Truth or myth: Online cheat programmes

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard disagree with most people here, there is 100% going to be software like this out there. Any situation where there is the potential to cheat for gains, people will use it. We've seen evidence of real time GTO programs that tell players how to play at the tables and I have no doubt someone out there has done the same with revealing hole cards.

The pertinent question is how effective they are; given the inherent need for games to be fair combined with the infrastructure available to sites like Stars and Party I'm pretty confident anyone trying to use the malware is getting shut down pretty pronto lol.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker rooms have the responsibility to make sure this stays a myth...otherwise they loose credibility and customers.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard disagree with most people here, there is 100% going to be software like this out there. Any situation where there is the potential to cheat for gains, people will use it. We've seen evidence of real time GTO programs that tell players how to play at the tables and I have no doubt someone out there has done the same with revealing hole cards.

The pertinent question is how effective they are; given the inherent need for games to be fair combined with the infrastructure available to sites like Stars and Party I'm pretty confident anyone trying to use the malware is getting shut down pretty pronto lol.
Aa real time GTO is just a screen scraper or memory reading bot that uses an algorithm to make optimal plays with the information it has, making something like that is trivial for any programmer. However trying to say because that exists so the ability to magically flip over digital cards and look at them must also exist. The only way it can exist is if the card room employs programmers that are so incompetent I would be worried more about how they handled the RNG, payment portal, etc.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is likely because many bad hands pass at each table or maybe it is the chance that affects my game every day or in every game hahahaha

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't see other's cards but can cheat

I have seen several players online at BOL that play rubbish cards and always seem to hit runner runner or 3 running cards for a flush or straight. It seems to br across all games, tournaments, cash, and sit n gos, If not cheating how does one explain it?

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skylansky's fundamental theorem of poker; "Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see all their cards, they lose. Conversely, every time opponents play their hands differently from the way they would have if they could see all your cards, you gain; and every time they play their hands the same way they would have played if they could see all your cards, you lose."

In essence you can play perfect poker if you can see your opponent's hole cards.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Back many years ago, there was some kind of hack that went around that did that. So, yes there may be something out there again.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online sites invest too much money. in security to guarantee reliability, to allow intrusion events, they secure servers and algorithms with encryption the Armed Forces couldn't crack.

What you do see is competitive algorithms creating outcomes that seem strange, but sites do advise in the Terms about such effects.

Over time one can actually use this to your advantage, if you have a big stack for example/play large numbers of hands: the algorithm on certain sites rewards active and competitive play with amazing results(E.G. you will see a big stack rewarded with a win for a call with a house when three of a kind would have won, overcompensation).

/

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In what way do cheats draw cards? Then there are none. But who count the% of your open hands. That is, there are.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not concerned about online cheaters

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think The only one who can cheat in this case are poker rooms themselvs( but who knows is this true) i prefer to belive that rooms like poker stars earn more wnen everybody sure in this room, more players more rake money without cheating.. i think its impossible to hack poker rooms and too know other player cards, when the hands go so fast.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The existence of such a program implies hacking a poker room, I don’t think that this is possible in popular rooms, in some unknown, perhaps, who knows.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't doubt you read it and it has happened but don't feel seeing a guy play a bad starting hand and get lucky is evidence its happening. There are plenty of reasons to justify playing a 74 all in preflop. You might be super short stacked and just trying to make a play or just get lucky. You might be short stacked and calling allin cause you are frustrated and want to give up. You might have a huge stack and are just trying to put pressure on another player you think will fold to a bet. Plenty of plays in poker that have nothing to do with your holdings.

If you truly believe a player is cheating, make sure to keep track of all the hands they are playing, not just the ones every 60 minutes or so that they "donked" someone on. Then you can have those hands analyzed to see if there is something off, just like someone did to discover the Absolute poker God Mode cheat.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheating on line poker

No doubt it happens. Using several players coordinating at the same table, using a second computer to analyze data or game, "using a HUD ?" Messaging during the game in the chat in foreign language, using another messaging during the game... Low lifers will always try to find a cheat. How does party poker plan to level the playing field if not by altering the cards or game to disadvantage some players?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just hope it’s a myth that someone goes all-in with such strong hands, because next time I can’t call all-in with 7.2o. :D

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cheating programs are created by the same people who created the US voting machines.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a myth!
In general, poker rooms are well aware of all types of fraud and successfully fight against fraud. Although punishment by law is very rare, it is often possible to prevent fraudsters from taking possession of other people's money. If the poker room detects a fraudster, his account will be blocked forever, and all his funds will be confiscated.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth or myth

Online cheat programmes really do exist. I mean theres ads all over the internet. But why cheat and cheat yourself and the game. Cheaters are scum.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In myth a some correct parts and some parts are wrong. I think its nearly not possible to see the other cards or cheating in this way. Possible i think is that computer programs are existing which are play the perfect game or such a way that is profitable, especially on the low stakes. So the use the mathematics to generat a value from the newbie on the table. Some software helps player to find bad players or support during games with charts etc., many of these software is not allowed to use during the active game.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You only have to search the Internet for cheat programs and BOTs that play automatically for you to know they are real, If they were a myth then explain why poker sites ban them, and spend so much updating their software to protect players from them.
They even go as far as confiscating your bankroll and reimbursing players you have cheated and banning you from playing on their site again, and before you try and set up another Account with a different E-mail address, most sites are already ahead of you because E-mail addresses don't matter they go off your landline number.
That is one of the reason's I like pokerstars as they are well ahead of the game against these cheaters and scammers. also they still use a dedicated software system for game play and not a browser type of software that is open for scammers and cheat's.
If you don't believe me just do a bit of investigating on the Net and find the answers for yourself, I did!

When the fun Stops, STOP!