You with AA, in the first leg of the Sunday Million 17th Anniversary.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You decided to play in this coveted Pokerstar tournament, and for that you paid $215.00 for entry to this spectacular tournament.

In the first hand of the tournament you get a nice pair of AA, what a dream, and you think now that I'm going to win a lot of chips, right in the first hand.

So you are the first to speak and you open that standard reise, 2.5bb, and to your surprise one of the eight players goes all-in, then you think this guy is crazy, but he might have been one of those who won entry in a satellite, here comes the question that won't shut up:

Do you call villain's all-in, risking your tournament on the first hand?:unsure:

PauPau

PauPau

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I will not fold AA pre-flop more so its Headsup. Because whenever i go for a direct buy-in i am sure can play full stacks.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would really struggle with this.
I would be so tempted but I think I'd rather go deeper into the game so I'd probably fold.
Difficult though.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
AA, a safe call is obvious, the rest will be a matter of luck but you can't hesitate to send all in with a pair of AA, how many more times will you have such a strong hand to be able to double your chips, I would risk it

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course you call you wanted some donkey to raise you all in your an 82% favorite to win. You double up now you can use your stack to go on a deep run and bully the table somewhat especially as the tournament goes on. Not sure if this is a rebuy tournament if so that is why you have a bankroll you rebuy if you take a bad beat.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You decided to play in this coveted Pokerstar tournament, and for that you paid $215.00 for entry to this spectacular tournament.

In the first hand of the tournament you get a nice pair of AA, what a dream, and you think now that I'm going to win a lot of chips, right in the first hand.

So you are the first to speak and you open that standard reise, 2.5bb, and to your surprise one of the eight players goes all-in, then you think this guy is crazy, but he might have been one of those who won entry in a satellite, here comes the question that won't shut up:

Do you call villain's all-in, risking your tournament on the first hand?:unsure:

OF COURSE! If you were to fold here in this spot I would advise to NEVER play in ANY tournament as you will be just burning money!!

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would really struggle with this.
I would be so tempted but I think I'd rather go deeper into the game so I'd probably fold.
Difficult though.

AA, a safe call is obvious, the rest will be a matter of luck but you can't hesitate to send all in with a pair of AA, how many more times will you have such a strong hand to be able to double your chips, I would risk it

Yes of course you call you wanted some donkey to raise you all in your an 82% favorite to win. You double up now you can use your stack to go on a deep run and bully the table somewhat especially as the tournament goes on. Not sure if this is a rebuy tournament if so that is why you have a bankroll you rebuy if you take a bad beat.

Call and kiss your $215 goodbye because it's a QQ and the board is going to be AJT98.
But let's agree that it's a difficult decision, and to make matters worse, you're that player who has a short bank roll and you dreamed that you had to play in this tournament.
Of course it's wrong, if you have a small bank roll you should never play such an expensive tournament, but it was your dream to play so what.
Tough situation, does your AA hold, and if the villain who went all-in has a JJ in his hand, could it be that today is JJ's day.:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would go all in, I still have 80% to win against my opponent, if I throw off AA first, then it makes sense to continue playing, the RNG will still do its job.

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
All in pre flop will give you only blinds which are small in the beginning
Raise 4 -5 time the pot and beg for rainbow flop with ace in it.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
You're a huge favorite to win in pre-flop and you should be winning with AA more than losing. I wouldn't pass on this opportunity, even if it's the first hand. In the end of the day you don't know when you get another opportunity to double your chips so easily. If you lose, well you lose.
I do know where you're coming from with the question however, if you believe in your poker skill, you should be able to build your stack with stealing blinds and strong play post flop, so naturally it's hard to just blindly go all in. If it was against 2 or even 3 opponents going all in, I'm not really sure if I'd be calling that all in.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
of course I would call and even if I lost what happens sometimes I wouldn't be upset and would safely leave the game but I have a good chance of winning so I would take a risk and think I would win

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But let's agree that it's a difficult decision, and to make matters worse, you're that player who has a short bank roll and you dreamed that you had to play in this tournament.
Of course it's wrong, if you have a small bank roll you should never play such an expensive tournament, but it was your dream to play so what.
Tough situation, does your AA hold, and if the villain who went all-in has a JJ in his hand, could it be that today is JJ's day.:unsure::ROFLMAO:
Let's not agree.
Seriously this is an extremely easy decision. IF you're not willing to call off here HU with AA, what hand will you call with?

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Seriously this is an extremely easy decision. IF you're not willing to call off here HU with AA, what hand will you call with?
It's not such an easy decision, of course I would probably call too, it's very difficult to fold AA preflop, especially if it's HU, but it's one of those situations where you close your eyes and pray to all that is holy.🙏😁

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
If I had higher bankroll I wouldn't think twice to all in

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You decided to play in this coveted Pokerstar tournament, and that's why you paid $215.00 to enter this spectacular tournament.

In the first leg of the tournament you get a beautiful pair of AA, what a dream, and now think that I will win a lot of chips, right in the first leg.

Then you're the first to speak and open that standard reise, 2.5bb, and to your surprise one of the eight players goes all-in, then you think this guy is crazy, but he may have been one of those who won entry to a satellite, the question that doesn't stop coming up:

Do you pay the villain's all-in, risking your tournament in the first leg? :uncertain:
I would definitely pay 😎

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think I could not fold the Aces. I'm sure I cannot be behind.

Of course I can also lose this hand, which is what happened to me with the Aces recently twice in a row:
Against QQ and 44 both AIPF. The Queens got a flush, the 4s got a set. :ROFLMAO:

Interestingly both were satties to the SM, and they prevented me from joining the tourney, so I don't even get to ask myself this question. :p

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

That’s a bitch of a situation but heads up folding is pretty much a definite no. Crushing if you lost

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Even with my bad luck with AA, I would risk it without fear

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Speaking of Sunday millions, anyone know what happens to tickets won into the final stage feeders if I intentionally don’t use them? It’s like 11.30pm, I’m looking to sleep in a sec and if I did play I wouldn’t be able to join till 3/4pm tomorrow.... That’s ridiculously late to enter and I wouldn’t want to auto enter.... Think reg is open for 19hrs plus. I’ll actually have 2 soon.. I didn’t realise the ticket won lead here. Ive not played a non bounty SM before, but reg’n close to start I feel day 2 isn’t my cup of tea. Avg Stack I said 80k at the mo with 530k largest. 👀 6hrs late reg

Attachments

• 2A7F419E-52BA-4A9F-B3DC-54DAA8746014.jpeg
    2A7F419E-52BA-4A9F-B3DC-54DAA8746014.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't... I mean, AA in a multi pot becomes much less attractive.
On the other hand, you have in mind that if you win the pot, you will be practically very well advanced in the championship.

But it's quite complicated... but we also shouldn't play with too much fear because we have bigger buy-ins than usual.

I would particularly fold and regret it (or not), lol