• Total voters
B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some sight allows HUD, it’s good to check for your leaks in your game. It’s good to check your table awareness vs actual stats.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't think using an HUD is cheating. You are going data on the players based on their hand history and the HUD helps you to remember information you would otherwise forget.

You cannot see the players' cards or do anything that would count as cheating from my perspective. I never thought of HUDs as unethical.

Tizjzume

Tizjzume

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I Don't think HUD'S are cheating but I do think there should be HUD'S only tables or a HUD symbol should be displayed on a table where one is in use, then someone can decide to play or not.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if the platform allows it then why not. everyone on the table would be using it anyways. fair game

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They should not be fraudulent as long as everyone has the option to use it, in the rooms some allow it and others do not, but I think that like in every sport everyone uses their weapons for war, and this is the same in poker, yes You want to be competent you have to prepare more.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I prefer without but it doesn't bother me

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's fair to recreational players!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The other thing to consider is that players with HUDs are usually the ones that catch the cheaters.

Its pretty easy to identify a bot ring if you have 15k hands on 10 players and they all have the same hud stats.

doubledribl

doubledribl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the ggpoker room's approach in this matter. Everyone is on equal terms, whether amateur or regular, there is a built-in one that everyone uses and in this regard everything looks fair

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i dont think its cheating

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion, no HUD and any other software or application or tool should WORK at all on any poker room, because I think they act as virus or trojan.
In order to run , all of those TOOL need that the poker room in question , open port and create link with the tool. Poker room should not at all cost let any software have access to their code. Im pretty sure that online poker room are 100% legit . But if third party App have access to hand history, at what else a good coder can have access ? Hud rely on the fact that poker room have port/door opened or else it cannot run.

Last edited:
Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
HUD need to spy on your computer in order to collect information . sound like a spyware in my opinion.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't think it's cheating. But at the same time i think a game should be played without any external help/program.

Sites who allow trackers would be softer and more beginner friendly if trackers would not be allowed imo.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't believe the use of a HUD is cheating or unethical I also think the use of an HUD very overrated. While I may have one running when I play on a site that allows it I really don't use it but what I do use is the tracking software so I can go back and review my hands and play after the tournament let's see if I played well or not.

The reason I think they are overrated it's too many people who use them may not really understand how to use some and when not to use them. I looked back at one of the top players I had and a game from CC a few years back. This person had a three bet to fold of 0. If you look at that note you don't necessarily want to forget them as they never fold. But here's the thing it only happened like three times. It doesn't mean they're always going to call you and your format it's just that the stack isn't as accurate as you would think. With only three times happening it's not enough to say it's a solid fair number. Then you need to look at other statistics like this three betting range or how often they do 3 bet. This person's 3 bet range wasn't one and when I looked at their stats of what hand they did three between the only time they ever 3 bet was with pocket aces. While some stats can be very helpful until you get 10s of thousands of hands on a player it many of the stats may not be as useful as you think. Ohh yes somebody who's grinding and playing professionally it would be helpful if they're that good they also know what Scotts mean less then they show until they get to a certain point. Looking back at a few of the games that were played there was one or two that stood out interesting to me. One tournament I won I had actually VIP 42% and my PRF was like 38. If you would not played me before and were with me most of the night I had almost 300 hands played looking at those stats you could say I'm at least the lag if not closing on manicle. Another tournament I went very deep in and won I had a VIP of 15. If he played me that day and you are didn't know who I was you would think I'm a total nit. I do agree this could be helpful to get an idea on players and yes once you get say 1000 hands on somebody you could start to say OK he's loose or he is tight but then again if the cards are running great 1000 hands isn't that many it's only the beginning of the information you get. Most players who use and HUD we'll find it helpful as I said looking at how you have played and the past.. But unless you are putting in a lot of volume I think the HUD could cause you more problems than help if you're not aware.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If only one player could use the HUD, it wouldn't be fair. But everyone can take advantage of it. Everything is fair. If you don't want to play with HUD, play on sites where they are prohibited. This is your choice.
Well said, everything is short and clear, I subscribe to every word.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gg has it built in...? but should it?

Its part of your skills. the computer shouldn't be assisting. You don't use a fork truck in a weight lifting competition?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't use it and I never have, I intend to continue not using it, I want to participate, play, win or lose within my capabilities, I like to test and be tested, bluff if that's the case, discover or detect a bluff and know that I accomplished my goals, what merits I will have, using HUD, how can I say I won using HUD, so it's up to each player to use it or not