• Total voters
ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would it be cheating to use hud if everyone can use it? I think it's normal to use hud makes it a lot easier for those who play on multiple screens simultaneously

B

burba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
To answer that question I think there's needs to get some basic information:
What information is presented by a HUD? - Can someone maybe post a screenshot of the information?
How is it working? Is it analyzing the screen or the IP traffic?
How should the poker platform detect that someone is using a HUD?

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A HUD can be used as a training tool for yourself. It can show you the holes in your game. I don't use one so there are a lot of holes in my game.

H

husky227

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's cheating - you can collect all those data on paper, but since we have such a possibilities, why don't use it. And some of the sites even give some of such the info without any HUD

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything that is legal is allowed!

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's only cheating if it is against the sites Terms.

Most sites allow some form of HUD, so if you're playing without one you're choosing to not optimise the information available to you. It is not cheating if someone else chooses to exercise that option.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Well, what do I say about this question?!. I personally don't use any HUD in any kind of Poker.
And I'm not against HUD, but I count, using any HUD, this is an unjust advantage. But this is only my private opinion!

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
It's totally valid, it's a tool that's there to improve your game and collect some data from your rival

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am against these player support tools, as they end up giving players an advantage beyond what is real.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't improve my game based on the villains' stats. But if everyone uses it, I see that I'm at a disadvantage, but I don't care.

Last edited:
V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not know what hud is, so I can not comment.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Or another way to look at it is you are only cheating yourself if you dont use it.
Oooorrrr, another way to look at it is you're doing yourself a disservice by using HUD. Why? Well, now you've just created a handicap for yourself, imo. :unsure:

L

LodBroke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CL
Chips
I like HUD. It's the best way to learn to play poker the right way. Know yourself, and review your hand history.
Do any of you guys know about a free one like open source or something?

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Technically its using a computer during a chess game..
You do not rely on your own skills and judgements.
Your using mechanical ( electronic) aid.

So yes it is cheating. The game was to be played, in person, without aids.

ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ARE TO JUSTIFIY THE ETHICALLY CORUPT .

i HAVE USED THEM....lol..... BUT stopped because i don't like paying for them.

GG poker has HUDs built in... so everyone has access.. so at least its even. But the concept or intentions of the game have been violated.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the main task of poker rooms is to provide fair competition at the tables for all players!!! If the use of HUD is not prohibited by the poker room, then it is not prohibited for all players playing in this poker room, and it’s a completely different matter that not everyone uses HUD statistics!!!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please don't think that my intent is to cast aspersions on any other member here on Cards Chat, or any players elsewhere.
Until a week or so ago I had no idea what a HUD is, and I got thinking about them and what they do.​

I think that using a HUD while playing online poker is at best unethical, though in my opinion it is probably cheating. One of the rules of poker is that every player plays their own hands, without advice or assistance from any outside source. A Hud is an outside source that gives a player statistics that it has compiled on other players. By doing so it seems to me the rule is being violated. Am I correct or am I missing something?

The HUD does not necessarily contain additional statistics collected on players anywhere outside of this table, or other tables in which the Hero has already encountered them. If you have played 100 hands at the table, then HUD will systematize this. Yes, to some extent this is of course a help; in many poker rooms this is completely prohibited. And of course, this is one of the reasons why people will lose to robots. Our memory is not so perfect, and constant mathematical calculations on each hand tire a person, but not a machine.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If sites allow it, then I dont see what the problem is. I personally have used them on and off, but sometimes the data can be over bearing and a distraction at times.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you play live poker , are you allowed at the table to use charts or mobile Apps or any programm to get help ?? I think not . I think it is not allowed . Why is it allowed online ? Huds give you tremendous help against opponents . Live you have to remember every opponent's style or weaknesses or tells or gameplay . Is it possible to remember everything ? No , it is not . But online all info for one player is saved , analysed , and you get all this analysis , his weaknesses , info about post flop gameplay etc etc . This is cheating , but it is allowed by poker rooms . So players like me that do not use huds clearly cannot win , especially if you take into consideration the other programmes that they also use legally or illegally . The only reason for me to play online is freerolls and maybe some low buy in games which i cannot find live . I cannot invest more money or time when I get cheated so badly .

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you play live poker , are you allowed at the table to use charts or mobile apps or any programm to get help ?? I think not . I think it is not allowed . Why is it allowed online ? Huds give you tremendous help against opponents . Live you have to remember every opponent's style or weaknesses or tells or gameplay . Is it possible to remember everything ? No , it is not . But online all info for one player is saved , analysed , and you get all this analysis , his weaknesses , info about post flop gameplay etc etc . This is cheating , but it is allowed by poker rooms . So players like me that do not use huds clearly cannot win , especially if you take into consideration the other programmes that they also use legally or illegally . The only reason for me to play online is freerolls and maybe some low buy in games which i cannot find live . I cannot invest more money or time when I get cheated so badly .
I can win without a HUD. You're only cheating yourself if you're wanting/hoping to win but not putting in the effort to make it happen.
To be a winning poker player takes work.
If you are sure the HUD of other players is a big reason you're not winning but are playing on sites that allow the use of a HUD... then why not get one and learn how to use it (but guess what, it takes lots of work to learn to use them effectively)

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is a controversial issue. The most important thing is that the conditions are equal for everyone...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it illegal to drive 70 mph on a road with a 70 mph speed limit, assuming no other traffic rules are broken? The obvious answer is "no", and it does not matter, if someone think, the speed limit should only be 60 mph or 50 mph. The question asked here is just as silly. If a site allow the use of third party software, whatever it is, then using it is not cheating. Simple as that :)

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If the site allows the use of the HUD, then it is not cheating.
I like to use it, I would be at a disadvantage in HyperHU and spin&go, since the majority use it.

If you don't like it, play on a site where it's not allowed.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
HUDs have been around for a very long time and are incredibly helpful when multi tabling. It's easy enough to track other players tendencies when only playing 1 table but it's impossible if you're playing 16 tables. I couldn't have done it without good software.

Even free chip apps often have a limited HUD showing 4 stats, most importantly how often a person raises. Just click on their icon and there it is.

In my limited experience playing freebee poker apps it's not much different than freerolls or low cash games (. 01/.02 cent) because they are all extremely lagtard. Obviously anyone raising over 8% is probably bluffing but you'll see people raising over 35% of the time in penny games. Use your skills, play Tag and stack em!