Are streamers playing on twitch a good example of a poker game?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
they themselves say that they work on the poker site, or it is a possible unfair advertisement to attract new players

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
they work for poker sites and poker funds and yes, this is to attract new players. I can’t understand why one should exclude the other?
I watch some streamers, one plays well, the other gets a bad beat and tilts funny. But in general, by watching them play you can learn to play better

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
they themselves say that they work on the poker site, or it is a possible unfair advertisement to attract new players
What would be unfair about it?

The majority of online poker streamers are not sponsored by a poker site & the ones that are, of course they're going to promote the site that they work for. How would this make it an unfair advertisement (what.. because they can win.. so can you? fwiw, many have played poker for a dozen or more years AND.. many of them are not profitable players).

Just like in anything >> it depends! There is a HUGE variation from one player to the next - - some are average, some are not good, some are excellent!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
pokerstars do Sponsor Streamers to play Poker on-line, But 1st you have to prove that you are a competent player before they will sponsor you, They don't Sponsor Loser's that never win because that would not help their business in any form.
The rewards they get might not come in a pay Packet, but the certainly would get Tournament Seats in some prestigious Tournaments, among other things like Free tickets to certain games on-line and Free Merchant Gear etc.
But I don't for one minute believe that the games they play are in any way "Rigged" in their favour In fact I have played in some of their home Games and beaten them in some hands and made the money bubble while they were Knocked out of their own Home games long before the Bubble.
Team Pro Players have worked hard promoting certain sites Long before they are noticed and gain Sponsorship, and They probably wouldn't Sponsor someone who was always swearing or cursing other Players just because they lose a game or two.
PokerStars want Ambassadors for the game that show Poker in a good light and just by their actions On-line, Promote the game to new players.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

Pokerpoet2

but friend you said that you beat streamer players, I think it's a trap to lure new poker players

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips

Pokerpoet2

but friend you said that you beat streamer players, I think it's a trap to lure new poker players
It seems like You didn’t understand anything. Streamers are usually ALREADY strong players. It is not profitable for sites to cheat, because... if this is proven, the site will go bankrupt

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think streamers are a good example. But not all of them, there are those who play with cold calculation, and there are also those who play cheerfully. To each his own

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Pokerpoet2

but friend you said that you beat streamer players,
And why wouldn't he be able to beat a streaming player? Dude... it's poker! Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.... BUT over the longer run, the better play will inevitably win out (but how long will that long run be... can be a very good question 'it depends', lol).

Is everything a conspiracy? Everything a scam?

Why not try taking a different approach to the game? ie. investing some time to learn how to get better at the game.

Believe it or not, some of us might actually even know some of the poker streamers... and some of us might even be streaming ourselves. There is no unfair advantage given to a streamer.

luckyfish98 you might just be the biggest troll that ever existed. If so, 'gg' & of course 'well played sir... well played!'

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think it depends on the streamer in question, some are good, some are awesome, some not so good lol. ...some rep poker sites, some don't, not sure how that's unfair to anyone...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really all of the streamers are showing a good example, but it depends on the level of understanding the game. I mgiht be mistaken too, but in general watching streamers play is good for absolute noobs.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Decent streamer(s) will be using several different sites anyway ...

That way you can also know which sites to stay the heck away from lol ...

A

ancakeul

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
yes is a scam to get subscribers and monney from people if they are succesul in poker they dont need to show to others how to play .

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Scam to get subs/clicks. Never understood why anyone wanna watch people play over playing, gaining experience and improving their own game. Makes no sense. Wanna study you're better off reviewing your own hands played, looking for and fixing mistakes and fine tuning your game.

Cheers!!!

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are some that do and others that don't, anyway, you have to understand that managing their balance should not be the same as yours, they generally play risk-free, and if you take risks they are very low compared to those of a novice player

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like watching a few streamers such as Lex Veldhuis as you get to see their decision process and improve your own game, I think streamers in general are a good thing for poker.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The players who broadcast live are professional players and we should watch and learn from their plays

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes is a scam to get subscribers and monney from people if they are succesul in poker they dont need to show to others how to play .
Do you want to make a bet on this ?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Scam to get subs/clicks. Never understood why anyone wanna watch people play over playing, gaining experience and improving their own game. Makes no sense. Wanna study you're better off reviewing your own hands played, looking for and fixing mistakes and fine tuning your game.

Cheers!!!
Doesn't sound like you've watched any good ones.
I personally learn a lot more while watching one of the streamers I watch, listening to their thought process, seeing what they do in many different spots vs. just playing a session myself. There's 4 or 5 streamers I watch in total, 3 of whom I focus the most time on. WHen I watch a stream I rarely do it for entertainment purposes (although I do that also, and have it playing in the background while I am playing). I take a proactive approach to watching the stream, thinking about what I would do in each spot, taking screenshots of certain spots (especially in PKO's) & then reviewing spots where I wasn't sure if I agreed with the streamer's line, or their view on something. (even just checking the ev of PKO calls by using the Bounty Discount Factor (in Dara's book), &/or Bencb's bounty chart).
I also watch a cash game streamer who plays at same & slightly higher buyins than I do. He has occasionally ran challenges where he will drop back down to 10nl and work his way up (ZOOM-style 6max). It is great to watch this guy and he has been extremely helpful/friendly to me. I have also learned a ton off this guy (it helps that he is the winningest player in that format online period!). Rarely, I will also watch a cash game player who plays high stakes online (it doesn't help me too much at my stakes but it is still interesting to watch).
I watch two MTT streamers, both playing Mid-stakes online. Both are consistent winners for the past 15+ years. One has only had 1 year with less than $100k in profit. That guy plays 40-50+mtt's/ session often playing over 20 tables 'while' streaming and at stakes $40-to-$525 (an abi of ~$90). It's inspiring to watch him play and witness his work ethic. He's also been very helpful.
The 2nd guy I watch, puts in consistent volume, not as many tables as the one guy but has been a winning player for 15+yrs. as well. Originally from USA but moved away after BlackFriday and hasn't been back home to live since. What I like about this guy is that he's willing to explain his thought process for each and every hand. He's a fast talker and is constantly sharing his thought process. I find it to be excellent material! (I'll watch taped sessions of this guy... not necessary to be 'live' at all).
Other things these streamers have taught me is how to study, how to train... how to train using different tools available today. And most of all, what it takes to be a winning player and what that lifestyle to get there really looks like.

Honestly this is just barely touching on what I get out of watching these streamers. It is well worth the price I pay to sub to their channels. (and I prefer to sub as opposed to watching for free)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
And why wouldn't he be able to beat a streaming player? Dude... it's poker! Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.... BUT over the longer run, the better play will inevitably win out (but how long will that long run be... can be a very good question 'it depends', lol).

Is everything a conspiracy? Everything a scam?

Why not try taking a different approach to the game? ie. investing some time to learn how to get better at the game.
Playing against a streamer can be fun it it happens. Its interesting to hear them if lucky talking about the you just played against them and what they thought of you. If anything it is too our advantage,

Of course everything is a scam or conspiracy to some. They wont admit they are wrong or made a mistake or its against them. It the eazy way out.

Its funny about the different approach. I never thought of it as rigged or anything but found it interesting how some players just won over and over. Its what go me to study and become a student of the game. I was recently belittled by a player in the chat of a CC game. What made me chuckle was they could not see what they did allowed me to play and win the hand. Nope I was the bad player and they did nothing wrong. OK please keep playing that way. What great about really learning the game is when you see a bad player everyone is talking about and realized they are not bad but they have studied the game and play in a way they don't understand

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t believe they are scamming, no. I do think it’s important to view them as entertainment and less as an example of good poker. Most of them don’t explain their decision process which could lead to confusion for newer players.

E

era7667

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I would watch their results, as the profit reflects 100%

E

era7667

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
and what does fraud have to do with it? everyone plays differently, yet learns all the time

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In our country, not enough people are watching, so streamers play for profit and there is something to learn from them

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
If you think about it, no poker site approaches a player and says: hey, let's stream games on our site. Usually the opposite happens: players start streaming and connect with poker sites.
Is it good for poker sites? Of course yes! This is a kind of free advertising.
Usually, players who play well start streaming and, of course, this attracts attention.
There are many different streamers and their goals are completely different. Someone is streaming to be noticed in the poker industry: so one day, a famous poker player stood for this purpose and just spent all his time on it, until, one day, a poker site noticed him - now he is the official ambassador of this site. Someone wants to be popular, Someone promotes, for example, women's poker. For 3.5 years, one poker player has been streaming just to have a good time with friends and play poker together.
Any reasons are beneficial to the poker site in one way or another.
Are these streamers good and can they be beaten? The answer is simple - streamers are the same players as us and, of course, it is possible to beat any streamer.

Top 10 Games