Time for the player to make a decision.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the most optimal? 15s, 30s, 60s or maybe something else? I prefer the shortest possible reflection time, up to 15s. I am irritated by situations when it comes to frequent, pointless delays in the game.

It is a game of patience. Getting irritated over an agreed time to respond is senseless. Some feel it is a strategy to wait, people multi-table and in certain situations, you need that time to evaluate the hand.

If it is that distracting, find the site with shortest time to call. Live tournaments have addressed that in different ways. Perhaps you can lobby for different approach for on-line.

N

Newman1122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the most optimal? 15s, 30s, 60s or maybe something else? I prefer the shortest possible reflection time, up to 15s. I am irritated by situations when it comes to frequent, pointless delays in the game.
I love a hyper tournament with quick decision making.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the optimal time for reflection and decision-making is 30 seconds. I usually play 3-4 tables at a time, so I need time to think about my actions and make decisions.

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thought process goes: Instantaneous preflop; Flop one second to double-check players in and stack; Turn, When it hits I know and river as well.
Now if theres a player that is all-in all the time, i will watch the clock tick every time he does it.

To think about the hand that was, i already forgot what i had before i get the next hand.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In my opinion, the optimal time for reflection and decision-making is 30 seconds. I usually play 3-4 tables at a time, so I need time to think about my actions and make decisions.

30 seconds is only optimal if you include timewasting ...

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think 20 seconds, then time bank activates is reasonable imo. I agree it can be not fun when people tank till the last second before their time banks kicks in, only to fold. Then keep doing this repeatedly every hand, but that is their choice to use all the time they are giving by the poker rooms.

I personally would like more time on betonline/sportsbetting. They only give you about 10 seconds or less it seems like.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker isn't about speed but about making the right decision. If you play in deep stacks tournaments you will always need time to make the right decisions since the game has a lots of variables. The fastest decision is always the worst. Good luck to you!

Spatriota

Spatriota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips

I also believe in 15 seconds less time and what is necessary. After a while they seem to believe that the computer will improve the cards and they run and waste their time. It's not chess and poker with caution and elegance then yes.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There is a need for time in this game, for making the decisions. All the situations are not the same, so you cannot put a time line for every case. I think the times provided are ok!

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the hand being played and the circumstances in which it must be decided.
it can be more or less

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good question! And start with the limited time and then, as the game progresses, more time is also added to the time bank. Is a decision closer to the final table, for example, more important than a decision closer to the start?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I believe that some moves are very complex for our brain and we have to digest the information given to decide our actions, I believe that 60 seconds is good size and with renewal in the breaks. Good luck :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is part of the game with the goal of throwing the player off balance.