Poker online seems rigged, what do u think ?

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe so. that is my opinion. because i play as much online and live poker and the amount of incredible bad beats its ridiculous. river all the time. runner runner bad beats. people going all in with garbage and beating pocket AA, KK.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it got to be you can tell sometimes when the cards slow down on the river it's like cards come up for the other guy he can have a 4. 8 going for a inside straight and he hits on the river. Sometimes when I have a great hand my Internet will just go out it really is fishing somethings going on I tell ya

M

mts1017

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
curious

i dont think that online poker is rigged to the point where it targets one person or group but i do think that it is set up to have big hands against each other where there will be a big pot or a rebuy in a mtt because we all see it everytime were on there playing in the last three days on acr or black chip ive seen more bad beats and just crazy hands then i saw in six months on some of the other sites

M

mts1017

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion

i put 50 bucks on betonline on may 20th by the first week of june i cashed out 1200 bucks after that i still win some small tourneys and cash pretty often but i havent changed the way i play but cant win now i get killed by the bad beats it just seems odd

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I do not think so, it is not true

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To a certain extent I believe pokerstars 'Grand Tour' is rigged. In tens of thousands (or more) of poker hands I have played, I have never seen more consistently how often in the Grand Tour game the poorest hand wins when all in pre-flop. These wins may be 5 to 10 times as often as in truly random dealing. I think the idea is to have the players keep trying again and again after bad beats.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than 95% of players lose their money in poker, they do not work on the game, do not read books, do not follow the game about poker players, do not study with coaches

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's bullshit. Poker rooms take a portion of the buy-ins from the total prize pool. It makes no sense for them to make the game unfair.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The winning players will admit everything that fits their pocket only , normal human behavior , the othrs will exaggerate , If you have played poker online , you know the answer , try to win as much as possible , if not possible stop playing , there are many ways to earn money nowadays , poker is not the only one online :) Or many other ways to lose time lol

Everything in our life is rigged , the socialsystem , the political system , our relations , the rules and laws , the opinions everything .Why poker should be an exclusion of this rule I do not get it , some kind of ethical code online vs live ??lol

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the sites are rigged, but some strange things occur that's for certain. Been playing PLO8 Hi/Low and I would bet money with anyone I will get at least 1 4 card hand with 3 tens, or 3 7's. This usually happens at least twice a day, sometime more. It's rather odd?

E

ebolaking1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard sites no longer use RNG's to shuffle, they have outsourced there shuffling to india where there are sweatshops full of disgruntled underage labors manually shuffling well worn out decks of cards. :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for the reply in return, appreciated! I attempt to be philosophical.

I have advocated keeping detailed records and noted previously some downswings are not as bad as one might think when looked at carefully over a longer arc. Which helps me define when the downswings are questionable.

I keep screen shots of good and bad beats - I work hard to remove careless bias. As I generally play a TAG game the key issue is that of the better starting hand failing in crucial spots. In the short term, no problem, something I can laugh off. Over the longer term and with a certain regularity, not so amusing.

I have a positive outlook as there is no downside to the position I find myself in...it is more a question of frustration as I love the game will keep playing (and have no choice but to play online). I like engaging in honest and intelligent discussions and if I enjoy an upswing I will gladly report that along with the persistent downturns.

Have you ever stopped to consider that perhaps your 'downswings' aren't downswings but maybe your 'upswings' are just landing on the sunny side of variance? I'm not suggesting this is the case ... just wondering if you'd considered it?

Question:
Why would they rig micro games?

How would they rig the games?

Personally I don't know much about programming & RNG's, but I did read quite a few posts (dozens) by a guy who is very knowledgeable about both. I can tell you (just from reading his posts) it would not be easy to do at all (almost next to impossible from the sounds of it). I only wish that CC had kept a number of his posts & stickied them in the rigged section. Back when he posted, the 'rigged' threads weren't nearly as abundant but then again the site wasn't all about freerolls back then either. (< can you see how the two correlate?) Maybe try searching for a bunch of them? (it might help to put your mind at ease) dmorris68 is his CC name

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am always surprised when people say why would they "why would they rig games?" - err, to make more money?

How could they do it? - not saying they do...

In MTT's knock out the smaller stack in all-ins - with a good chance the player rebuys.
In cash games - have artificial big hands - KK vs AA vs QQ. K high flush vs A high ect ect encourages big pots.

Any many more besides. And of course, you wouldn't do this every hand - just here and there, make it almost impossible to prove.

Many companies will (and have done in the past) take short cuts to boost profits - I am not sure why people are surprised by this?

The other day I was chip leader on GG and the guy sitting second was at my table. In 3 hands ( over 5) he was shoved on after the flop and he called. In all 3 times he was down but a fair ways - but saved on turn or river knocking out 3 others. Who knows?

It does surprise me how often the bigger stack win all ins especially as with a greater range.

I do know thinking like this is bad for your poker as not only will you tilt easier but you will also affect your play in other ways.

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is poker online rigged it feels that so many hands getting 3 kinds and flushes

It’s normal to feel overwhelmed, online is something that we can’t always trust due to people. But now sites are much more secure and cheating is taken very seriously. You shouldn’t be worried about rigged sites but be more focused in your game.

norwoox

norwoox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was just starting to play and didn't know a lot about poker, when I was unlucky I thought so too. And then I began to understand a little more in poker, you understand that millions of people would not be playing here if something was rigged. And why should poker rooms adjust something if they are making good money anyway.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Have you ever stopped to consider that perhaps your 'downswings' aren't downswings but maybe your 'upswings' are just landing on the sunny side of variance? I'm not suggesting this is the case ... just wondering if you'd considered it?

Question:
Why would they rig micro games?

How would they rig the games?

Personally I don't know much about programming & RNG's, but I did read quite a few posts (dozens) by a guy who is very knowledgeable about both. I can tell you (just from reading his posts) it would not be easy to do at all (almost next to impossible from the sounds of it). I only wish that CC had kept a number of his posts & stickied them in the rigged section. Back when he posted, the 'rigged' threads weren't nearly as abundant but then again the site wasn't all about freerolls back then either. (< can you see how the two correlate?) Maybe try searching for a bunch of them? (it might help to put your mind at ease) dmorris68 is his CC name

Absolutely. My game does not vary too much from tourney to tourney. Sometimes I will deliberately open up my range in a practice mode...but I generally play the same game. That game obviously comes with more experience as I have played a thousand plus more tournaments since first joining CC.

I feel a downswing or an upswing is little to do with my play (I have no game ego) but mostly down to variance or the way I look at it, the algorithm. I am skeptical and learn to live with it because I believe if you play fundamentally sound poker as I attempt to do, I can come out ahead.

For what it is worth, my results have been consistent and I have been fairly chilled this last month. However, it has allowed me to compare two months with a similar run of results against each other. Whilst some simple stats are okay (I have surpassed my prior record of consecutive days cashing and am still on that run) the fact is my productivity in terms of cashes is 50% down - and that was a distinct drop off starting many months ago. However, I recognize some sites have slightly amended their schedules and I have amended mine.

That is the issue which I sense some misconstrue about someone such as myself. I can remain skeptical, believe I see patterns etc. yet enjoy being engaged and playing. This is why I invariably underline that I feel I am playing against five or eight players and the algorithm. It is not as though the situation becomes make or break for me - it just is what it is. And as long as I keep edging ahead in a modest way I am fine with it, although if I had greater online ambitions I am sure I would have to re-evaluate everything.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see it myself. If the poker gods are against you. Then that dont matter what format you play. They are against you

I

ivis68

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
niekedy sa mi to zda lebo vyhravaju neuveritelne ruky a to len za to ze maju vacsi stack

I

ivis68

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I wonder because they win unreal hands, and only because they have a bigger stack

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe not rigged, but the algorithms could sway the game in one direction or the other.

K

Kingblack74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not rigged

Get ya poker game up , and fold sometimes 😁✌️ it's not rigged to me the cards fall how they fall that's poker you know the chance that you take when you sit down.:(:angel:

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anmator - appreciate the reply..

I mentioned two sites but not by name – I do not mind citing sites for technical issues but try to avoid specifying sites otherwise as CC has a relationship with them all. Generally I tend to end up playing two to three (max) tables at a time. A screen shot of a bad or good beat is one click and straight to file so that is not a distraction. Not too busy taking additional notes either.

On one site (as noted above) this is the second bout of rapid decline after steady results over an extended period. The second site is even more severe, after months of steady and building results a decline of over 50% + for 4 months.

I am chilled in one sense as I have only built on all sites I play. Plus I hope if anything to learn my skepticism is unfounded and I will emerge out of this passage. However of late it has felt beyond a joke particularly when I am being peppered with prompts to deposit…

That said, I do find the idea of playing more tables/games interesting, if nothing else because if anything I have shied away from playing more as results have been frustrating. One thing I will do is go back and see if my ‘peak’ periods consisted of denser play.

Continued GL to you also!

There are a number of independent internet poker "police" sites, that monitor all the poker sites, and regularly report on any suspect activity going on within them.

If you're not sure of the integrity of a site, just to a search, and you'll find some of the policing sistes.

Anyway, all in all, if you think a site is suspect, stay away from it.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weak

is poker online rigged it feels that so many hands getting 3 kinds and flushes

Every player i see talking about the RNG being rigged is actually a fish or just taking bad beats for the game. I played many years live and the run outs are the same and the bad beats happen just the same. Having to look your opponent in the eye changes ppls play style. when they cant see the other players its easier to think your better. PPl dont understand or realize how much of a gamble poker truely is. PPl now a days also all know about pot odds back doors. So its not rigged your just not good at poker.