bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i like to play both style of game, sit&go takes a little longer than spin&go.

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are two problems with spins. The first is a very fast structure (hyperturbo), where you typically only start with 25BB, and then the blinds also go up fast. This create few chances to find edge against opponents, before the game is over. The other problem is the "jackpot" multipliers, which you will likely never hit, even you grind a ton. Typically its something like 1,5% of the price pool, which goes into making someone else rich. This acts like an extra rake, which you must also overcome to show a profit.

For these two reasons combined traditional SnGs are better, if you are looking to build up a bankroll, or for a regular source of income. But with this being said, you can play more Spins per hour, since each game last a shorter time. So if you get really good at them, and can find a good rake-back deal, then maybe they can still be profitable. Regardless which format you pick, dont expect to get rich. There is just not enough mid and high stakes action these days, and the opponents are also to good.
On point, Spin and go is much closer to equal distribution over all participants and you can't really benefit from making better decisions because there are so few to make

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course it depends on each person's type of play, but in general, which do you guys think is the most profitable format to invest? I personaly prefere Sit & Go, but theoretically you have more chance to win 3 to 1 then 45 to 1, is it not?
Hi.
Of course, I would prefer Sit and Go tournaments. In such tournaments, if they are not hyper tournaments of course, you can at least count on your skills and experience. Spin and Go tournaments are essentially a lottery.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Trimaxes are good at training the final table, which can be useful at MTT

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
SnG's far better (to apply strategies). Spin'n go's, half lottery, but are kinda fun :).

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I prefer Spin & Go, my way of playing is more adapted to this type of hyper-turbo tournaments, in addition to the possibility of playing for big prizes

Kolalyaaa

Kolalyaaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Oh, I'm not even sure about the 3 to 1 score. The Spin&Go structure forces you to play more dynamically and often more randomly. In addition, a small prize ratio relative to the buy-in. I also prefer Sit&Go.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
since the sit and go pays more, and if you are a decent player, i would say the sit and go, the spin and go, if you dont play for much, you have a lot of cowboys who go all in all the time
Yes, spin & go is a different dinamic that in my opinion, comes down to luck factor much more then technique

SnG's far better (to apply strategies). Spin'n go's, half lottery, but are kinda fun :).
I agree

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play both z but I prefer sngs . More hands , better payouts in multitable sngs . Spins have crazy variance , you just wait for the big prizes , and you should try to win these big prizes in order to become a winner in the spin games .

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course it depends on each person's type of play, but in general, which do you guys think is the most profitable format to invest? I personaly prefere Sit & Go, but theoretically you have more chance to win 3 to 1 then 45 to 1, is it not?
I don't consider poker an investment project at all. I just play in freerolls, accumulate a bankroll and gradually play in tournaments that my bankroll management system allows me to play. Overall, I would definitely prefer Sit and Go tournaments.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't consider poker an investment project at all. I just play in freerolls, accumulate a bankroll and gradually play in tournaments that my bankroll management system allows me to play. Overall, I would definitely prefer Sit and Go tournaments.
Im kind of the same, but after years playing im finally developing more of my game and studying the online poker considering it as a second income after my job. Then said, just like you, I try to manage my bankroll for a profit. And yes, mostly in freerolls and low stakes. Thats why I asked for your opinions in these online tournament formats,

Hi.
Of course, I would prefer Sit and Go tournaments. In such tournaments, if they are not hyper tournaments of course, you can at least count on your skills and experience. Spin and Go tournaments are essentially a lottery.
I agree there is less technique and have more of luck as a factor for the result in hyper speed or even spin & go. But I still like to play them, hahah

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In like spin and go better. Chances are better for me.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I saw the 888 spin only, paying 10 to win, winning 20, it doesn't seem profitable to me, I discovered a cool PS sit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
, dont expect to get rich. There is just not enough mid and high stakes action these days, and the opponents are also to good.
Do you think he's looking for mid & high stakes action with either of these formats?

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I'm not interested in spins, due to the small stack and the rapid growth of the blinds, the game depends more on luck than on skill

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Of course, it depends a lot on the type of format in which you feel more comfortable, I, for example, also prefer Spin&Go Max, I feel that it is more profitable, although Spin&Go is also a format where you can earn profits quickly, of course, as long as when you apply all your knowledge in the game

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play both spin and sit and go tournaments. I hope to catch the iaxial coefficient in spin and go tournaments, but I can't pack. And it's better to play MTT tournaments, they are more interesting.

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I'd say Sit n go's because Double or nothing sit n go's have the best odds of winning something.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you love fewer people I think you understand what is the best choice to make the more people the harder it is to win the fewer people the more likely you are to win so pick fewer people and win

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For winning, it's spinning, but that is too far away from poker for me. I prefer SnG's because you can better apply strategies.