Daniel Colman goes off on Phil Hellmuth

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And again, everyone arguing against Colman seems to have - at most - SKIMMED what he has said. I'm not talking about the single quote in the article, but rather his 2p2 post in response to statements about him not doing interviews.

He plays a game that he's not sure is ethical/moral. Are you telling me that every other 23 year old (or any other person, for that matter) acts 100% in good conscience in terms of what they believe in on a daily basis?

If that's you, good for you champ.

It's easy to bash celebrities because anything they do gets skyrocketed into scrutiny, and rather than accept that there might be grey area, everyone says "no, it's BLACK" or "NO, it's WHITE."

But no, guys, I'm sure Colman's a stuck-up bitch who has never done anything good for anyone and he should just go die in a hole in the ground so the world is a better place, right?

/thread

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone does not want to be in the spot light it is his choice. You have glory hounds, and you have people that love money.. I have no problems with his one drop for the million non interview....

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just because someone plays poker doesn't mean they have to be convinced that its a good thing for society.

True, but you have to admit that is a little like Walter White saying: "Don't do drugs."

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fwiw that is the first time anyone in this thread has said anything about what Colman has said being bad for poker.

Hellmuth confirmed more tolerable than he used to be, but still unwatchable for more than 15 min at a time lol.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fwiw that is the first time anyone in this thread has said anything about what Colman has said being bad for poker.

Hellmuth confirmed more tolerable than he used to be, but still unwatchable for more than 15 min at a time lol.

15 minutes is a long time

B

Boyle mrunson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is all sooooooo last week...

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it still on twoplustwo ?if so... someone post a link ..=)

Lipe110

Lipe110

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan of Colman but he does come across as a dick most of the time. The kid just needs to relax and have more fun.

Hellmuth has been great for promoting poker imo....I have talked to several people who don't really know much about poker but they'd all heard of Phil.

bracadelija

bracadelija

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything in life when you devote yourself to the joy and fun it becomes easier and better and poker.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it wasn't for Phil Hellmuth, poker attitude would have never existed and it's bad! In truth I enjoyed most of his actions during high cash gamea aired on tv. 😁

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
It's all very well calling somebody out over the internet. He should have brought this up at the time it happened

D

deliver1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After having watched many Poker programs where Mr Helmuth has acted rude and condecending to other players because he was offended that everyone at the tabe did not just push their chips over to him because he is after all"The Man" , I says forget him and any player who acts likes him. He is not the spokesperson for the Poker I enjoy playing and he never will ne.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm a fan of Colman but he does come across as a dick most of the time. The kid just needs to relax and have more fun.

Hellmuth has been great for promoting poker imo....I have talked to several people who don't really know much about poker but they'd all heard of Phil.

+1 although more of a fan prior to the OneDrop win... & also a 'huge dick'

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is not the spokesperson for the Poker I enjoy playing and he never will ne.

Knights-who-say-ni-monty-python.jpeg

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
That is disrespectful from coleman. phill hellmuth has done so much to promote poker all around the world. coleman hasnot done anything. and also he cant compete with hellmuth as a Player. playing vs only small amount of field n winning is not real poker. hellmuth has played huge fields n won many.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is disrespectful from coleman. phill hellmuth has done so much to promote poker all around the world. coleman hasnot done anything. and also he cant compete with hellmuth as a Player. playing vs only small amount of field n winning is not real poker. hellmuth has played huge fields n won many.

why is it not real poker?

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate how the poker media outlets have portrayed Dan Coleman. Having read his posts, I feel a lot of my opinions are somewhat inline with his. He's also a phenomenal player, and despite what a lot of people seem to think I suspect not such a 'douch'

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im really starting to not like Colman.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GFC was in 07 which is 7 years ago now but people haven't stopped blaming bankers yet, why does he get off so easily?

There, you are talking about people losing billions (many of them their life savings). While fair to acknowledge that, it's not an apples to apples comparison. Not to excuse his association because he should have taken a stance when everything was exposed, but there are others who are way more deserving of the blame.

R

rayban

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is this guy? I think I know him but dont know from where?
Is he an actor?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not fan of Phill Helmuth neither Dan Colman. First one is poker legend likes him or not, and another one has great achievements but he still need to prove his value