Time for the player to make a decision.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the most optimal? 15s, 30s, 60s or maybe something else? I prefer the shortest possible reflection time, up to 15s. I am irritated by situations when it comes to frequent, pointless delays in the game.

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to act quickly but I also seldom play on 4+ tables. I think all sites should reduce the time to act in order to combat all the RTA tools.

Disconnect protections need to be reworked entirely. They continue to be misused.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am irritated by the players who take forever to decide.I also would like the sites to reduce the time for making decisions.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If people taking their time to make decisions gets to you, then you need to work on your own mental game. Poker is a thinking game so you've got to allow players time to think.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If people taking their time to make decisions gets to you, then you need to work on your own mental game. Poker is a thinking game so you've got to allow players time to think.

These people who "think" more than 10 seconds what to do with their current hand should keep miles away from driving a car lol :bebored:

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your time is yours to use as you see fit. If you want to take the time and do some calculations for odds, etc then that is your right. If you are close to the money and short and want to delay to reach the money , then that is your right. If you slow play every hand and that pisses off other players and makes them play worse, then go for it. If you play multiple tables and are focusing on a more important table/hand which causes you to be slow on another table then that is your right. My point is (hopefully obvious by now) that your time is yours to use however you want. Everyone gets the same amount and can do the same things if they want.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who complain about the time others take to play still have a lot to learn about poker. Everyone is the owner of their time and if someone wants to take a minute to think about what they are going to do, they have every right in the world to do it. Whoever wants them to play at their own time should play alone.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there are instant chess, why not create instant poker.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These people who "think" more than 10 seconds what to do with their current hand should keep miles away from driving a car lol :bebored:

Remember some of these "people" (yes they are people, please remember , at the end of the day they are just like us, in fact, they are US ) Some of us are playing multiple tables, so the delay you "see" might be HERO taking his time bank to make a decision for his Tourney Life. Do not assume it is just tanking for the hell of it.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who complain about the time others take to play still have a lot to learn about poker. Everyone is the owner of their time and if someone wants to take a minute to think about what they are going to do, they have every right in the world to do it. Whoever wants them to play at their own time should play alone.

LOL Yes!! :p Each poker site has it's own rules for time bank and it is Not all that long. I understand live play and the ridiculous tanking BUT I have never had a real issue with online taking

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the most optimal? 15s, 30s, 60s or maybe something else? I prefer the shortest possible reflection time, up to 15s. I am irritated by situations when it comes to frequent, pointless delays in the game.

As I usually act fast, I prefer 15s. Most of the time finishes the tournament with some seconds, because we gain some with long time played. I just hate to wait to much, not only if the opponent lost conection.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everyone has the right to do anything with their allocated time, I also think for a very long time, since there are actually difficult decisions and you need to weigh everything "for" and "against"! If someone is annoyed when someone uses their allocated time, then he clearly needs to work on his endurance, if a person is uncomfortable with this then why do you sit down to play tournaments? If you're annoyed by such little things, then I think poker is not for you! I think poker is a game of weighted decisions and to make them, everyone needs different times! Nevertheless, everyone is allocated the same time, and everyone has the right to do whatever he wants with him! I wish everyone luck at the tables!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the PS should give time to make a decision. And the time should be from 30 seconds, so that the player has a choice of how much time to spend on making a decision. There are also players who play a lot of tournaments at the same time and 15 seconds to make a decision will not be enough for them.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me 30 seconds is best. It is true that most decisions can be taken for 15 seconds but everybody has different style of play and some players like to think more about every situation. Minute is too much for me.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Depends on the situation. Can be anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Yes, I am also one of the players who make quick decisions at the table, no more than 10 seconds.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 20 seconds for preflop and 1 minute as a time bank.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to not to delay the game too many times during a game, but, there are times when it's necessary to think about the pot odds and your current situation. Getting close to the bubble may be a time where it's strategic to stall. If you're online the software is only going to let you use these tactics for a limited time. Patience is the key to winning most games, so if you're tilting because somebody is tanking the clock, you may want to look at your own game.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

100% agree - plus not everybody thinks at the same rates. Some people can make decisions quickly, others need time. Plus, sometimes thinking quickly you may miss thinking through a possible scenario which might cost you money or chips.

That's a terrible analogy - there's no connection between making a poker decision and driving a car. With a car, you are dealing with known information. Poker is a game of incomplete information. As for decision making, just focus on yourself and not be pre-occupied with what other people are doing.

Also, Mansion Poker came up with a concept for lightning poker many years ago, and it didn't ever really take off. It was a gimmick that was good in concept but never really caught on.

If there are instant chess, why not create instant poker.

See above.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+60 seconds is better

Last edited:
magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to not to delay the game too many times during a game, but, there are times when it's necessary to think about the pot odds and your current situation. Getting close to the bubble may be a time where it's strategic to stall. If you're online the software is only going to let you use these tactics for a limited time. Patience is the key to winning most games, so if you're tilting because somebody is tanking the clock, you may want to look at your own game.

This is how I see it too. I try not to delay the game at all, and online is really good with the timers. Playing live if you take too much time every decision people are just not going to want to play with you or have a fun time. And keeping everyone having fun is a way to keep recs in the game splashing around.

Plus, IMO, there really aren't that many times when decisions should take longer than a minute or two in poker, and with live at least everyone understands that a lot of that is just posturing when you get caught.

Stalling out tournaments idk how I feel about, I get it to an extent and why it can be a good idea. But stalling out cash games... i don't really get.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Personally, I prefer the longer time.

Each time is designed for the type of game, if you like short times, play turbo or hyper tournaments.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A delay in time does not always mean a deliberately slow game, many people play several tournaments at the same time, some combine poker with something else, of course it is annoying, but everyone can use the time bank at any time.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you're the type of person to honk their horn .00001 second after the light turns green, aren't you?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
meh, people can use their time bank how they want. we're all given one to use, use it how you want. i will say that yes, someone purposely delaying a game is annoying but, i don't know if they're purposely doing it. so, i don't get upset over it.

i do note players who get pretty tilted over someone running their time clock and i have used it to my advantage before. i delaying a 3bet with kk against someone that was 'time bank tilted' and they 4bet snap-shoved into me. i wasted ~35 seconds to stack someone for about 45 bbs effective.