thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Does this sound like bot behavior?

Either way it is completely exploitable in an easy way.

I'm always looking for it in my opponents.
id say its possibly bot behavior yes. but its really only an issue if you are last to act in a hand and not betting the stone cold nuts. otherwise its gamesmanship in trying to get someone that is acting after you to put in more money

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Brother, nuts are nuts and a player who doesn't bet on the river with the nuts is a fish.
Likewise, there may be certain exceptional cases, where even if you have the 2nd nuts you can consider that the main nuts in the way your opponent played could have them.
But in a hand for example, where you have a flush at Ace high and there is no possibility of even a straight flush, you have to bet 33% 66% 100% all in or whatever is necessary according to your opponent.
I have seen this situation 2 or 3 times and when I see it I automatically put that player on recreational labeling. A regular player doesn't do that thing of not betting the nuts.
Greetings:):):)

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I dont get it shud be your decision maybe u feel sorry for your opponents lol or probaly mis read your hand

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brother, nuts are nuts and a player who doesn't bet on the river with the nuts is a fish.
I agree with you. What if they don't bet the nuts only when there is a certain player in the hand? Like a friend or a spouse?
Likewise, there may be certain exceptional cases, where even if you have the 2nd nuts you can consider that the main nuts in the way your opponent played could have them.
Again, I agree with you.

The rule is that you must bet the nuts when you are last to act.
But in a hand for example, where you have a flush at Ace high and there is no possibility of even a straight flush, you have to bet 33% 66% 100% all in or whatever is necessary according to your opponent.
Yes, but again - what if you are soft playing a friend because you don't want to take their chips. This matters in a tournament.
A regular player doesn't do that thing of not betting the nuts.
Agreed. The issue I bring up is about cheating via soft play.

it shud be your decision maybe u feel sorry for your opponents lol
It is not your decision. You will be penalized in live tournament play for not betting the nuts in position.

The issue I bring up is about cheating via soft play - which is a form of collusion.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I don't see anything super wrong if a player doesn't bet the nuts in online poker, because he can play a lot of tables at the same time, overlook cause of that sometimes etc.

Of course, that's a big mistake. And the question should be how much sould he bet, and not should he bet at all or not.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are many ways to play when get the nuts, despite of we'd better bet or raise most of the time.

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it depends on your position if i have three players to act after me i may consider checking the nuts in order to go for a check raise. If you check the nuts as the last player to act then you don't understand the game.

To address the bot situation thats a tough one. I dont think it indicates a bot though, I think that more indicates a player with too many tables. If it is a bot it was very poorly programed hahaha

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think usually they dont understand that they have the nuts, its like when players limp to sitters it makes no sense, but I see it every day.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I agree with you. What if they don't bet the nuts only when there is a certain player in the hand? Like a friend or a spouse?

Again, I agree with you.

The rule is that you must bet the nuts when you are last to act.

Yes, but again - what if you are soft playing a friend because you don't want to take their chips. This matters in a tournament.

Agreed. The issue I bring up is about cheating via soft play.

It is not your decision. You will be penalized in live tournament play for not betting the nuts in position.

The issue I bring up is about cheating via soft play - which is a form of collusion.
Hello brother

Well if you are playing at a table with your spouse or a friend, don't really play hahaha they will always beat you.
Joking aside, I think that if you are playing at the same table with a friend you are cheating.
Because you can play knowing what cards you have and what cards he has and that is a huge advantage.
In this case, in online poker, I believe that the sites must have a review of players who always enter the same tables or players who play on 2 laptops and enter the same tables with 2 accounts.
Imagine, for example, if you are often about to pay a hand according to the blocking cards you have, imagine playing with 4 cards (2 from each account) almost as if you were playing on an Omaha table against 5 players who play Hold em. . It is understood???
In tournaments in general, if they do not bet the nuts they are penalized, because there are many players who end up being friends over time, and there are some who are sentimental and would think that their friend would leave a tournament in a confrontation.
But that's where I totally agree with my compatriot Damian Salas, winner of the wsop 2020.
He says that outside of a tournament, we can share a dinner, a couple of beers or a conversation. But within the tournament there is no friendship, if I can get all the chips from my friend I will do it and if he does it with me I will congratulate him.
And it's like that brother, so good, and that's what you say that you see players who don't bet their nuts, in truth I would either change tables, or I could even report them, because I think that at this point in our life in We have played a lot of poker hands, I can't imagine that nuts aren't bet on the river.
Greetings brother and good Sunday:):):)

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars