Thinking time in online poker

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it confusing for you when you play in an online MTT and each player waits for the maximum thinking time for each card dealt?
Hello, Gdefender! By my private opinion, Everyone may to play, as You want, if this not Breaking the Rules. I think, more better to concentrate
on own Game... Therefore I can to advise You only one: Patience, Patience, and else Patience, and etc... By my personal opinion again,
Patience is most of important Skill, as in Poker, so well and in our ordinary Life! Good Luck!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Poker is a strategy game. Thinking is allowed, recommended even! The time and time banks are not that long when multitabling as it is. Just play more tables if you find the action too slow.
Split second is actually enough time to determine what you are (not) going to do ... :unsure:
Anyone thinking longer than that must be indecisive individual who doesn't know what to do and/or is regularly going to overthink lol

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are valid reasons for using the Time Bank to it's fullest effect, one simple reason is that the Player already knows he has the "Nut's" and wants to get as much as possible from the other players involved, Dragging your feet and waiting for it to run down can give the impression that either the player is drawing to a hand and is undecisive about it, or just has no Idea what he is doing.
Whatever reason they do have, it is a tactic they have available, and if it works good luck to them, Personally I don't normally do it but I have done on occasion. Some sites give you the option of playing Normal Speed, Turbo Speed or even ultra Turbo that cuts down the thinking time as well as the blind structure, It really is just part of the game and I can tell you from experience some players take a hell of a lot longer to make up their minds in a Live game, I have had to call the "Clock" on some players in a Live event, when they seem to be taking too much time in making a decision.
This option is not available playing On-line but we all understand that there is a time bank for such instances where players are not willing to play faster, and when all is said and done "Patience" is a big part in playing Poker!

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Take away all-time banks online. And set the reaction time to about 10 seconds max.

If player use max time for first or second time hi can come back any time.

If player use max time 4-5 times in a row or use this very often, then hi can come back after some "waiting" or "blocking" time,
for example 10 hands. And if this max time expire again and again for one player, this "blocking" time become longer.

If some player have bad connection ALL the time, then hi can't really play that game anyway.

More action and more fun.

It's only one Suggestion how can this problem be dealt with.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I understand that some people don't want to time tell theirs decisions, but it's annoying.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is it confusing for you when you play in an online MTT and each player waits for the maximum thinking time for each card dealt?
Hi :)
If you want a fast game, then just play fast tournaments, where everything happens dynamically and very quickly. If you register in a tournament in which the blinds increase only every 10-15 minutes, then be prepared for the fact that your opponents will think for a long time and make their decisions.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Split second is actually enough time to determine what you are (not) going to do ... :unsure:
Anyone thinking longer than that must be indecisive individual who doesn't know what to do and/or is regularly going to overthink lol
Good luck in poker. Let us know how not thinking about spots goes for you! I dont think it's going to end well...

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can get annoying when someone is tanking on every decision, there are auto click buttons now as well so most people should be able to use these if it's an outright fold pre flop.

Obvs there are situations where this may come into play tactically like if you were on the bubble then tanking may get you in the money but to do it every decision is not necessary.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nah
Nah sometimes just looking at the game, if playing multiple tables trmember what's going on then how many chips they all got, what to bet, its only seconds! Patience man!

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find it annoying because I am playing another table most of the time, and these players are slowing me down.
It's not like we are playing the WPT in Final Table on TV .

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably best to concentrate on your own use of timebanks, rather than getting frustrated on how others use there time banks.

People most certainly do this, to target those that get triggered by it.
Others may genuinely need the time to think things out.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's normal to think a lot about a difficult decision or a very big pot, and generally many players wait the entire time bank close to the ITM.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am one player who has been told I take too long at times. Now don't get this wrong, 70% of the time it no decision but then other times I will think about how it is best to play the hand. 98% of the time my decision and action is less than 3 seconds.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most players use all their time just to get into the prizes, but there are those who do it constantly and deliberately, but I'm used to it and I just don't care. But I don't mind when players really think about their decision, sometimes I watch online tournaments at high limits and players have a timebank of 15 minutes or more and it often happens that they use it completely because they just think a lot

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Thinking time of other players is something I cant do anything about,I focus on things I can do something about.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, it doesn't bother me. I play from 2 to 6 tables at a time and I'm always very busy, so things like time bank usage by my opponents I just don't pay attention to, it goes unnoticed for me.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
not confusing just never sure if it's a tactic or they are busy doing something

H

Hyperma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ES
Chips
I can see how the maximum thinking time in online MTTs can be frustrating, especially when players take full advantage of it for every decision. It can slow down the game and disrupt the flow, making it less enjoyable for everyone.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
not confusing at all... but it does annoy the hell out of me from time to time. never ever ever would put me on tilt, but i got to think thats why some of these people that do it, do it because it might put some people on tilt.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players take a long time to take an action, but this could be for several reasons, either it is a very important and difficult hand or the player is on other screens simultaneously.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Not at all. I do the same thing and use my thinking time as much effective as possible. Some times delay of play from other players helps me a lot when tournament comes close to bubble.

H

Hyperma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ES
Chips
I can see how the maximum thinking time in online MTTs can be frustrating, especially when players take full advantage of it for every decision. It can slow down the game and disrupt the flow, making it less enjoyable for everyone.
Some players may use this tactic strategically to keep their opponents on edge or to think through complex situations. However, excessive thinking time can also be seen as a form of stalling, which is generally frowned upon in the poker community.
If you're looking for ways to improve the pace of the game, you might find this article at https://pafipdkaltara.org/ helpful. It's always a balance between taking enough time to make the right decision and keeping the game moving smoothly.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If a poker player delays time, it means he is pursuing some goal in the game, something that is allowed by the rules cannot be canceled by embarrassment or indignation.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The slow play may be annoying, but also a salvation 😅 I just use it in those freebuys, just to avoid paying for several rebuys. Once the rebuys period is closed, I play normally.
I barely use it in other type of games.