Bitcoin Wallets and Exchanges

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just used blockchain to transfer chips from seals to american card room it was only a few hours. i also used Cc1000 first time deposit code too

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone use Bitcoin to fund your poker accounts?

I moved to Panama to play poker full time, but I've had issues funding my accounts since I've been here. Since my bank accounts are all US accounts, the sites I play on and neteller all decline my cards. I was just recently able to get all my poker accounts and my Neteller account changed over to Panama accounts, but now I have no way to fund any of them. Which is why I am currious about bitcoin. I see Neteller accepts Bitcoin, has anyone used this option? And if so, what bitcoin wallet are you using?

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just starting using Bitcoin and I have to say it is surprisingly efficient. The deposits are completed within an hour and it takes 1-4 days to complete withdrawals (once the withdrawal was processed by the poker site, Carbon poker in my case). Btw, I use Circle and Electrum for my bitcoin transactions. If you look at previous posts you will find everything you need to know about bitcoin and online poker. Here are the main posts I suggest you read:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-deposits-withdrawals-54/someone-explain-bitcoin-wallet-296369/

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-deposits-withdrawals-54/bitcoin-deposits-296687/

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-deposits-withdrawals-54/bitcoin-users-beware-295443/

Once you have read these you should be all set to try Bitcoin, good luck.

detroitwrecker

detroitwrecker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard a lot about using bitcoin for online poker and I have not really heard anything bad. Can someone post the main bitcoin providers (if you will) and a step by step as to how someone new can go about getting started? More and more, I hear from players that it is great and I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked this in another thread when it was talked about but never did see a response. I have a coinbase account for bitcoins, but have seen several comments about also using a wallet. So my question is whats the difference between a wallet and coinbase?

I have see a few comments about coinbase locking accounts and such. I thought that was one of the benefits of bitcoin of not having to worry about that. Do I need to use something other then coinbase?

Not sure if right section but appreciate the help.

There are several personal wallets to choose among, from the light clients like Mycelium and Electrum to the full node client like Bitcoin Core. There are some online wallets that ask very few questions like Xapo that some use but the personal wallets provide the most privacy, control, and security. Bitcoin purchasing gateways like Circle and Coinbase still have to conform to KYC and AML regulations so while it's easy to purchase bitcoin on them, it's best to send your coin to your personal wallet before conducting any business that you wish to remain private.

In short, purchase your coin at Coinbase, send the coin to your Electrum wallet (or any other personally controlled client), then use that wallet to transfer your funds to the poker site and vice versa....when you withdraw from the poker site, withdraw to your Electrum wallet and from your Electrum wallet back to your Coinbase account which is linked to your banking account. It sounds more complicated than it is in reality, but just use a personal wallet as a middleman between your Coinbase account and the site where you're playing because anything connected to your U.S. banking account has to abide by KYC/AML regultations.

P

PackAnotherBowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buy BC from wherever, then send BC to blockchain.info wallet, and finally send from blockchain.info to BOVADO/INCOGNITO.

B507

B507

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After using BC over two years - I can only that one: easy, fast, save about 5..8% (if count all of my transactions).
If you think that is not good value for save some funds - think once more, please - after looking around in our modern world.
I use: https://blockchain.info/

P

panicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A word of caution about using online wallets like blockchain...occasionally, blockchain gets DDOSed and you might not have access to your coin for the duration of the DDOS attack. If this is a concern, you might want to look into using an offline wallet. I like Multibit, personally. https://multibit.org/

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A word of caution about using online wallets like blockchain...occasionally, blockchain gets DDOSed and you might not have access to your coin for the duration of the DDOS attack. If this is a concern, you might want to look into using an offline wallet. I like Multibit, personally.

is this true?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
is this true?

Any site of any type can be the victim of A "distributed denial-of-service" attack, It is not anything you as a user can change so I would not worry about it too much.

P

panicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is this true?

It's happened multiple times in the past with Blockchain and various BTC exchanges. To be clear, you don't lose the coin in your Blockchain wallet, you're just unable to access it for the duration of the attack, which has been hours to days previously. This isn't an issue with offline wallets that are on your computer or smartphone locally.

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really good info in this thread and I'm interested in using bitcoin, but is there anyone who had a bad experience / loss of funds?

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
delayed but never lost .....

Thanks Doubledunk. Are you a US player? The reason I ask is I'm a bit apprehensive toward depositing again after losing my money on Fulltilt. I've researched the various threads on bitcoin and it sounds positive, but I just want to make sure.

P

panicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really good info in this thread and I'm interested in using bitcoin, but is there anyone who had a bad experience / loss of funds?

You can definitely lose all your bitcoin if you have your wallet saved on a local hard drive and the hard drive crashes, but it's actually really easy to back up and restore your wallet so there's no excuse to not do so. When you create a wallet with a program like Multibit, it will give you a short passphrase of some random plaintext words that you're supposed to write down on a sheet of paper, like "umbrella baboon window..." etc. You can then put that sheet of paper in a safe deposit box in real life. If your hard drive crashes, you can recreate your wallet from any computer using only that passphrase.

There is a long thread on bitcointalk.org about people who have lost bitcoins in real life and it definitely happens. However, like all data loss stories, it's when people don't make backups and forget their password or their laptop catches fire and they didn't write down their wallet words. If you take some reasonable precautions like backing up your wallet, it's not something to be worried about.

Regarding bad experiences, I once had ACR not credit me for about ~$20 worth of a bitcoin deposit. It was only that one time, though, and I think it was general idiocy and ignorance on their part as opposed to them trying to scam me out of $20. I never did get my money back, though. Most of the sites that use bitcoin (everywhere but bitcoin-only sites) don't know anything about bitcoin, they just have a bitcoin payment processor just like they have a visa payment processor and a Neteller payment processor and a skrill payment processor. They are not willing to go through a public-domain bitcoin transaction history with you where you might show them the error of their ways, they just know what their payment processor told them.

P

PackAnotherBowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donald Trump personally guarantees every deposit made using bitcoin - limited to American sites only.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am going to set up bitcoin an a wallet soon , will let all know how it goes

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok i need some help using circle and blockchain for now waiting on approval by coinbase. My question is simple I hope circle no longer allows address movement of bitcoin instead wants to only move funds by a name or by email. How do I set up blockchain correctly to receive the funds from circle by using email?

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Doubledunk. Are you a US player? The reason I ask is I'm a bit apprehensive toward depositing again after losing my money on Fulltilt. I've researched the various threads on bitcoin and it sounds positive, but I just want to make sure.

no, im not. but i lived in Oregon for about a year and used Bitcoin there

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I setup a Circle and Blockchain account. Deposited money onto Circle and started a transaction to send money from Circle to Blockchain, but when I put in my Blockchain address on Circle, it says Circle can no longer transfer money to a bitcoin address. So now what? What is everyone using?