Who is your favorite Poker Vlogger/Live-Streamer? (YouTube, Twitch, Podcasts, etc.)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jcarver since our news feed on him, but I like dutchboyd alot
and elky and his girlfriend are cool, they play poker or hearthsone.

M

MrMimble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've watched Jcarver for about a year now on twitch, it's amazing to see witness him becoming a topstreamer. Also Daniel Negreanu has begun streamig, he's actually really funny aswell.

I

irawesome911

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does watching twitch streams really help up your game level?
I fear, that being a casual player, I won't even catch up to some plays made by the pros.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch any kind of poker video on there to get tips and just to observe the player's behaviour, reactions and body language when and if they think they got the nuts (because I'm a poker addict and also like to watch people play)

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it can help your game to watch....if anything you can learn how other ppls styles of play in MTTs. i mean it cant hurt. there are a few ppl that i dont think play all that well but new ppl could be learning from their mistakes as well.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Moved this to Poker General to get more replies. We also have a collection of pro Twitch feeds here: https://www.cardschat.com/

Takes a minute to load all the channels, so be patient. :D

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I watch the Jaime Staples stream.But sometimes I watching some players which do not even know))))))))

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes ofcourse, when i want to relax from poker i go to twitch.tv. I watch a lot of games: poker(from top streamers to bottom streamers), League of Legends,..etc. Sometimes i watch new games which i never played before.

But if about poker players, i like to watch Daniel Negreanu stream. And unibet poker stream- to get password for tournament, but its interesting for me to watch unibet, because i play on it, there are some unibet PRO players- if you knock out him you can get 25 euro.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I watch Maria Ho & just recently finished 3rd on her monthly home game Leaderboard for March. She usually plays at least one HG every stream & has a $50 bounty on herself. Besides being beautiful she actually is nice not arrogant whatsoever. Unfortunately she doesn't talk too much about why she plays a hand.

I also watch Jason Somerville aka JCarver & he has taught me a lot about NOT being a #NitBitch. I always knew I was considered a very tight player, but when I started watching his stream over a year ago I had NO idea on how much it was limiting my win rate. Also he showed me where I was messing up with my raises. For example I don't need to raise 4x or 5x preflop if I have a strong hand, usually between a 2x-3x has the same effect. He really goes out of his way to talk about bet sizing & why he is playing a hand a certain way. He often discusses what he will do with his hand prior to the action getting to him & why he is taking that line of action.

I have without a doubt learned the most from JCarver's stream than anyone else's combined.

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also watch Jason Somerville aka JCarver & he has taught me a lot about NOT being a #NitBitch...

I agree with everything you say about Jason. Great entertainment and he explains in detail why he does what he does. And a robotic crow is a fine sidekick.

He recently joined a cash game of 2-7 Triple Draw with Chris Moneymaker at the table. Such a good laugh. All the better because Jason knows nothing about the game.

The only downside, and it's the same with many twitch streamers, is the music he plays. I'll put up with it for his stream but that will stop me watching anyone else.

vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch yes, it's always good to stay on the gameplay of professionals.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the twitch streams to be too long to watch. Now I know that you can just tune in and watch for a little bit, but I would rather just watch a much shorter show/video about someone talking about poker strategy then watch someone play for several hours where a good junk of the stream won't even be worth watching. I do think it is pretty cool though that there are players out there streaming themselves so people watching can see their hole cards and how they play.

lorres1991

lorres1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a sub to Dramatic Degen and Tonkaaaa. DD is cool because he is very interactive and laid back, Tonkaaaa is a high stakes crusher and is fun to watch for the gamble and adrenaline, but his chat gets so full you can barely get a word in these days.

The big guns of Twitch poker, namely Jaime Staples, Kevin Martin and Jason Somerville are all not my cup of tea. Jaime is nice, but plays similar games to the other guys at the top but without as much aggression, so less fun to watch imo. He is one of the nicest and most positive guys out there though, so if that's what you like in a stream, he's the one for you. Kevin Martin is also extremely positive and friendly, but plays lower stakes and is okay, but not great at poker. He is overall more focused on the lifestyle and being a reality show type character, which makes sense since he was on Big Brother canada. Jason Somerville plays 1 table at a time usually and is purely for entertainment, not poker content.

Other entertaining higher stakes players include Ruperte, CSWIDLER, JeffGrossPoker and ThePokerDevil. Out of those guys, CSWidler goes for the most entertainment factor, putting on crazy masks and yelling a bunch. If that insane energy isn't your thing, Jeff Gross has the positive energy but without as much insanity. Ruperte is rather quiet but informative, and PokerDevil is similar.

I also like watching OMFGLuckbox who is an up and coming streamer who does very generous freeroll tournaments for his viewers and plays all kinds of MTTs and Spins.

During European daytime, Buehlero and b0rnew0lf are my favorites for MTTs, and xflixx_TeamPokerStars who is a pokerstars pro from germany streams some interesting and informative Zoom cashgames.

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My internet does not cooperate too much, hehe, but when she's in a good mood, I watch the jcarverpoker is well kinda cool.

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lorres1991 hit the nail on the head! this is pretty much my same view on twitch. A channel we havent mentioned yet on twitch poker is called LATB or Live at the Bike. It broadcasts 3 times a week tuesday thru thursday with 2 cash games for high stakes with hole cards shown. the real gem though is the "pokersesh" that abe limon does on wednesday nights. he gets drunk and talks about poker news while taking live unscreened calls. if you get a chance you should watch this! be ready for cursing though ;)

P

PerformLAB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been watching it for Video Games for a while, but the replies in this thread make me want to check it out for poker now. I have never been a fan of watching poker, but I believe it could also greatly help my game. I guess I will need to jump on the band wagon and check this out.

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to watch many streamers. My favourite is Jamie staples, but jcarver is very good as well as tonkaaaaaap

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watched J Carver for a few hours last night. It was really good. He even mentioned my name a couple of times, which is a wee buzz. He played some Omaha, which he's just about as good as me at (sh**e) lol

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch a few poker players from time to time but mostly JCarver

D

Daidals

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been watching acoimbra his challange, unfortunately he wasnt playing a lot last month but there was a title - watch hearthstone play or something like that. Then I thought - hmm, What is that? Started to watch it, one day later i started to play it :D

Organize a Home Poker Game