Poker is getting more difficult online

R

RiverDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Yea there's so much free info to improve your game now a lot more people go into the table with more knowledge than ever before

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Im playing for over a year now on pokerstars party unibet and betsson. I feel like its getting more and more difficult the level go up ,very tight games even on unibet. I play buyin till 20 $ do you Guys think the same?
I'm not saying more difficult, but more competitive, sometimes we can even get discouraged, but not give up

madmantisgaming

madmantisgaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
game is hard but beatable at low stakes i feel

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not sure that there are many players of micros that actually spend a lot of time trying to improve. I think that happens only with the medium and high rollers. It's the same with any game or sport - most play it because they enjoy it and may spend perhaps a short time really going into it to improve. But it's human nature that few will actually manage to do that to any great extent.

I started playing 15 years ago and don't honestly think that the standard of play has altered much - there's a myth that USA players were the best, and that when they left online the standard dropped. My experience was that if anything the standard improved slightly.

nilo Azevedo

nilo Azevedo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Poker is technical game, we need to study each day more if we wanna win.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been playing for two years only, but I can see that MTTs are becoming less and less attractive. Re-buys are now unlimited , buying an add-on almost obligatory and it looks like the late registration time grows as we speak.
All this makes the game less profitable timewise.
I don't mind playing against better opponents though.
I agree with you. I have more success when people play ABC poker. Maybe it's because I don't read ranges that well. But I generally know where I stand in straightforward poker that is found a low and mid level games. I only play high level when I'm tilting! LOL.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making money in poker is not easy as it looks.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Not sure that there are many players of micros that actually spend a lot of time trying to improve. I think that happens only with the medium and high rollers. It's the same with any game or sport - most play it because they enjoy it and may spend perhaps a short time really going into it to improve. But it's human nature that few will actually manage to do that to any great extent.

I started playing 15 years ago and don't honestly think that the standard of play has altered much - there's a myth that USA players were the best, and that when they left online the standard dropped. My experience was that if anything the standard improved slightly.
I guess you play under 100NL? The standard of play has improved a ridiculous amount online.

But I agree with you regarding American players. The good thing about them was that they had a lot of money and poker is a popular game in the USA. A few hundred dollars for them was nothing.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I don't think so, I think there are more people preparing and taking poker seriously and professionally. If you want to level up, study and practice more.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think so because there are more and more people studying the game. And it gets more and more complicated.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
besides a steeply improved skillset online , its tougher 'cause many sites have increased the rake they are taking !

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep looking for soft games.
In general the games have got difficult.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the level step, the game always requires a slightly different game, you have to adapt to the dynamics of the given level.

Ronald Santos

Ronald Santos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't think it's any more difficult, I think it's because there are a lot of recreational players and it leads to luck (sometimes).

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really think its a lot easier than the heyday.

Its harder than the covid days, but you can still see players limping to sitters every day.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The game is harder than before i agree but its not that bad. We still gain new players every day but today's players and very different. In the past most players joined because it was fun. Many of today's newer player see the money that can be won instead.

Its harder than the covid days, but you can still see players limping to sitters every day.
I know what you meant but it is funny when they start folding to the BB sitter and they get a walk.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think it’s about the same from even 10 years ago. I’ve played the same level and haven’t noticed anything differently about skill level. I’m definitely making more playing micro stakes