Play only one table. Normal or not?

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel keeping it to two tables is generally safe.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that playing one table you will increase your chances, considering that you could "listen" other players.
But I like to play 2 at once.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the player and the game. For MTT (multi table tournament), a player is increasing it's chance to enter ITM (in the money - to quality for paid position). Furthermore trying to minimize risk of flushing out one tournament and tilting. Also it could be good bankroll management.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are tired of long playing or doing something else in meantime, then 1 table is better. Also if the stakes are high for you, one table with patient approach might work great!

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I usually play a table with two maximum, if it can't stress me out and not analyze the hands well

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd play 2 normally with some decent stakes at play, but if I'm just relaxing I'll probably play a lot of low stake games at the same time

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be boring to play only 1 table. Of course you can if this is the final, because you need to concentrate

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
play at a table

Hello guys.
Particularly I prefer to play at only one table, my performance improves substantially, in all aspects, especially in the main issue of the game, which is the analysis of opponents.
Playing at multiple tables, it is not possible to analyze their actions during the course of the game.
Especially when it comes to cash games, where there is no table rotation.
When it comes to tournaments, even the lowest buy-ins, playing multiple tables reduces my performance, for the same reasons I mentioned above. But I admire those who can play on several tables simultaneously while maintaining the same performance. 👏👏👏

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It takes a lot of effort from me to play at several tables at the same time. Since I try to play, and not just be present. There have been successful games, but overwhelmingly extremely unsuccessful. As in the proverb: if you chase two hares, you won't catch one.

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On one table you can focus and calculate much better

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem with only playing one table. You can assess each hand much better this way. I usually play two tables at once.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play two. But only, because some people take reaaaally long. I guess those are the guys playing 5+ tables ;-)
So, I guess, if everyone would play only one, I would, too.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play two. But only, because some people take reaaaally long. I guess those are the guys playing 5+ tables ;-)
So, I guess, if everyone would play only one, I would, too.

This detail is well remembered. Most regular players play at many tables simultaneously, so they end up taking a little longer to act, taking a little patience from the opponents at times. hehehehehe
In these cases, I sometimes add another cash game table to compensate. 😅

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the normal is to play a single table, but I understand that it's sometimes boring.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Greetings to friends! He noticed a tendency: playing several tables, the game is more rude. Instead of various tricks - you just fir and that's all. Therefore, the quality of the game in my opinion is declining. Is it like that or not? Please tell me who's been at poker for a long time. Of course, in this case, due to such a rough game, 1-2 tables are eventually doubled or lost and they are more comfortable to play later. But the overall quality is falling greatly.
And if I play one table: then it turns out even in seemingly losing moments, somehow twist out. With one table, you kind of feel that the opponent wants to make the result intuitively better. True, if you lose, then emotional depression is greater. Since physically, you kind of already know them. Is it possible to continue to play always on table 1? Or at a distance is this a hundred percent mistake and loss? Thank you in advance! It is very important for me to understand now.

The first 3 or 4 months that I played online poker I could not imagine that playing more than 1 table would ever be something I would want to do. I tried two tables but I found it much more difficult to give my full concentration.

Today if I were to play less than 4-tables of ZOOM cashgame format, I am completely bored out of my mind. It gets easy to concentrate even while playing many tables simultaneously.
I am trying to get started back up in MTT's but it has been a struggle at the beginning because I am really playing optimally while 6-tabling but I KNOW that if I want to make it worth my while (with the time committment) then I really need to be able to get my tables increased to at least 12 at the same time. I'm considering purchasing Stack & Tile to accomplish this more quickly and then just keep all of my tables on the one 32" screen but to have them stacked AND tiled.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the contrary, I don’t play well at one table, I just get bored, I start to get distracted by other things and therefore I make mistakes. It is optimal for me to play 3-4 tables.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Да, я тоже это заметил. Максимум 2 стола и лучше всего играть за одним столом. Теряешь контроль, хуже соображаешь, когда одновременно много столов.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that playing up to 3 tables doesn't interfere with the quality of your game if you already have enough discipline to follow your strategy. More than that makes your focus go away. Of course, it all depends on the amount of time and ambient you have to play.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I often play more then 1 table. But it's better to concentrate on your play if you just play 1 table.

O

oleg7686

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It seems to me that it depends on the person there are playing 20 tables, well, this is a pro, of course. I'm comfortable playing 1-2 tables max 3 if the tournaments are slow.

O

oleg7686

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I don’t understand how many tables play the cash zoom format at all. what could be a good solution. very hard .

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I recommend playing one table as it allows you to play and think methodically. You learn more about your strengths and weaknesses in the poker variant of choice.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I tend to play 2 or 3 tables as playing only 1 table gets a little boring at times. However, I tend to play better if I only play one table as I concentrate more on each hand which is good for the few higher stakes games I occassionally play.