Why is it so hard for us to make the right fold sometimes?

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
1) greed - you always want to get rich quickly
2) gambling - you always hope that this time you will definitely succeed
3) ego - you want to show your opponent that you are tough and that he has no chance against you
4) suspicion - you don't want to be deceived by your opponent, suspecting that he is bluffing
5) laziness - you don't spend time learning, you don't improve your skills, you think you already know everything
6) fear of loss - you are afraid of losing the chips you have already put into the pot

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Folding is an essential part of poker strategy and is just as important as knowing when to bet or raise. you have to control your emotions at the table and don't always keep following bets waiting for the right card to show up or thinking that you could win with your not sure 100% hand.

G

Goalie35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Online micro-low stakes? Pretty simple most players need to see and hate the thought of the other player bluffing or pulling one over on them.

Idk if you can learn not to call or not. Depends on how play, your style and willpower in the end. After 20 years of building my game/style I play style that helps make decisions easier or for me as the hand progresses and one that keeps me outta tough spots in general. Don't get me wrong not bragging I'm no great player and still make bad calls/plays now and again. But generally with 20 years experience I know where I stand in majority of hands and if I'm way behind and need to fold.

Couple pieces of advice I'll give you don't be calling huge bets or all-in's on the river at micro-low stakes unless you have the nuts. These guy's huge river bets and all-ins aren't bluffs majority of the time. You're simply calling off your stack/money to lose it.
Also RARELY make bluffs. Majority of these guys are calling stations so bluffing is just pissing money away. I mean would you keep smashing you face into a concrete wall if you kept knocking yourself out doing that? Of course not. You'd stop smashing you face into that concrete wall. Same thing here.

Cheers!!!
Great advise! Now we just have to follow it!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'll tell you that no one can always give in the right way in a given situation. It's just that in this case, there are those who guess more times when to make the right pass; to guess more often, you need to practice the game. My advice if you want to learn how to play well is start with low game limits, try to play from the card, don't bluff for large sums, try different options and adapt to your opponents.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Because it is difficult to lose what we wrongly suppose that belongs to us.

Folding in Poker