Poker is getting more difficult online

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im playing for over a year now on pokerstars party unibet and betsson. I feel like its getting more and more difficult the level go up ,very tight games even on unibet. I play buyin till 20 $ do you Guys think the same?
Hello, Carlo35! I fully agree with You! The competition became more hard and grew up exactly! On many more difficult became to up by limits!
This is modern reality! And by this necessary of Everyone find your own key!..

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the issue is not getting difficult and that most players are studying and improving themselves, I'm the one who learned a lot for what I was before, nowadays I already manage to make profits in tournaments in the past I only gave money now I can get back with tournament profits !!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's becoming more and more widespread and more people are playing it every day, which increases the level of difficulty of the game.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing online for 20 years now and I believe it has gone in cycles. When online poker got really popular it was hard because there were a lot of yahoos playing mixed in with very good players so either you were dealing with a loose all in crazy person or it was sometimes someone very good. Then a lot of people got disillusioned & stopped playing because they were losing too much. It has come back around a couple of times.

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is no influx of new players, and the old ones sooner or later even playing handouts raise their level. This is logical I think that the game has become more difficult.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with what people have said about it going in cycles, I am finding it a lot easier these days due to an explosion of new players who will call you off with any 2 cards but I do notice the general standard is higher overall.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Internet information is very fast and as many players get tired of losing, they end up seeking knowledge through professional poker streamers, discussions of moves and other things, this is making competition increasingly difficult in this sport, with the level louder even for recreational players!(y):unsure:🧐

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it seems like a lot more little fish, the same amount of sharks, and not many medium players.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online Poker was much easier 10-14 years ago, and much more profitable, you couldn't find much info for free back there, game rules and maybe some tips that might sound funny today... ANd today... with all the free info laying around... surely game has changed.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Im playing for over a year now on pokerstars party unibet and betsson. I feel like its getting more and more difficult the level go up ,very tight games even on unibet. I play buyin till 20 $ do you Guys think the same?
I agree with you, this is happening because there is more and more educational content. Maybe it's for the best, because more people come to online poker, but competition has always been, is, and will be.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is constantly evolving and becoming more popular. There are more and more new players who don't just want to play for fun, they want to make a living out of it. And this encourages them to learn and play properly. So it makes them good players and therefore my competitors. Although I've been playing poker for only three years, I can say with confidence that every year there are more good players and therefore it becomes more difficult to play. However, there are also more players who play badly, there are just more sharks hunting for this fish)

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I was playing a cash game 2/4 cents for over 5 hours and only made $2 . It’s getting much harder to level up ⬆️ as you say. The players are getting gto oriented. So you have to use a different strategy. Or maybe 🤔 a counter strategy?

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The amount of study materials and the large increase in players could only do that. The trend is to get even harder. Either you study or you fall further and further behind your desks.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Definitely every time you level up in any online poker room, both the investment and the risk of losing increase if we are not well prepared for that level, if we are well prepared and have studied a lot, honestly I don't think we have problem to level up, but if we are just starting in poker it becomes more difficult to level up with a lot of confidence

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The level up in the sites for me refers to the fact that poker in his studio has changed a lot compared to 15 years ago.
Today the players who want to be regular make a lot of effort every day to learn.
You also find more regular players, which if you are not at a good level of play, it will cost you quite expensive to play against them at those levels.
I'm still playing NL5 and I feel pretty comfortable there, trying to climb to my next goal which is NL10.
regards and good luck:):):)

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, the competition has gotten tougher, even at the micros. Where there is a lot of money, there will always be competition.

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure! poker has been evolving all the time, with the arrival of solvers people are much more profitable in their decision-making, thus making it much more difficult for us to be profitable at the tables.
A point that also complicates the game is the arrival of poker teams, there are many teams in platforms where their horses are a good % of the field, thus complicating the game today.

Tanamita

Tanamita

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That is why it is better to play live with friends

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think that one reason it was easier to win 15 years ago is that there used to be players from the USA playing online against players from all over the world. and I found them very loose at times. When they left in 2011 I think the standard of play became markedly higher.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
To me it seems like a lot more little fish, the same amount of sharks, and not many medium players.
Which sites and stakes do you play where you notice A LOT MORE fish?

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I started playing at the end of 2018, and in my opinion it was easier because there were more recreational players, and today the people who play poker on a regular basis have access to much more information, there are more programs and sites that show you how to play each hand, today it's much easier to learn to play poker.
But that does not mean that it is much more difficult, if you study and volume there is a high probability that you will become a very profitable player, it is very important to play on different sites to know which your style of play does better.
For my style of play the best sites for me to profit are:

pokerstar
GGpoker
party poker
888poker
Since Black chip poker is the site where I have the most difficulty winning.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that one reason it was easier to win 15 years ago is that there used to be players from the USA playing online against players from all over the world. and I found them very loose at times. When they left in 2011 I think the standard of play became markedly higher.

I don't think so !!! Most players from the United States have a fairly high level of play !!! It is quite another thing that the players on the PS in the last few years has become much smaller and I have such a feeling that the majority of bad players are simply tired of losing and stop playing !!!

lala123

lala123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the level increases and becomes more difficult unfortunately

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Yes with unlimited sources to learn from , def poker has become much more difficult than before. But we still can beat it

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
as it becomes more and more unfair