Truth or myth: Online cheat programmes

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard rumors that there is a cheat computer programme that online players use to play, enabling them to see other players hands, when you see some of the players go all in with 4 7 and they hit a straight or a ful, house it makes you wonder, any thoughts on this

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wonder as a lot of clever people out there, do any thing on a computer, i would like to think not but still wonder

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With huds its pretty easy to catch cheaters these days, the easiest way is to look for outliers and if you had some crazy high win rate it would stick out like a sore thumb.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe there are some real time gto programs which is terrible, but seeing the cards I don't believe.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All this nonsense. I myself had such situations when I moved AA with garbage cards.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Myth. There was a scandal years ago with Absolute Poker. People with access to the site were cheating by seeing others' cards.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is definitely a myth, I'm sure. Very competent programmers work in every poker room, and even if such a program exists, the programmers would instantly detect it and block the account. Once I forgot to close Equilab while playing at pokerstars, and immediately an alert came in the mail.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know theres lots of software out there, HUDs, AI and whatever, but I doubt theres anything that can reveal others cards.. I bet admins for the sites can do this, but as for software I say myth.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would think its a myth but I question all the time why some players call with bad hands yet somehow catch cards to bad beat others.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't believe that such a cheating computer programm does exist . Also superusers to do sth I don't find it possible . Superuser case in the past I remember one , he didn't have a programm , he was a online poker company employee , but they caught him . Nowadays they will catch you if you have results that are super above normal , like those of a superuser :)

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
silly all ins all the time

if there was a cheat, and you had it i think you would be careful and use it only when it was worth your while, not all the time so as not to be found out, or that if a cheat exists, i think i will start taking pictures of my bad beats with top pairs aces kings, queen , jacks and i get beaten by 2,6, 4,7, 2,5, as i think it happens more than it should

Chechiing

Chechiing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing others cards can definitely be useful. However, if you jam with 4-7 Pre just to crack AA you don't deserve this absolute cheating program 🤣. On a more serious note, I'm hoping for this to be a myth.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have heard rumors that there is a cheat computer programme that online players use to play, enabling them to see other players hands, when you see some of the players go all in with 4 7 and they hit a straight or a ful, house it makes you wonder, any thoughts on this

For your opponent to predict, that his 74 is going to make a straight or full house, he would need to know, what cards are coming. Knowing your cards is irrelevant, since it will not change his equity in the pot. He could try to bluff you, when you are weak, but since you called, that was presumably not the case.

So when people get their chips in bad and then get lucky, it is simply because, they are bad players or gamblers. There is nothing more to it, and nothing to think about or analyse. Just suck it up, reload and look to play the next hand or the next tournament.

That being said there have been cases in online poker of people knowing other players hole cards. The largest and most known is the Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet super user scandal in 2007-2008. There are also cases, where someone has installed spy software on the computers of their poker “friends” and cheated them this way.

If you want to know, how people actually play, when they know their opponents hole cards, there are hours of video on Youtube about Mike Postle. Watching some of that will teach you, what to look out for.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that huge poker rooms have a strong defence against cheat's like this...

The best thing to do it's to not waste time thinking on things we can't control

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Myth. Sort of.....there was once a recorded situation where a player/former employee was able to see others cards. I think it was Absolute poker.

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I believe that is a myth. It may feel like they have insight, but it is truly just a matter of variance coming into play.

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Myth. Sort of.....there was once a recorded situation where a player/former employee was able to see others cards. I think it was Absolute poker.

what was the outcome of the absolute poker scam, is he now working for an online poker site, working to prevent it happening again.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't heard such a cheat computer program. I read about a program that automatically plays poker for you. Nevertheless, I can imagine it exists, a hacker can do for themselves.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seriously doubt there is a program that reveals whole cards, but there are some smart crooks out there...