ACR and the technical difficulties during the PKO event

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Three of the final Progressive Knockout Super Series, which began on Sunday were in the fray of the technical issues on the site. The issues could not be resolved as quickly as they had hoped so the decision was made to cancel the games. If you were affected, take a look at the article for more information as to how you will be reimbursed.

Poker site Issues - ICM Payouts, Bonus Tickets for Cancelled PKOSS Events

Last edited:
Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat has been a lot kinder to ACR on this topic than some of the other poker forums (which I won't name). :D

I agree with those who say ACR needs to either get their act together with multiple-day events... or else, they need to simply stop running multi-day events altogether if they cannot.

As was commented on one of those other forums... ACR's track record with multi-day tournaments is that they've had more failures and aborts due to "technical issues" than they've had successful events with no problems during the tournament. That's not a good track record at all and they SHOULD be embarassed about it to the point where they remedy it once and for all, one way or the other.

Personally, I think the big huge "OMG $7 Million Venom" are terrible for poker... the biggest reason being, it draws government and bankster attention to the poker sites. If sites ran smaller money events, governments most likely would just look the other way and ignore them, but the big events must raise some red flags somewhere. Why bother drawing that kind of attention? Some of us Americans hope and pray we can get back to FREEDOM someday, and I doubt these big gray market site tourneys help our cause. But that's just my own personal opinion and wish. I know it is not shared by the poker sites, they could give a damn about the American government obviously (and who could blame them).

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This problem also affects withdrawals, they usually take about 2 hours; this time it was 32 hours for them to accept the withdrawal through BTC

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This problem also affects withdrawals, they usually take about 2 hours; this time it was 32 hours for them to accept the withdrawal through BTC

Interesting clue. I wonder if this is the reason the tournament was stopped, I've always speculated about "outside pressures" impacting things. Usually I suspect other poker sites of sabotaging them, but it is also entirely possible that "state actors" might also not want the gray market sites to succeed... What a mess of a world we all live in.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
With all the monies they make ,why cant they upgrade their servers and softwares nicely, so many times they have tech issues during games