• Total voters
cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The conversation in chat on one table distracts, but on two or more tables - even more distracting. And to be honest, I actually turned off my chat, a lot of insults in the chat. Chat sometimes include in home games on CardsChat PorerStars, to write a reductions - LOL, NH, TY, Zzzzz :D:D:D .

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that talking during the game can affect the outcome of the game. There is another, when the opponent tries to talk with you to determine which card you have. Very often I notice that the player at the time of the game is silent, and when he does not participate in the game, it is very sociable!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In online poker I have no time to talk because I play 4-3 table Spin&Go all attention to the game .Only in rare cases when one-on-one at the table

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it depends. It depends on how many tables i play, how my mood is. Sometimes I chat and answer and sometimes I am just silent. And it also depends how polite the talking is. I am not in mood to talk to people, who are just trolling at the tables. It really differs for me. But well, i am open to talk, if it is interesting and polite.

L

Lopeszilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if ur good enough, or say the right thing, u can get a lot of info from others players

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChatBox brings more fun ,but I can also play without it ;)

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The chatbox was interesting to me, until I realized that it affects my game :(

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At worst the chatbox can provide some mild amusement. Occasionally I get some AH making a twat of themselves .. but I even find this slightly amusing (but would be happier without it).
So, I keep the chat on just for reading. I find it too distracting to do any typing other than gg, ty, nh.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm finding people talk more on freerolls than real cash games. Even when i say nh, noone responds. It's sad really.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't use the chat, just if asked about something.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have time to talk in chatbox, I'm concentrate on the game.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Occasionally, I meet someone I know or have known on the chat line.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the chat nothing useful to write

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a lot of players are playing multiple tables at the same time, a little too busy watching them to spend time typing. I don't really talk, mainly comment if someone has played a hand well or really fishy. On 888 I freely use the throwing animation however. quite fun and speaks volumes.

Indeed, if you play multi-table, you don't have time to chat.
I actually like to chat, so I find it a bit sad if nobody talks at the table.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to speak, if I am see a regular player I greet him. Someone else I comment him a very good hand obtained, but speak for speaking. I'd rather play my poker in silence.

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think that the idea of the chatbox is great. I always appreciate when someone says "nh", even something so simple takes the whole online poker experience to a level that's just slightly less impersonal.

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are all different! Who then likes to communicate, to whom it does not. Maybe someone watches the video during the game and does not want to be distracted by the chat! I always talk if I meet a member of our club in a tournament away from the club. And not only with our guys, I conduct a dialogue, I'm interested in communicating with people from other countries.

D

danielbalaci

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No talking if you pay attention to the game or talk if you are relaxed.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people are closed chat
I open the section info

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use animation if it is present in the chat. It's quick and easy. I do not know English well and I do not have time for translation when I play. But sometimes I do it.

J

jkishi01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk

I definitely talk in the chat box. It is a great way to connect with the other players.

Farmz

Farmz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's not forget that for some there will be a language barrier. And if your playing Mtt then you get moved around too.

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to talk because I'm always doing other things, like watching t.v or making homework. However even if I play without distractions I don't like to talk usually, I do that when I'm playing with friends not people I don't know.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only talk if im in the mood or if i see something happen that warrants me to talk i would but other than that i dont think it is a necessity to talk in the chat box, its an optional thing and it would vary base on the individual

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly i talk too much in chat sometime, than i should and i'm aware it's kind of distraction from poker game then. But on other hand chatting is fun and poker game should make fun.