Poker is getting more difficult online

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing for over a year now on pokerstars party unibet and betsson. I feel like its getting more and more difficult the level go up ,very tight games even on unibet. I play buyin till 20 $ do you Guys think the same?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When COVID-19 began 13 month ago, games were unusually soft for a while. So if something like marts-may 2020 is your reference, yes then games are tougher now. But really they are just back to, what they were pre COVID-19, and they are still beatable. If you find very tight games, then maybe try to work more on your game selection. Play at different times of day and try some different games to see, where most of the fish tend to hang out. Maybe move down a bit as well. Something like a 3,3$ MTT is definitely a lot softer than a 22$ MTT on average.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i remember when i started to play online poker it was 2009 if i'm not wrong, then poker was very soft, but ok i was not a good player. there was some ridiculous promotions also, it was easy to get money, nowadays all is getting harder, less promotions, more good players.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i remember when i started to play online poker it was 2009 if i'm not wrong, then poker was very soft, but ok i was not a good player. there was some ridiculous promotions also, it was easy to get money, nowadays all is getting harder, less promotions, more good players.

I wouldn't say that the game was easier back then, but the sites offered better promotions and much better tournaments. With all these progressive knockouts and extended late registration periods nowadays, I think the game has been negatively altered kind of.
In general, live or online, poker has never been an easy business.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't say that the game was easier back then, but the sites offered better promotions and much better tournaments. With all these progressive knockouts and extended late registration periods nowadays, I think the game has been negatively altered kind of.
In general, live or online, poker has never been an easy business.

i played freerolls then and it was incredible how many maniacs you could find shoving all hands and doing terrible bluffs. actually even in freerolls is not as usual like before to find this type of players.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I started in 2009 too, I used to make profit from PLO $25 and $50 online and live, I became a goldstar on PS, I played some mid-stakes tournaments, I never had a big prize but I won more often. I didn't play for a long time and after 2 years I realized that there are a lot of good people improving making the game more competitive.

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so, every day it is more difficult but the number of new players also increases and that balances it, of course, the general level also increases

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, right now poker is the different game if we can look for it, how it was even a couple of years ago and even about 10 years ago. Right now lots of people can play really well and if you want to make money you need to play really well too. Lots of people can play good even in the freerolls, just because not all have the bankroll for a cash games or a tourneys with buy-ins, so they try to build the bankroll from the freerolls, so this is the reason, why so many participants right now even in the cheap freerolls on different sites, people just have no money for the game and they need to play this freerolls and build their bankrolls.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree that we have more difficult tables nowadays but they still can be beatable

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is just as tough today as it was 14 years ago when I started. If it's tougher, then that means I' ve gotten a lot better, due to the success I'm having in cash games now. I've always been a losing cash game player, yet I'm now having sustained success due to studying and practice on poker stars play money. Playing real money 5c/10c blitz on ACR and more than holding my own.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing for over a year now on pokerstars party unibet and betsson. I feel like its getting more and more difficult the level go up ,very tight games even on unibet. I play buyin till 20 $ do you Guys think the same?

Mr. fundriver just shared partly what i think. I have started to play again a year ago, I was surprisingly profitable, never supposed results like I had in the summer months, partly it was because Mr. fundriver explanation. I note a lot, and nowadays 50% of those regular loser players left, disappeared - sometimes I see few, just coming back for a while after months off - but there are always new ones, not so many, a bigger percentage of the new players are better, but still okay on my level, no complain because of difficulty - always only the 'funny' rngs...

Anyway, in the last 1 month, I've played 10-15 out of my buyin range tourneys 50+$, and it is not really enough saying as fact, but it looks weaker for me than the low, micro field in the specific tourneys I regularly play - of course I have selected from the high buyins, what looked like weaker than the average, but still, I was a bit surprised, played 4 100$, and cashed out 3 times.... and it wasn't so hard, often it is more difficult reach ITM in the low level...

I don't think, it generally changed at all, compare to 10-15 years or even just 1 year ago. (i could say many things what definitely changed in the room operator companies...) I always played in several rooms, always avoid few, nowadays not much, as the tourney offers are limited, but took attention what I play. There are few tourneys in the day what was very good, my favourite ones 6+ months ago, but nowadays, I rarely play them, as a small cirlce reg, tight players fulfill 70-80% of the field everyday, so better to avoid.. (30-40% of the tourneys I play nowadays, never would play 10+ years ago, as the options were wilder, so plenty better was out there, perhaps that's why you think it is getting more difficult, you play what is simply not for you, I make the same mistake often - poor tourney options... - instead of don't play, wait for the ideal ones.)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 years ago it was so easy to make money online. Now it is very difficult. There's too much information out there for everyone. Even "bad" players are not as bad as they use to be. Whoever figures out how to make the time machine first please let me know. Lets go back in time and print some money.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for two years only, but I can see that MTTs are becoming less and less attractive. Re-buys are now unlimited , buying an add-on almost obligatory and it looks like the late registration time grows as we speak.
All this makes the game less profitable timewise.
I don't mind playing against better opponents though.

Mezzzzzza

Mezzzzzza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking along the same lines a couple of months ago so picked up my study game and mental approach at least I'm trying and now the pools seem a bit softer again very odd that! Seriously though concentrate on improving our own game and you will find more of those fish #no_limits_mezza

PLOLmaha

PLOLmaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea it’s gotten more difficult compared to pre Black Friday, but it’s still beatable/profitable, can depend though on the games and sites etc

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, because the soft control the table, i don t know who is the best in this soft...

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you probably play a lot and are somewhat oversaturated with the game. Therefore, you do a few thoughtless things. This makes the game less productive, and you start to feel that the game is getting harder.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Online poker is getting more and more difficult as poker grows and develops and those who play it get more experienced every year.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, online poker is getting very difficult because every player learns and studies poker the higher you go through the tournament, the more difficult it will be because the weak players have already knocked out and there are medium and strong players left on the final table, the game is even more interesting because there are 9 strongest players left and the game will be even harder

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play poker online 17 years ago and at that time everything was better. The games were easier to beat and we used to had a lot more options of poker rooms to choose. Also because of the number of poker rooms, they used to offer much better promotions. But we need to adapt to the new times.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now it has become more difficult because there are backing funds, a lot of software for training and development) another time, there are more strong players, but the “fish” are no less)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Maybe it is time to not play so much Holdem.

Almost everyone knows that game pretty well now.

Fast rotating Mixed Games from a pool of say 20 games should make things a little more interesting (and difficult).

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i used to get raised by lower flushes a lot years ago at omaha, now they only call =(