Bitcoin Wallets and Exchanges

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell the bank that you're trying to deposit money onto an online poker site. They will remove the deposit restrictions. I asked my bank to call Pokerstars, and they gave permission for me to play there. It's called "people skills" and they go a long way.

DO NOT TELL YOUR BANK THAT AS A US RESIDENT !

T

teofilo leandro ynca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my bitcoin wallet but I wonder if pokerstars accept bitcoin or other poker room accepts bitcoin as a payment method

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coinbase sent me a warning stating that..

I am in violation of there terms of service by depositing or receiving funds using coin base? What is a wallet that is ok with online gambling?

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got this from coinbase..
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Coinbase! We know you have a choice when it comes to digital currency services and we are grateful to have earned your trust.

Our records indicate that your account may be involved in transaction(s) related to online gambling. Please be aware that pursuant to Appendix 1 of our User Agreement, Coinbase Services may not be used in connection with online gambling (https://www.coinbase.com/legal/user_agreement).

If you have sent funds to an online gambling site or have received funds from online gambling, please be aware that this is a violation of our Terms and we respectfully request you cease such activity.

If, however, you believe this transaction is not associated with online gambling please respond with a detailed explanation of your activity for our records.

Please note that if we do see additional transactions

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't deposit funds or withdraws directly from coinbase to a poker site or vice versa. You have to first deposit into a bitcoin wallet like blockchain and then transfer them over to a poker site or to coinbase. By doing this coinbase won't realize or send you a warning saying you violated their terms of service. It's just an unfortunate world that we live in when you have to work your way around their terms by doing this, but it's simple and not a big deal at all.

Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone explain Bitcoin wallet.

I asked this in another thread when it was talked about but never did see a response. I have a coinbase account for bitcoins, but have seen several comments about also using a wallet. So my question is whats the difference between a wallet and coinbase?

I have see a few comments about coinbase locking accounts and such. I thought that was one of the benefits of bitcoin of not having to worry about that. Do I need to use something other then coinbase?

Not sure if right section but appreciate the help.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have u ever use bitcoin for transaction
the function is more like paypal but no fee.

therefore, bitcoin wallet is more like to your paypal account.

in realty , when you use something like real money to make the reservation for hotel etc.
you do not need the ...actual money
when check in , you need is something like a confirmation number.

therefore bitcoin wallet also has the same function like a paper or ...text files on your cellphone to hold that number.
bitcoin wallet is more like that paper or cellphone txt file.

Last edited:
Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use coinbase, but just have seen some post saying before I deposit to a room, I should send from coin bast to a wallet then to the poker room. So that is where I am a little confused at.

L

lightfoot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoin deposits

Does anyone have experience funding a poker account with Bitcoin? Any issues?

P

panicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The biggest issue is that some of the places that sell bitcoin (Circle, Coinbase, etc.) don't want you to use BTC to gamble, so if you send money directly from their site and deposit it on a known gambling site they will likely shut down your account. The best way around this is to withdraw from the BTC exchange to a wallet, and then send from the wallet to the site you want to play on. Also, if they ask you why you want an increase in your BTC purchase limit, etc., don't tell them it's because you want to play higher stakes or whatever, because they will shut down your account for that, too.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The biggest issue is that some of the places that sell bitcoin (Circle, Coinbase, etc.) don't want you to use BTC to gamble, so if you send money directly from their site and deposit it on a known gambling site they will likely shut down your account. The best way around this is to withdraw from the BTC exchange to a wallet, and then send from the wallet to the site you want to play on. Also, if they ask you why you want an increase in your BTC purchase limit, etc., don't tell them it's because you want to play higher stakes or whatever, because they will shut down your account for that, too.
I agree with this. Use Coinbase or Circle or both but do not do transactions directly with any gambling site or poker site. Example: buy bitcoin from Coinbase or Circle then send it to a bitcoin wallet you also own (blockchain wallet for example) then after you receive it there send it to the poker site. When withdrawing from poker site send to wallet then Coinbase or Circle. That works for now but bitcoin can be tracked back and if this will be a long term solution will depend on just how ridiculously nosy, in your business these exchanges are going to get in the future.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I've been using bitcoin for several years now....I love it! As mentioned by others here....always send your bitcoin to your personal wallet before depositing it into a gambling account. There have been many instances of locked funds from those sending directly from a bitcoin gateway, such as circle. If you don't already have a bitcoin wallet, I recommend the Electrum wallet because it has a much faster synchronization period than the core wallet and it is much more resource friendly. I would also suggest avoiding online wallets because they keep control of your accounts private keys and do weird things associated with your addresses; with a desktop wallet you are in complete and total control of your money.

J

JB_ILLINI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used Bitcoin to deposit at BetOnline poker and it was quick and worked well. Have to set up an account on a Wallet website to transfer the bitcoin to and from but it was not difficult. I recommend it.

jb_illini

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might add here that the bitcoin economy is highly competitive and mostly unregulated so it is important to practice due diligence when transacting in bitcoin. It can be a highly rewarding prospect but that doesn't come without its risks.

S

Stellasam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I access my personal wallet cj moles?

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do I access my personal wallet cj moles?

Set up an account with circle. Use this to link your bank account so you can buy and sell bitcoins to.

Then open a wallet at blockchain.

You buy Bitcoin off circle, send $ to blockchain. Take $ from blockchain and send to poker. Cashout reverse.

Request $ from site to blockchain. Send $ from blockchain to circle. Convert Bitcoin to bank account from circle.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoin

Curious about Bitcoins. I have been out of the poker community for about a year now and coming back I have seen Bitcoins advertised at almost any site I have visited recently. I hear that you get quicker withdrawals, which have been notoriously been delayed at most poker sites. This is a very nice perk but the online currency makes me a bit hesitant. For one, as far as I am aware it seems relatively volatile although it did appreciate from the last time I saw it. The second is that it isn't a universally accepted currency, at least not widely accepted in the United States. How easy is it to "exchange" bitcoins for other currency? Also what kind of experience have people had using bitcoin?

Thanks for any advice that you guys can give.

Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bitcoin has been nice. Just due research on your wallets. Some wallets are closing accounts if you use at poker sites. I have someone I trust when I get bitcoin. He takes the btc and sends me paypal when i need it.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are any top wallets poker friendly, or are there any known to be anti-poker and close accounts? Most of the sites don't have information about there poker relationship, but I am afraid to go to an announced poker friendly site for fear that they are small, shady, and unregulated.

Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are any top wallets poker friendly, or are there any known to be anti-poker and close accounts? Most of the sites don't have information about there poker relationship, but I am afraid to go to an announced poker friendly site for fear that they are small, shady, and unregulated.

YOu can fund coinbase but most recommend using a wallet from coinbase to the poker room. Right now I use coinbase and xapo. But another site recommend thesse but haven't researched yet.

I'd recommend using Electrum on your desktop or laptop and Mycelium or Jaxx on your phone.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a ton, for the advice and helpful information Melbell!

D

Davedickeyyall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoin?

I'm trying to set up a bitcoin account.. its quite confusing... any one have any helpful ideas?