What do you have open while playing poker?

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually the only thing I have open is the Daily Racing Form, an online news site and a beer.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Poker Co Pilot as my hud, Only to track players at my table usually and always have cardschat open in the backround lurking the forums. Sometimes i will throw on a Podcast but i find myself getting distracted by joe rogen/ kevin smith or the comedians/topics they hosts so havent been listening lately

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have an online game on, while I'm playing online poker. I find this helpful, because I can focus 100% on the game or poker. I find it easier to fold hands, when I am occupied. On the other end, when I have a massive hand, I am quickly able to devote all of my attention. I really have to be in a big hand. in order to give up online gaming. As far as programming, I really haven't used anything other than P.S. Cracked and Poker RNG. Poker RNG was the software to have. It would show 3/5 community cards, with very accurate results. I think odds calculators are almost useless online. It's not a live deal and the odds shouldn't be looked at similarly. In my opinion, the odds of hitting straights and flushes seem to be much higher online. I also find software useless because when the flop hits, I will automatically calculate my outs. It doesn't take longer than two seconds. I'm pretty good at playing the odds. In a game like Omaha 8, I don't calculate every single out. I would figure that out before knowing the exact percentages, though. If I'm going for a low, I'll have a very close idea of how many cards would make my low hand. In a game like Omaha 8, winning with half the deck is common. I play by feel and instinct, and obviously play the odds. I've lost more than I've won, but I'd rather miss a draw in Omaha 8, than bluff away a chip lead or money hand, in Hold 'em.