Truth or myth: Online cheat programmes

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure there are some ways it can be done, but i'm sure most of the major sites are tech that can prevent this sort of thing.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a world of high technology,everything is possible.I hope that these cheaters get banned from the poker rooms.

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are just fishes. And eventually they will hit a straight one of twenty times, but most of the cases they will be punished. I don't believe in such programs that you mentioned.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There are myths and legends, but with programming you can do that, what I don't think possible is that the poker rooms lend themselves to do it.

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard rumors that there is a cheat computer programme that online players use to play, enabling them to see other players hands, when you see some of the players go all in with 4 7 and they hit a straight or a ful, house it makes you wonder, any thoughts on this
A bug needs to be physically installed into your computer before that can be done.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard rumors that there is a cheat computer programme that online players use to play, enabling them to see other players hands, when you see some of the players go all in with 4 7 and they hit a straight or a ful, house it makes you wonder, any thoughts on this

Probably nonsense, they would have to access server side code. And then if the coders were smart they wouldn't allow the entire flop/turn/river to be predetermined, so the random card would only be generated after each betting round making it impossible to foresee the card. Theoretically if they can access your system they can view your screen? I think that would be extremely difficult to accomplish and would take a lot of time to gain access to just one persons machine.

One potential real cheating system are bot rings which collude with each other therefore knowing which cards aren't in the remaining deck.

Second possibility are very advanced bots that people payed a lot of money to research and develop that optimally adjust to other player stats.

Third possibility are house bots used by the poker sites themselves, since they put so much R&D into bot detection they probably also have the tools to make these bots (I guess it's possible for some sketchy lesser known poker rooms to do this though I've never actually heard of any cases of it).

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A program thAt Shows other peoples cards would have to hack the poker Rooms Server automagically.... If You had a program like this you would use it to hack a Bank instead of cheating some recreational poker Players Out of 100 Dollars....
And the US government would have used it to hack and shut down ACR....

O

okiepokerplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
implied indictment

You are claiming that not only can they see your hand, but somehow can manipulate the randomness of the online poker room's system to deal themselves a winning hand. You need to decide which the cheating program can do; in addition to having a bit more evidence than just this kind of speculation.

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Again truth or myth.

You are claiming that not only can they see your hand, but somehow can manipulate the randomness of the online poker room's system to deal themselves a winning hand. You need to decide which the cheating program can do; in addition to having a bit more evidence than just this kind of speculation.

This has created a lot of interest. I have played for many years on many different poker sites. Over those years I have seen many many players go all in not just at the start of games when a lot do for the fun of it but when the game has progressed. They appear to play hands that have no chance of winning but miraculously they hit and put out really strong hands which should have won. Now to me this is more than chance or luck on the turn or river as the hand should have been folded. Hence my original post truth or myth. As other people have responded and told that there was a scandal with one poker site. As there are very clever people in this world what’s to say it is still happening today. My computer knowledge is very limited due to my age but a whiz kid expert could make a lot of money before or if ever being found out. Also would the poker sites reveal if they had been scammed. If they did no one would feel safe to play. Makes you wonder. Keep a note of your table play and see how many really bad beats there are. Much much more than in live games. ???

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
truth or myth

i have been monitoring hands for a couple of weeks to add to the myth, sky poker, guy goes all in with pocket kings, most fold gets one call with 2, 10, diamonds, he was not low on chips and plenty of blinds and playing steady until then, he hits flush on flop, another sky poker, pocket jacks all in gets called by 2, 6 off suit and hits str8 on flop, i could go on and on with other sites, when these players are knocked out many chatting around table hence truth or myth do they really know whats coming

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a myth but the truth! But until that happens fortunately to fraudulent poker rooms! Most recently, this was on the Doha Poker! There gave mad deposit bonuses but super, users from all of the poker room won!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats the same question like Is Online Poker Rigged?

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
silly all ins all the time

have not put any messages for a while as quite inactive. But will again recall last message regarding silly all ins that win, just played cardschat monthly game on Pokestars, my hand a,4 hearts lost to 2 8 off suit who hit full house, i had 2 pair, if these are cheap programmes surely whoever sponsors the games should follow them and make sure that it close to a true game not a lottery as it appears to be.

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
silly all ins all the time

some my suggest that a 4 is not an all in hand but i feelit is alot better than 2 8. the post i put on months ago was do these players use cheats online to see wat is coming out oe else why would you play 2 8, which i would think the majority of players would fold when dealt unless they are in the blinds which this hand they were not.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't believe in this in the bigger and well known poker rooms. Poker rooms are too scared to lose their license. So think they check for this very tightly.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely there are various programs well I can program myself but, these servers can filter out bots and programs and I won't let them in already..that's in vain there is something cheating on her if she can't use it ..

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unequivocally a myth. It is impossible to see other people's cards. Then everything is calculated.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only ways this would be possible is
1. the client gets sent card information of other players outside of the showdown which can be read then displayed
2. user or somebody has administrative access and can see hole cards.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a myth, in well-known poker rooms the security system is very high since there is a lot of money spinning there

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A myth. Sure, there have been instances where cheating like this has occurred such as Mike Postle and Absolute Poker but once discovered the cheat has been blocked by security.