mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
when the prize zone is close, it is normal to use the entire timebank... you play fewer hands, so fewer mistakes can be made, well, blinds and antes don't eat up the stack that much...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when the prize zone is close, it is normal to use the entire timebank... you play fewer hands, so fewer mistakes can be made, well, blinds and antes don't eat up the stack that much...
The main purpose of stalling near the bubble is not to avoid mistakes. The main purpose is to increase the chance, that players bust on other tables, before the situation might dictate, that you should risk your chips. Lets say 10 tables of 9 players are left, 81 places pay, and everyone has identical stacks. If action on 5 tables was now completely halted, until 9 people had busted from the other 5, this would be a tremendous advantage for people on the halted tables. The 36 surviving players from the 5 tables, that continued to play, would have a larger average stack. But chips are worth less after the bubble, so this would not compensate them for having a 20% risk of not chashing. And basically this is the advantage gained by stalling near the bubble.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I use time bank only for game strategy, but I don't abuse it. I usually like to play very fast and it's annoying when someone abuses for no reason