Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Is it confusing for you when you play in an online MTT and each player waits for the maximum thinking time for each card dealt?

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it confusing for you when you play in an online MTT and each player waits for the maximum thinking time for each card dealt?
It could be for several different reasons.
They could have a slow internet connection.
They could be inputting information into a solver and are slow reading the info it gives them.
Some people do it to try and put people on tilt.
They could be trying to sneak into the money near the bubble.

What you can do is open another table for a cash game, and play it while they are dragging every hand, which will keep your focus off waiting every street.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very rare that all the players use all their time bank for each hand, usually is only a few players and mostly when it's close to the prize money. If it's close to the prize money, I understand and most of the times I do the same..lol

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Don't even get me started on that. I hate that. The time bank should be used in difficult decisions but I do not accept this at first levels and players who take time believe that they do this on purpose. It shouldn't be but it really irritates me.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A typical play of an important hand in a live tournament takes a few minutes. Quite often such a distribution can last for a quarter of an hour.It's safe to say that decision-making in poker can't just be based on your cards.A good hand does not necessarily mean a good win. A better player with mediocre cards can outsmart a great hand. To make a good move, you need to look not only at the cards, but also think about the situation and other players.I think 30 seconds is enough to make a decision.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think many people in online poker don't understand why they do it like this, and I think it's cool because they do it in offline games, after which they repeat after watching such offline tournaments not realizing that they are in an online tournament or playing on many tables and don't have time. This also happens, but rarely at low limits for sure

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take away all-time banks online. And set the reaction time to about 5 seconds max.

More action and more fun.
LOL. On a more serious note if people feel, the action is to slow, maybe they should move to more short handed and/or faster formats. Typically the reaction time is shorter in a turbo and even shorter in a hyperturbo. And the less people at the table, the less people have to make a preflop decision, and the more often you can get involved without bleeding EV. Or people can just learn to multitable. One of the main advantages of online poker is, that its completely up to you, how fast or slow you want the action to be :)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker is a strategy game. Thinking is allowed, recommended even! The time and time banks are not that long when multitabling as it is. Just play more tables if you find the action too slow.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely not confusing. I mainly play 4 tables at a time and I always have something to do. So if you are bored or worried, due to the use of extra time by your opponents, you can just open one new table at a time until you just don't have time to worry or be confused :)

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I agree, some stupid players do this when a push comes at them. They foolishly think that this will make their opponents push them less often.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
LOL. On a more serious note if people feel, the action is to slow, maybe they should move to more short handed and/or faster formats. Typically the reaction time is shorter in a turbo and even shorter in a hyperturbo. And the less people at the table, the less people have to make a preflop decision, and the more often you can get involved without bleeding EV. Or people can just learn to multitable. One of the main advantages of online poker is, that its completely up to you, how fast or slow you want the action to be :)
I want it because players make many more mistakes when they haven't the time to think things through or lock at a chart or check their poker tracker or ask an RTA or ask their team member or... You get the picture.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi! ✋

Sometimes when a player uses his whole time bank in a post-flop decision that can bring my attention. In my experience he's in the top or bottom of his range (he has a really strong hand or nothing at all).

I myself sometimes use my whole time bank to purposely mislead my opponents in a big pot post-flop. I get that that may tilt some people but the timebank is there so what's the problem of using it..? :unsure:
And I find it smart to use your time bank near the bubble if you have -15bb. This little time can be the difference between getting ITM or not.
I always use every second I have in my time bank if I'm shoving pre-flop in the bubble.

Hope my thoughts helped.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Before reaching the paid places (bubble), in my opinion, delaying with thinking time is not prohibited and can be used, since it is one of the most delicate stages of the tourney. But from the beginning I don't think it would make sense unless that player wants to pull its opponents up with intended purpose.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want it because players make many more mistakes when they haven't the time to think things through or lock at a chart or check their poker tracker or ask an RTA or ask their team member or... You get the picture.
Sure but there has to be a balance to this. If to little time is given to players, then people multitabling would be much more prone to accidentally time out and have their hands folded. And some recreational players might give up the game entirely, because they dont like to be forced to make difficult decision in a few seconds.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not so confusing , i think like most of us, we play multiple games at a time , and that is probably the reason

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Confusing no, ... frustrating, annoying and a complete waste of my time yes. I don't want to sit and wait the max time every hand while other tables are playing more hands and moving their chips stacks up meanwhile we're playing far less hands twiddling our thumbs waiting max every hand....., on the bubble fine, internets fades out sometimes fine but if they are playing too many tables to keep up maybe they should show some consideration and cut a table, if anyone needs max time every hand for even the simplest decision something is very wrong, go play live and see what happens with that lol. Probably why I play far more cash tables than tourneys, Time is money👍

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are many players who do this. If there was a legitimate decision to make, I would try it. But many do it all hands and that doesn't make sense to me. But everyone plays in their own way I guess so I accept it.