• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

Did you have an eye for online poker?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
During the year of my introduction to poker, my eyesight has deteriorated a little... How about you?

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just pick a site where you can choose your card faces and pick the ones that are four colour and big. Plus get reading glasses, you must be old like me.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I also noticed this in myself, unfortunately. As the commentator above already indicated, it is very important to choose a 4-color deck - this will allow you to not look at the screen so much (and it’s just much more convenient, does anyone else play with a 2-color lol?). Personally, I also turn on the blue filter built into Windows and use “artificial tears” to moisturize my eyes to avoid discomfort and dryness.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At 68 years old I did have a problem with distinguishing Hearts from Diamonds and Clubs from Spades, and it was getting a problem when I though I had made a flush but in reality I hadn't. So I changed the Deck to 4 colours On-line and the problem was not a problem any more.
Relief came when I had an Eye test and it was found I had Cataracts in both eyes but Laser surgery cured that. So now I can play with both a regular Deck or 4 colour deck.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly, I use a 27-inch monitor, and secondly, I set the magnification to 150% in the screen settings. This gives me the opportunity to read texts without eye strain. Your vision loss was not only caused by playing poker. If you use a laptop, then naturally your numbers and letters are small. I am already 64 years old. Since the advent of computers, I have been sitting in front of a monitor for a long time and at the moment I have not even thought about wearing glasses. In many ways, vision and health in general depend on your genes that you inherited from your parents.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I didn't notice any deterioration. But my personal affairs are not going well, and so, six months ago, the situation was much better overall. In fact, it's all the fault of the damned orcs who are destroying Ukraine's energy system.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are days that for no reason I start to have a blurry vision in one eye and it last a couple of minutes or it only gets better after I close my eyes for some time or after I sleep. I think it's because of too many hours using a screen (not only poker, but also ipad and iphone).

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Maybe you spend too much time looking at the monitor in general. It's not just poker that's to blame. Unfortunately, this is our common problem.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
So far I haven't had any problems, I only play in my spare time

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play with glasses for computer work, I have been using them for more than 10 years. The deterioration of gilding is age-related changes, the main thing is not to provoke more.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to take eye tests as part of my job and my eyesight is exactly as it was 6 years ago when I first started playing poker. I've played almost every day since until the last few months as I haven't had much free time so in my experience no it hasn't affected me.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i already wear glasses but eyesight hasnt got worse since playing

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Years ago, before I became a poker enthusiast, I had to get reading glasses. The optometrist said that was likely due to staring at a screen during my work day.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a great game, I have been liking it for 4 years, and I continue playing, I have a lot of fun, I hope you feel that way too.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am having more trouble with bright sunlight these days than bright computer screens
Sometimes I don't get my sunglasses on in time and suffer for a few days after with headaches and other symptoms

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say that in general, after an age each of us who use these gaming devices that attract us every day, will need an eye check, not necessarily only the online poker game affects the eyes.

Phlex

Phlex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mistake 4's for A's quite often..

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker for money is played all over the world. Perhaps, this is the most popular sports discipline, which is currently available to users in an online format.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Îs the blue Light that îs very bad for your eyes and perhapse you are spending to much time expose, so my advices îs to make the sesions smaller.. Like 2-3 hours and when îs a brake în tourneys just try to keep your eyes close 😄

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, this is due to the large number of games in the first year, when you want to learn everything quickly, my eyes hurt, and I decided to visit an ophthalmologist, who prescribed me glasses for working on the computer and now everything is fine.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
eye deterioration is normal as we get old. get glasses, and dont stare at the screen for more than 4 hours