duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I have done alot.

I don't think a poker forum would be the place to discuss it though.

seems perfectly reasonable to discuss other players value to society, but not yours?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Solid .gifs Jeremy.

Fvgzm.gif

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
seems perfectly reasonable to discuss other players value to society, but not yours?

Pretty sure the thread wasn't about 'me' (not everything is about 'me'... might want to think about that)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty sure the thread wasn't about 'me' (not everything is about 'me'... might want to think about that)

pretty sure this thread isn't about dan colemans contribution to the world, but its a thread it goes where it goes.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it me or does the guy look alot like the actor Scott Adtkins.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why can people not get on hellmuth about UB?

I think people have. Remember, Black Friday was over three years ago now and I'm certain Hellmuth took his share of the heat. But the poker landscape has changed and think about this.

The wsop continues to grow.
There are smaller-scale tours for those who can't afford to play the WSOP (ie: HPT).
The move for legalized online poker in the US continues to pick up steam (notwithstanding Ultimate's leaving the Nevada market).

It's not like there's a poker boom, but I think things are looking up for the future.

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Colman could have all the reason in the world but that does not gives you the permission to say the things that he saids about Phill or any other guy. I'm not a fan of Phill Helmuth but we have to put our foots on earth sometimes. We are all diferentes with the common pleasure with poker. It was bad.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think people have. Remember, Black Friday was over three years ago now and I'm certain Hellmuth took his share of the heat. But the poker landscape has changed and think about this.

The WSOP continues to grow.
There are smaller-scale tours for those who can't afford to play the WSOP (ie: HPT).
The move for legalized online poker in the US continues to pick up steam (notwithstanding Ultimate's leaving the Nevada market).

It's not like there's a poker boom, but I think things are looking up for the future.

GFC was in 07 which is 7 years ago now but people haven't stopped blaming bankers yet, why does he get off so easily?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never heard of Dan Coleman, but I certainly have heard a lot about Phil Hellmuth and I think he has way more WSOP bracelets than Dan will ever have.

Enough said, Wally
Yeah but the object of poker is to win money not bracelets. He's cashed for about $23 million to Helmuths $18 and he's only 23. He's definitely got the chops. Still, this self righteous shtick of his is starting to get old and even seems a little vain. If it's wrong to take advantage of less skilled players you should get morality points for feeling guilty about doing it.

Last edited:
LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure the amount cashed is really worth measuring, prizes get bigger with time. Today's role players in many sports are making more than world class players they idolized as kids.

p4i7ank9

p4i7ank9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has any of those two, Coleman and Hellmuth, ever played vs Isildur1? Cant find it on youtube. I think Blom would eat them both.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why can people not get on hellmuth about UB?

For the same reason no one should really get on Ivey about FTP...

They are just paid shills who don't have anything to do with the operations of the corporations behind the skins. Should he have known more....maybe...but I can't get on the players who for the first time had an opportunity to make a buck outside poker.

Now, the Lock pros is a completely different story.....

Some things are ambiguous others are not. There are a lot of grey areas, but I don't think Hellmuth actually knew as much as people assume that want to bash him. He has a pretty sterling history of gambling/loaning/his word being golden for a quarter century now in poker. That means something; if he was a dead-beat scumbag, we'd have heard about it now outside the UB situation.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the same reason no one should really get on Ivey about FTP...

^^^ +1

Though you have to wonder though if pressed, what would Dan Colman say about that, especially in light of some of the other recent controversies Ivey has been involved with. At least with Hellmuth, that's the only thing anybody really has on him.

R

rocksolid124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are both clowns, but at least Phil Hellmuth is good for poker.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like no one bashing Coleman has actually read what he's written.

So you should realize that those of us that have find it absurd when you say "he seems like a douche" etc. Yes he says profits off a game that he isn't 100% sure is morally/ethically reasonable. He also says he hasn't come to terms with it, and that while it's how he makes money, it still bothers him.

He's a ****ing kid, trying to figure out his own views of the world, and many itt are acting like all he's done is played poker and then taken a dump on the entire game.

Again, if you read what he's actually written, you would know this isn't true.

As for his supposed shunning of the media, he's been demonized by poker news outlets because he's not giving them "the show" they want. Any bias there? Nawwwwwwww definitely not... o_O

Whether it's right or not for Colman to call out Phil Hellmuth for his admittedly spotlight-grabbing and childish behavior is beyond the scope of this post. But if it's not right for Colman to do it, I don't think it's any more right for anyone here to call out Colman.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whether it's right or not for Colman to call out Phil Hellmuth for his admittedly spotlight-grabbing and childish behavior is beyond the scope of this post. But if it's not right for Colman to do it, I don't think it's any more right for anyone here to call out Colman.

When DC opened the can of worms by dissing PH, he opened the can that he is in as well. So, the cans are opened, and we get to choose which of those opened cans we consider remarkable.

In the end it sort of boils down to common courtesies and good sense, and DC showed neither IMHO.

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never had a clue about all these things to do with Phil Hellmuth about ultimate bet. Now I know it seems kinda clear to me he had a part of it and is staying out the way to cover his back.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never had a clue about all these things to do with Phil Hellmuth about ultimate bet. Now I know it seems kinda clear to me he had a part of it and is staying out the way to cover his back.

What things?

Clear about what?

What on earth are you talking about>?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When DC opened the can of worms by dissing PH, he opened the can that he is in as well. So, the cans are opened, and we get to choose which of those opened cans we consider remarkable.

In the end it sort of boils down to common courtesies and good sense, and DC showed neither IMHO.

How judgmental can you honestly be about how someone posts on the internet? His "dissing" of Phil isn't all that extreme relative to the environment it was posted in, and all of the statements have reasonable merit. If you're going to try to deny them all, I would welcome the chance to watch that attempt.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with cans of worms? You're saying because Dan Colman started judging Phil Hellmuth, that means you should be judging Colman? ..... Does that mean I should start judging you? I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make here.

Lastly, common courtesy to what? Apparently free speech isn't a thing for him (but it exists for all of us here to trash on Dan Colman). I have no clue what you mean by good sense. You make it sound like it was contrary to Colman's own interests to post that stuff. I don't think it was particularly "good sense" or "bad sense." Kind of just seems like you want to be contrarian with that remark.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, when I criticize DC, I do leave myself open to others criticizing me.

Have at it. And now that you have, you too are fair game. <<<< this is where the good sense and common courtesies come in.

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Colman the best player this year he does not care who the Hellmuth.

C

CactusCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a phenomenal player for sure, but what he has in ability he lacks in class. Very attention-whorish. Either just say what the winner is supposed to say and keep playing, or dramatically retire early.