D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Racism everywhere and in online poker is no different.

Yes. Its just really odd when some posters have said yes, racism exists within online poker and have actually given specifics yet others simply declare the problem does not exist.

That is why racism still persists in the wider, real world context. Many simply refuse to believe it is real, do not want to think about what this actually says about society.

There are at least two threads on this very forum ('Community Hangout') where contentious issues are raised and several far right posters find themselves getting warned/reined in and at times have posts deleted for the opinions they spout.

That's on this very forum. But apparently, online racism within poker is non-existent

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We can't close our eyes there is racism everywhere. I remember once in the early days of online poker there was a site ( but I don't remember the name ) that gave us the chance to choose our avatar in black or white, but all day long the conversation was why not red of yellow..... At the end of the day they withdraw that options and a few weeks later the site closed.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RACISM IS EVERYWHERE

Yes i see it all the time in the games. I know ppl always talking smack and i kind of like it. Then theres the racial stereo types being put in the chat logs. I for one understand but i dont like it one bit. THERE IS RACISM EVERYWHERE

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you say that a race of the players is not known, you have the entire race, by the race term, it would be more like skin color or by country that is where their most serious identification comes from, also from understanding that many of the people I still understand skin color directions as racism, that's why I put that name on the subject.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is a simple and easy way of dealing with people who post Racist or abusive chat in on-line poker games, close the chat window and ignore them.

JOB DONE!!!

Some do it on purpose to provoke you, so you go on "Tilt"

Just take a deep breathe and concentrate on the game.

W

wildjoker68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism

Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.

This is one of the most stupid topics to ever be brought back from the dead. there is really no such thing as racism, just a bunch of ignorant people. we are all one race, that's the human race. that it".

Nothing more..

TV has done this, the fake news, and all the media is owned by the same people. and controlled by the CIA, (MK-Ultra)

Obama was the worse thing to ever happen to our country, was he black?

Hell NO"

He was half white, and did some god awful things to our country here in America, in fact there wasn't a bunch of talk about racism until he took office,

but all Presidents, are pretty much only speech givers anyway,

the real power is the ones in the shadows. the house of representatives. the same people who have been controlling things for yrs. upon yrs. look into that!!.

Do you think for one minute, that they really stopped MK-Ultra?

They didn't stop it". nor did they ever really do away with slavery.

they didn't free the Blacks, they really just enslaved us all.

Trump didn't come up with the wall idea, he was told to take the credit for it. they don't want to keep people out, they are wanting us all walled in".

Ever heard of the Georgia guide stones? Take a moment to google it".
The new world order's ten commandments.

They want the population down to just 500 million people. they have caves, or should I say, cities under ground, with trains underground that run all across the country.

as soon as they get us all against each other, then they will go down into their caves and nuke us all.

Black people say, they can't get a job because they are black, but everyone is having a hard time with employment. when Clinton screwed us over with the NAFTA, what do you think was going to happen?

ever see a pair of USA made shoes in your town? good luck finding a pair that is not made in china.

I swear it's idiocracy .

the media is turning ignorant people into a huge super cult, and people are to stupid to see that they are drinking the kool aid.

If a black man gets out of prison, and breaks the law, resisting the police, and takes a cops taser, then starts hitting the cops with, then the police shoot and kill him, I say good. glad that idiot is dead".

Not because he's black, but because he was stupid". I would feel the same way if it was my child". if my kid did that, I could put a bullet in his head over that".

some lines should not be crossed. and if we do away with all police departments, what in the hell do you think is going to become of our country? who will be controlling everything? will it be...

1. street thugs?
2. gangs
3. cartel
4.mafia
5. national guard.

or 6. all the above?

I'm going with 6..all the above.

everyone is on dope these days, but people are just to ignorant, or to stupid to look up what's in their foods. if you're high all the time, your high becomes your norm, and you don't even realize it.

Time for people to wake up, and teach others how to wake up.
a sleeping Nation, is a defeated Nation..

I hope this opens somebody's eyes, and they wake up, and wake up others too.:icon_stud

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny you bring this up, I just encountered this last night in an ITOPS game when one player lost a hand and called the guy that beat him the "N" word and told him that he needed his "face stomped in". I promptly reported him to support and hope his acct is banned. Now who knows if the guy that beat the racist chatter was african american or not, who knows, we don't need that type of talk in online poker either way.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is racism in online poker. I've been called 'N-word' monkey and everything under the child of God during an online poker tournament. When I played on PokerStars I used to have an actual picture of myself as an avatar and when someone suggested I take it down I did. But that didn't stop the racial slurs. One time in particular I was playing a sit-and-go and I handed someone a bad beat. Then someone asks the villain, what happened to his chips? Their response was 'I would have a lot more but that monkey took him from me'. The villain was eliminated from the tournament but continued to call me 'monkey' until I was eliminated on the final table.

PokerStars was not the only site I was called 'N-word' or 'monkey'. It also occurred numerous times on Ultimate. I remember one time, in particular, someone else received a bad beat from me and they called me the 'N-word' but they were very creative in doing so - rather than use the full word which will be blocked out or filtered, they use a series of letters and numbers, but you get the meaning of it though.

The player from the PokerStars incident had their chat taken away for 10 days but I don't feel that punishment is sufficient. You take away their chat and when chat is restored, it comes back much worse.

I think that if you use a racial slur you should be banned from playing on that site for at least a month if not forever! There's no place for this level of anger and racism.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO

I don't think so, and the truth is I still don't understand how racism exists in 2020, when it has created so many difficulties in society:(

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is racism in online poker. I've been called 'N-word' monkey and everything under the child of God during an online poker tournament. When I played on PokerStars I used to have an actual picture of myself as an avatar and when someone suggested I take it down I did. But that didn't stop the racial slurs. One time in particular I was playing a sit-and-go and I handed someone a bad beat. Then someone asks the villain, what happened to his chips? Their response was 'I would have a lot more but that monkey took him from me'. The villain was eliminated from the tournament but continued to call me 'monkey' until I was eliminated on the final table.

PokerStars was not the only site I was called 'N-word' or 'monkey'. It also occurred numerous times on Ultimate. I remember one time, in particular, someone else received a bad beat from me and they called me the 'N-word' but they were very creative in doing so - rather than use the full word which will be blocked out or filtered, they use a series of letters and numbers, but you get the meaning of it though.

The player from the PokerStars incident had their chat taken away for 10 days but I don't feel that punishment is sufficient. You take away their chat and when chat is restored, it comes back much worse.

I think that if you use a racial slur you should be banned from playing on that site for at least a month if not forever! There's no place for this level of anger and racism.

I hear you. As I noted in an above post, I used to regularly run into an astonishingly offensive couple who would play cash games. They would sit down and instantly begin offensive tirades against anyone, everyone.

They would be reported/moderated and one believed get banned...only to show up again a few weeks later. Rinse and repeat. As far as I know they still show up sporadically.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the biggest problem

That's the biggest problem is right there what you speak of. Someone uses either offencive or racial type language they get suspended or something only do wheel outback on the table they need to address it in a better way someone has suggested to me one of the ways will be to actually screenshot the offencive language and not send it to the public so I could send to the sponsors maybe find out who the sponsors are and send it to them and ask them do you support this type of activity while sufficient punishment being done.

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is tuuf, is bad, is crime in my country, but exist a lot, not just on online poker, but in online games and i have to say that the people of argentina are the worses!!!

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

my god we are in 2020 it seems to me a human shame. racists put once and for all in their heads that we are all equal flesh and blood racism never ever inside poker and outside also please

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about racism, but insults towards players can fly. Especially if someone lost a large sum. I even saw the kid insult the poker room itself.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All one can do is make life a little more like heaven in your own part of this world.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think so , but when somebody lost all his chips he can say , whrite anything.

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i looking every day this situation, Brazilian and Canadian very happy and go all in with any card 72 or 79 and win you, but you have AK or AA or KK, this random or his very lucky? or this bots play with you?

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly Canadians are very rude on PS :(

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never go beyond an insult or a complaint about some rare or high payment, I hope it never happens it would be sad for everyone ..

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mostly Canadians are very rude on PS :(

I find 'rudeness' from all nations on pokerstars. No one can stop the 'keyboard warriors'...somehow this behaviour makes them feel better? At least, till their next target.

Racism is real and unfortunately, some people just don't know how to be adults or to just want to get along! There is a lot of anger online and one way to begin to stop the racism is to step up and report it. Maybe in time, the punishments will be harsher but only if we step up and make that recommendation. I know it sounds simple enough but in reality, it is not since so many people just let it slide. If we want to combat this, we all need to take part even with online poker!

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find 'rudeness' from all nations on PokerStars. No one can stop the 'keyboard warriors'...somehow this behaviour makes them feel better? At least, till their next target.

Racism is real and unfortunately, some people just don't know how to be adults or to just want to get along! There is a lot of anger online and one way to begin to stop the racism is to step up and report it. Maybe in time, the punishments will be harsher but only if we step up and make that recommendation. I know it sounds simple enough but in reality, it is not since so many people just let it slide. If we want to combat this, we all need to take part even with online poker!

I value your comment very much, that would be very wonderful, it is a very good idea, it should be denounced, because you can end up being equal to them for insults and offenses, that has happened to me a lot when they offend me, I try to respond in the same way and I have to stop that not a good thing in not playing along.

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never stop seeing something like this, anyway racism is something that offers no advantage or disadvantage in the game itself

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still do not see, but there may be racism, hopefully not

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never encountered such incidents on online poker

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please stop, this is enough. This whole racism thing turned into some kind of paranoia. How is it even possible to come up with an idea of "racism in online poker"? This sh**t is getting out of control.