You with AA, in the first leg of the Sunday Million 17th Anniversary.

Redhammer749

Redhammer749

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
would of loved to play but work comes first first hand or whenever u get AA HU like one comment above said if you dont call AA HU maybe you shouldnt register easy call in any size buy in

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does that mean you'd fold AA in the spot that's been described by OP?
Folding a pair of aces is not the end of the world.
I really don't have a powerful enough pc to calculate the spot that Cesar didn't count.

But I say that in a multi pot spot you would be surprised how many times AA will lose.
I could be wrong but I would say he shouldn't have more than 25% (to win) in a 5-handed pot with random cards.

But understand, it's a situation to think about... in addition to the 'pressure' of playing at a buy-in greater than the additional one... which a good placement alone would yield more than many and many others games we play, you see... so you have to weigh yourself.

I think AA is a good call, but if we take other things into account maybe we can hold for the nuts in the future.

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I would definitely pay for it! At first hand it is more than certain that one wins.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Folding a pair of aces is not the end of the world.
I really don't have a powerful enough pc to calculate the spot that Cesar didn't count.

But I say that in a multi pot spot you would be surprised how many times AA will lose.
I could be wrong but I would say he shouldn't have more than 25% (to win) in a 5-handed pot with random cards.
Wrong! First off it was HEads Up. 2nd, 5way, you'll be quintupling your stack... & you won't be up vs. "RANDOM HANDS"... more likely KK QQ, JJ and maybe AK (but seriously... 100+bb's deep.. it's gonna be QQ+.. more likely KK+. Maybe you're up vs. KK KK & AK and they're practically drawing dead!?!??!
THink about it.. they won't have 97s, lol
But understand, it's a situation to think about... in addition to the 'pressure' of playing at a buy-in greater than the additional one... which a good placement alone would yield more than many and many others games we play, you see... so you have to weigh yourself.

I think AA is a good call, but if we take other things into account maybe we can hold for the nuts in the future.
ESPECIALLY if you're playing at a higher buyin where you feel you might be outclassed on the table then by all means you MUST take this opportunity BUT I would ASSURE that even Bencb & the rest of the Top BALLERS from HSMTT (or grinders from LSMTT) would ALL call with AA vs. an all-in in early levels.

Not sure why I would want to convince you (or anyone else really). Keep on folding ;)

Can you imagine how exploitable that could be... Villain KNOWs you'll fold EVEN AA in early levels to a shove.... I mean they could print money shoving 72o

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
THink about it.. they won't have 97s, lol

ESPECIALLY if you're playing at a higher buyin where you feel you might be outclassed on the table then by all means you MUST take this opportunity BUT I would ASSURE that even Bencb & the rest of the Top BALLERS from HSMTT (or grinders from LSMTT) would ALL call with AA vs. an all-in in early levels.

Not sure why I would want to convince you (or anyone else really). Keep on folding ;)

Can you imagine how exploitable that could be... Villain KNOWs you'll fold EVEN AA in early levels to a shove.... I mean they could print money shoving 72o
Maybe you didn't understand my point.
Of course Bencb, Lena, C.Darwin (etc) would easily call as many times as needed... after all $200, $1000 or even $100,000 for them is just a tip. They even tend to play 'well' loose at the beginning (at least some of them do), in addition to frequent rebuys.

I wouldn't fold AA preflop anytime in a freeroll or low buy-in game for example, but there are spots that are acceptable depending on ICM among other factors... I believe this is an exception.

I don't see any problem going into a multiway pot with AA.
In more expensive buy-ins I'll think twice... but really the situation is very unusual for being the first hand.

In MTT's I usually divide my objectives into stages... I have no problem with having to play to get the chips, and folding better hands in unfavorable situations. Sometimes I can shove worse hands but I try to choose better situations.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Speaking of Sunday millions, anyone know what happens to tickets won into the final stage feeders if I intentionally don’t use them? It’s like 11.30pm, I’m looking to sleep in a sec and if I did play I wouldn’t be able to join till 3/4pm tomorrow.... That’s ridiculously late to enter and I wouldn’t want to auto enter.... Think reg is open for 19hrs plus. I’ll actually have 2 soon.. I didn’t realise the ticket won lead here. Ive not played a non bounty SM before, but reg’n close to start I feel day 2 isn’t my cup of tea. Avg Stack I said 80k at the mo with 530k largest. 👀 6hrs late reg
It doesn't matter if you register now or shortly before 7pm , the action continues in the evening at 7

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe you didn't understand my point.

I wouldn't fold AA preflop anytime in a freeroll or low buy-in game for example, but there are spots that are acceptable depending on ICM among other factors... I believe this is an exception.
But it's not an exception. It's also a re-entry. Honestly if someone considers folding AA in this spot, I REALLY don't know why they would ever play the tournament in the first place.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
But it's not an exception. It's also a re-entry. Honestly if someone considers folding AA in this spot, I REALLY don't know why they would ever play the tournament in the first place.
agreed. math is on your side. if you lose it wasn't meant to be but anything else than call allin would be an incorrect decision imo

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well this is a dream scenario not a difficult decision,
if you aren't going to call here just get up from the table and go home
.... scared money is dead money(y)

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Dream scenario of course, but others are correct, I would shove. Why would it be different to jam with AA against one player in the first hand or 5 hours later? In neither cases you win anything if you get extremely unlucky but you shouldn't think about the cases where you get lucky. There is never a case when 100% you are the winner preflop.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You still don't understand the crux of the matter... and I swear it's not that hard to get there, you just need to put yourself in the other person's shoes... and that has nothing to do with folding AA.

No... there is no re-entry option if you are playing at a higher buy-in than yours with a ticket won in a freeroll.
I also believe that you are unaware that sometimes any 1000 dollars earned could make a difference in the player's life (maybe not so 'little', but we don't know the situation of others)

Hypothetically... you could win 1 million by folding AA and avoiding the chipleader who is forcing all the blinds, but comes with AA and wants to exercise his EV+ play in the long term...
This to me is stupid... We must understand statistics, just as it is... which is difficult for most people...
By the way, now you were eliminated in fifth,,, winning 100k, being second in chips. The question is was it worth it?
How many times are you going to play that buy-in to have the same chance of winning the 1 million?

Or

Now, you've won 5x the starting stack... so what... are we going to crush the 100x buy-in players? Are we guaranteed in the ITM?

First hand... freeroll ticket... the most plausible thought would be to call... but we can't judge this as the right or wrong thing to do because it's not us playing... and each one will have their own point of view.

E

eduardo8269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would already enter with everything the winning player is not afraid of losing the tournament even if it is at the beginning

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wouldn’t be playing in that tourney - too rich for me :D. But to answer your question yes I would call with AA preflop probably every time any tournament.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The day i fold AA on preflop i will not play poker anymore.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I lost yesterday with AA against A7s only 2 players were involved and he makes the flush Congratulations that's my world but I would do it again and again because everything else makes no sense. I play to win and if I don't win with the best cards then I won't be able to do it any other way. if more than 2 players are involved then I'll think about it. but no matter how good you play in the end you always need luck :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am stunned by the amount of posts about folding AA preflop. Yes I call, and its the easiest decision ever, because I know, I am at least a 4:1 favourite. If I lose, then I reenter. If I cant afford to reenter, then I am probably not playing the tournament in the first place. And if it was some kind of "shot", and I only have one bullet, then I dont care, if I bust after 1 or 200 hands, because its just the same. I am not playing for entertainment but for the chance of winning the big prices up on top.

C1ownSue

C1ownSue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If you throw away such hands, I am ready to add to this list such a hand as KK, these 2 hands I am ready to call in preflop heads-up on 9-max tables in any situation. I can say with confidence that you will never have big wins if you make such decisions, I'm talking about choosing the decision to fold in this situation.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It doesn't matter if you register now or shortly before 7pm , the action continues in the evening at 7
Yer I know, I wrote that very badly lol I was tired. The restart is in 30min and i didn’t want to enter it. I even didn’t play either of the tickets I had to the main ticket sat. For one not the time and secondly 10bb start... Defo not my cup of tea lol, I see many I know playing and a few are in for as many as 5 bullets.... Literally 1 hand in or out entry not a bit of me

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Actually it is. It's an extremely easy decision. Nobody is that good to be passing up on spots like this.. not even Helmuth with his White magic
For Helmuth of course it's an easy decision, for him $215.00 is nothing, even me in his place would call with a laugh.:ROFLMAO:

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Yer I know, I wrote that very badly lol I was tired. The restart is in 30min and i didn’t want to enter it. I even didn’t play either of the tickets I had to the main ticket sat. For one not the time and secondly 10bb start... Defo not my cup of tea lol, I see many I know playing and a few are in for as many as 5 bullets.... Literally 1 hand in or out entry not a bit of me
The tickets you have will stay valid for other games with the same value:)

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
For Helmuth of course it's an easy decision, for him $215.00 is nothing, even me in his place would call with a laugh.:ROFLMAO:
Poor Helmuth can't play though as an American ^^