André Akkari from the interview on the leading tv channel

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker should be left as is, and try to keep it safe and reputable because once it is legalized as says it will be a catastrophe for the game itself.
I still maintain that it is not a sport and therefore I do not think that it should be included as an Olympic sport more there of all the shady negosiations that exist around.
I agree that it is a game where mind it is fundamental

I would like to know why it would be a catastrophe for the game?
Here in brazil I think it would not be, since for not being regularized we have to pay the tax of 27.5% of the amounts we earn.
And also if it were legalized it would be the end of these dark negotiations that you talked about and it would also increase the credibility of poker bringing many benefits to website owners as well as governments that would raise more taxes.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
But all the same, my friend, that is your opinion and I have my opinion that is contrary to yours, but that does not mean that I am obliged to read your comment. And life that follows
and hug.:)

Okay but you now seem to be digging a hole deeper with the Olympics thing.

A reminder, this issue has been raised before (poker at the Olympics) and just because ex-Olympians now play poker does not make it a more sensible idea.

You and some others seem to think poker will become an Olympic sport and I do not, simple, lets see what happens in the longer term.

Finally, regarding sports and the idea of fewer and fewer people taking the games seriously - again you miss the point. The IOC itself adds and then drops games from the Olympics as it sees fit and has done so for over 100 years. They have a variety of reasons for doing so.

I have also said in the past it is notable that those who call for poker to become an Olympic sport have seldom if ever given it any serious thought. Did Neymar for example discuss whether it would be professional or amateur players? Because it surely would not be for money (certainly not allowed) rather than just chips and prestige.

And how would tournaments be staged exactly....would they allow open fields of thousands to suddenly show up and participate? Highly unlikely. So what would be the format? A very limited number of player representing country playing each other? So far when this has been attempted (international competitions) commercially it has enjoyed little success. Further poker in the Olympics advocates never seem to have contemplated the idea of host countries not accepting poker as gambling is prohibited in their country.

Did Neymar discuss any of this?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A reminder, this issue has been raised before (poker at the Olympics) and just because ex-Olympians now play poker does not make it a more sensible idea.

You and some others seem to think poker will become an Olympic sport and I do not, simple, lets see what happens in the longer term.

Finally, regarding sports and the idea of fewer and fewer people taking the games seriously - again you miss the point. The IOC itself adds and then drops games from the Olympics as it sees fit and has done so for over 100 years. They have a variety of reasons for doing so.

I have also said in the past it is notable that those who call for poker to become an Olympic sport have seldom if ever given it any serious thought. Did Neymar for example discuss whether it would be professional or amateur players? Because it surely would not be for money (certainly not allowed) rather than just chips and prestige.

And how would tournaments be staged exactly....would they allow open fields of thousands to suddenly show up and participate? Highly unlikely. So what would be the format? A very limited number of player representing country playing each other? So far when this has been attempted (international competitions) commercially it has enjoyed little success. Further poker in the Olympics advocates never seem to have contemplated the idea of host countries not accepting poker as gambling is prohibited in their country.

The first two questions are easy to answer:
1) I believe that yes, just playing for chips, in fact this already happens, money is just a consequence of those who know the game of chips, cards and people. And I also believe that it would not be for mere prestige, but for the prestige of representing your nation.
2) There should be national eliminatories in each country as in any other sport and the best represent the respective countries.
3) Now this question is up to each country, but I believe that in the meantime if countries that disapprove of the practice are included in the Olympics, they would think a little better about it.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Dude, in fact, you are one of the few poker players I know with this mentality, I would like to understand your aversion to poker at the Olympics?
Are you at least an Olympic sportsman?
My friend I will laugh at you so much if from here, let's say ... about ten years of poker as well as other games like chess are included in the Olympics ... I will be forced to troll you if that happens:D

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Dude, in fact, you are one of the few poker players I know with this mentality, I would like to understand your aversion to poker at the Olympics?
Are you at least an Olympic sportsman?
My friend I will laugh at you so much if from here, let's say ... about ten years of poker as well as other games like chess are included in the Olympics ... I will be forced to troll you if that happens:D

Yes, feel free to troll me of poker becomes an Olympic sport but for now that is not close to reality!

I have no aversion to poker at the Olympics, I do really do care one way or the other. Except that is from an Olympic game perspective where I think the games would lose credibility. Why not have blackjack in the Olympics or Dominoes?

I have been involved in several posts where I note I do not think poker on an international level promotes itself well. The industry largely seems to have rested on its laurels after the Moneymaker effect. What I would prefer is the industry to look within itself seriously and find ways to grow the game. I can see why Brazilians might think this is happening but the fact is a certain success has latterly been enjoyed in Brazil, but not everywhere else.

If poker is to grow it needs to do more than try to hitch itself to the Olympic games (which will likely ne a waste of time regardless).

Finally, as underlined Bridge was not accepted by the IOC. Bridge already has global organization and competitions with a well established World Championship. Further Bridge has world rankings for players (individually. although necessarily as part of a team).If the IOC was to accept one card game into the mix, I believe it would be Bridge. I doubt very much after the IOC recognized Bridge as a sport (not without some controversy) they would then opt to bring another card game such as poker into the games before Bridge.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello, I am following your conversation, by the way, very interesting, relevant and constructive, and I would like to make a comment.

First, I would like to make it clear that I am totally in favor of the growth and development of the game, even if it became an Olympic sport.

But my life experience shows that this is a practically impossible situation, and I say why:

Olympics are disputes between "countries", this is the first barrier of all.

Some countries still do not consider poker a sport, others do not even allow it to be played live, this already shows the size of the problem that would be to put into practice a competition.

Even if this problem is solved, there are still other problems: "lobby"!

Those who believe that it is only about competing and representing their nation, have no idea how much money an Olympics represents!

So, how many other associations and organizations from other sports, some even with more visibility than poker, are not at this very moment, trying to isolate their own sports, leagues and associations within the competition?

Is it just for the love of the sport? or does this involve financial gains, directly or indirectly?

GL

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are subtitles for English here also the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDE3-UgHByI&t=466s
I don't know if the link will already be subtitled ...

I must also emphasize that in the video there are two Olympic athletes who support poker in the Olympics Maurem, who was a medalist in pole vaulting and migrated to poker, and also Neymar Jr, who has already participated in the Olympics and everyone already knows his involvement with poker. .

The link is still in Portuguese but I changed my settings to sub title in English.

I couple pick out a few words in Portuguese here and there but much better to read in English. :)

Andre and Maurreen makes some interesting points as would most people who have played poker.

However, IF poker EVER went to the Olympics it would not likely be in my lifetime. First of all, poker is a mental game combined with a level of chance. I'm sitting here wondering, is there any other sport/game even close to poker that has been part of any other contest of a variety of sports? Poker as a physical sport is a very, very hard sell. Mental sport? Maybe but there is too much of a level of chance involved. In my opinion, poker does not fit in the Olympics at least right now.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, I am following your conversation, by the way, very interesting, relevant and constructive, and I would like to make a comment.

First, I would like to make it clear that I am totally in favor of the growth and development of the game, even if it became an Olympic sport.

But my life experience shows that this is a practically impossible situation, and I say why:

Olympics are disputes between "countries", this is the first barrier of all.

Some countries still do not consider poker a sport, others do not even allow it to be played live, this already shows the size of the problem that would be to put into practice a competition.

Even if this problem is solved, there are still other problems: "lobby"!

Those who believe that it is only about competing and representing their nation, have no idea how much money an Olympics represents!

So, how many other associations and organizations from other sports, some even with more visibility than poker, are not at this very moment, trying to isolate their own sports, leagues and associations within the competition?

Is it just for the love of the sport? or does this involve financial gains, directly or indirectly?

GL
Yes, very well placed my dear. I understand that it is a remote chance but I cannot help but dream about it and encourage such an event.
Regarding being banned in other countries, I agree that it is a big barrier, but we have cases of countries that are out of other sports due to lack of competitors so these are a matter for the country itself.
And regarding the lobbying and money involved I believe that poker is way ahead of other sports.
The link is still in Portuguese but I changed my settings to sub title in English.

I couple pick out a few words in Portuguese here and there but much better to read in English. :)

Andre and Maurreen makes some interesting points as would most people who have played poker.

However, IF poker EVER went to the Olympics it would not likely be in my lifetime. First of all, poker is a mental game combined with a level of chance. I'm sitting here wondering, is there any other sport/game even close to poker that has been part of any other contest of a variety of sports? Poker as a physical sport is a very, very hard sell. Mental sport? Maybe but there is too much of a level of chance involved. In my opinion, poker does not fit in the Olympics at least right now.
Yes, in truth it was not an in-depth interview about poker they approached in a superficial and generic way so that lay viewers or those who are unfamiliar with the sport understand a little.
I agree with you, I was thinking here if this happens it will take a little longer than I would like.
Perhaps a reasonable idea would be to create a world Olympics for the support of the mind.
I have been studying poker equity a lot and it really is a game of very similar odds and luck turns out to be a major factor despite the existence of many mechanisms and strategies to mitigate it.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked

:D

Attachments

• 217787843_336200354845262_1511679141029975422_n.jpg
    217787843_336200354845262_1511679141029975422_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, Bial doesn't have much prestige jajajaj
As for Akkari, it's a great example and icon for us.
Regarding poker at the Olympics... I don't think it fits, that's all.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
André Akkari from the interview with the main television channel, for me he is one of the best poker players in the world and a good coach to learn and study:smile:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
André Akkari from the interview with the main television channel, for me he is one of the best poker players in the world and a good coach to learn and study:smile:

sure, dude!

R

rodrigonc340

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Brazilian poker is lucky to have Andre Akkari, he has contributed and still contributes a lot to the sport in the country. I'm this guy's fan