fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Everyone has their own time to use, some need it less, others more, and there is nothing wrong with that. Fast timed versions can be selected when playing online, so everyone has a choice.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, they annoy me, too. Sometimes it is strategy, but I suspect, most of them play several other games at the side and are just temporarily overwhelmed by the action. But I certainly appreciate the time limits.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
Yes, such players are terrible, I just think in poker for a long time it is necessary to do a little less time so that the players would think to cut time and then it will be good

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's nothing more irritating than that, it seems like they do it on purpose....

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As many said already, it can be several reasons like multi-tabling, a bad connection, a strategy to survive the bubble or even to make people nervous.
But do not become nervous about such a situation, better add another table to have some more action.

Usually, I really do not care about such people. Only that I could fall asleep when it is very late. :D
And I am very sure, that nearly everyone did this already to survive a bubble, at least at
the beginning when they started to play, although it is considered to be a bad strategy, especially when you are short. You want to see still as many hands as possible to get a good spot again and double-up and the big stacks can outlast you so much longer in such a situation and also stretch their time bank...
I mean, it is completely understandable, if you are in need of money or just started building your bankroll. But it is better to have good bankroll management so that you can play your game normally.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well in online it's fine, the live poker can be sometimes extended due to such.

WETDRUMMER

WETDRUMMER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ZM
Chips
players who lose sometimes start to make people nervous, see that they have lost, and try to kill time. why do they do this? try to anger the opponent in front of themselves. your thoughts are very interesting.I didn't do it myself
I think it's about connecting the Internet or a person just plays at several tables

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I believe there are three reasons to play slow. If a player is a short stack and close to the bubble they may choose to take their time so players at other tables can bust out. Another reason is frustration. A player gets frustrated and literally sits on their time for the same reason above, they are waiting for more people to bust out and they are not caring out the game in the first place. And the last reason and the one I use sometimes. Image. I use my time to either represent a weak hand, meanwhile I may have the nuts and I am doing it to make the other person call or bet. So yes, the answer to that one is I am trying to annoy the other player so they will call. Oh ya and another reason, you are weak, weak hands and you want to make it look like your making a hero fold as so many smart players need to do. This is also representing table image.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone play like they like ofc but there's common sense ofc again. Its cool game

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think there is a followup question to the one being asked which is: "Do you let slow play affect your game and tilt you?" If you do, then rest assured that some observant player will note that and exploit you by putting you on tilt, intentionally.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes in big tournaments, when getting close to the money, I notice that the small stack players tend to take more time to decide if they are going to call, raise or go all in. I think it's because the blinds are so hight and the bubble is near. They are trying to make the money.
Yes, this is true, but not only that. Since I myself do so often in tournaments with a large number of players, when there are a couple of hundred players before the prizes, and my stack leaves much to be desired, I fully use the time given to me to move, even if I'm going to fold. While my time is ticking, several players on other tables are busted out of the tournament... So time works in my favor when the stack can't. In cash games or spin and go tournaments, there is no point in taking too long and I respond as quickly as the situation on the table allows. And, of course, annoying players who take a long time to answer and show their disrespect for other players and their time.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to slow all my action time bar during any of my turns when I'm getting close to the ITM... I don't do this to annoy anyone, just for strategy (very useful, by the way)!! 😏
Another time I do slow actions is during a tournament finals (semi/FT) where I don't want to give time tells based on the time I spend doing my actions. So I take longer time with both the easy and difficult decisions. By the way, I tend to play more tables at the same time, so I don't have time to pay close attention to who's taking their actions slowly.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is one of my pet peeves! I don't mind if someone needs a little time to think but when it is every hand, it has to stop.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so much to be upset but that they waste time and you Wait for the tournament to end soon more everything How to play in online tournaments

:(:(:(

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Time controls per move in poker are not unique. In chess, even at the highest level, players spend an average of three minutes per move, including in situations that seem easy to the audience. Let's say you have a strong hand and you are not afraid of cards that increase the status of your opponent's hand. Slow play will force your opponent to bet more and reinforce his aggressive play nature. If you are playing with an analytical and smart opponent, you can slow down the game so as not to scare him away. You save your bets to a later position to increase the pot. Your opponent will not be able to determine the strength of your hand.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not annoying... I in this time is resting, when these players thinking, or can charge of any food! So all it's OK!

Last edited:
Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case, when I do that it is because I am close to the collection bubble, waiting to enter and with the few remaining chips I have to go all in looking to double in chips, that's all. Why do others do it I don't know

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do get annoyed at slow players taking time does need refocus on game and consentration

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
Bubble time, they wondering if you are bluffing and they need some time to think about it, raise their pot , distracted by others tables they playing or bad internet connection .

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They do it because they don't have the mentality to recover, they do it because they lose control of their emotions

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i guess some people could be doing other things or playing multiple games online. in person i'm not sure

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's annoying me only in hand to hand plays, when the timeburning is useless