There is racism in online poker

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@admin please block this thread. It's a poker space not a politician field.

D

DotZine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.

I think you mean something different than racism, nonetheless I haven't seen instances of either.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@admin please block this thread. It's a poker space not a politician field.

CardsChat is always open to express viewpoints without name-calling or spreading/spewing hate. We have created a 'Community Hangout' section to talk about things that are not poker related. Therefore, this thread will not be closed.

Have you happened to join in with any other 'Community Hangout' discussions? If not, you might find some that are more suited to what you would like. Simply click the 'Forum' tab near the top left and scroll down the page till you see 'Community Hangout'.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
racism

I think there are for sure some narrow minded self centered ignorant people playing online which often make racial comments. For example sat at a table in a CC freeroll who was completely out of line with their comments and saying things that when they read that a certain member of a particular race had died he laughed. Was sickening to sit there and see their comments using the slang names for this race & other races.

What the hell is wrong with people these days and how can they be so narrow minded?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think there are for sure some narrow minded self centered ignorant people playing online which often make racial comments. For example sat at a table in a CC freeroll who was completely out of line with their comments and saying things that when they read that a certain member of a particular race had died he laughed. Was sickening to sit there and see their comments using the slang names for this race & other races.

What the hell is wrong with people these days and how can they be so narrow minded?

If you see this kind of behaviour occurring during any of our freerolls or events, take a screenshot and forward your findings to a moderator or guide. CardsChat has a zero tolerance approach to this behaviour.

(taken from our Rules and FAQ)

We expect members to be respectful of one another. Rude, abusive, insulting behavior or language will not be tolerated on the forum. Personal attacks on other members, inflammatory posts and hate speech will not be tolerated. This rule extends to CardsChat private games and events.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker is true that players cannot see faces and only write what they feel at the moment of the game when everything goes very wrong, this thread was written to try to create more consciences in poker players, also put this topic from my own personal experience insults, insults and more insults that have hurt me personally But if this thread is not in the right place, that is what the cardchat authorities decide.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, I think this thread is fine because this sub-forum is online poker. The subject of the post relates to the forum whether people like it or not.

I appreciate the fact the matter was raised, I appreciate those who have related ther history with being abused and seeing others abused.

The odd thing (well revealing thing) is quite a few have dropped by to dismiss the idea, which actually speaks volumes. It is as though some do not even want the matter recognized let alone discussed.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I think this thread is fine because this sub-forum is online poker. The subject of the post relates to the forum whether people like it or not.

I appreciate the fact the matter was raised, I appreciate those who have related ther history with being abused and seeing others abused.

The odd thing (well revealing thing) is quite a few have dropped by to dismiss the idea, which actually speaks volumes. It is as though some do not even want the matter recognized let alone discussed.

I must thank you for your comments, which are very accurate and accepted by me, since I myself have suffered these abuses in poker, so I dared to put this publication on the forum.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Only one time after I took a huge stack from a player online he called me the N word .... just added to the satisfaction of putting him or her out

I can sure relate to this ^

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I too have had this happen on a table. It is disturbing for sure :(
I took screenshots of it too.

S

shebandowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to admit i have used racist comments in anger, and even to rattle other players. I was brought up better but my desire to win sometimes makes me behave poorly.

xFlyVOx

xFlyVOx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, never seen any racist comments. People don't even talk to each other on the tables I'm in

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several days ago he was playing a free tournament and I met someone at the table who started verbally attacking him for being from Ecuador, even saying that the Indians don't know how to play poker. I am very upset but I am passive, so I decided to ignore it but it seems to me that there are people like that

J

Jackmagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not racist...I hate all you bad beaters the same

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rascism

Ppl tend to ignore the racism. nobody wants to be labeled as racist. There is many times i see it go unchallenged or ignored. to stop it we need to stop ignoring the problem it wont just go away

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ppl tend to ignore the racism. nobody wants to be labeled as racist. There is many times i see it go unchallenged or ignored. to stop it we need to stop ignoring the problem it wont just go away

When people ignore something it is for fear of that saying (what you fear most is your own reflection) they do not want to reflect their true darkness.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several days ago he was playing a free tournament and I met someone at the table who started verbally attacking him for being from Ecuador, even saying that the Indians don't know how to play poker. I am very upset but I am passive, so I decided to ignore it but it seems to me that there are people like that

Thank you for being brave and placing that comment to attack the abusers in poker, we all have the right to everything just for seeing born on planet earth

O

OnitheCroc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bullying

I've not encountered racism but there is plenty of bullying in the chat boxes which i just tend to keep closed

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can see racism only on bad beats lol and has nothing to do with country we came from.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Racism you said Racism just bad players from other countries playing bad cards that why we call them donks

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for being brave and making that comment to attack the abusers in poker, we all have the right to everything to see being born on planet earth
It seems that many people do not appreciate the value of being human and feel superior