Normal tables or zoom?

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The choice depends directly on my mood and on my probability to win (First I would look what kind of game and in which room--and in which table depending usual tables--would be the most profitable right now). One day I play normal tables, another day I can play zoom, or both of them as well. I love to play tourneys too.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that the main thing at zoom tables is to make notes on the players, then you will always know,who you are playing with. It will take some time, but it will definitely pay off.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I play 1 table, it would be zoom.
If I am playing multiple tables, I would hit the normal tables.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play 1 table, it would be zoom.
If I am playing multiple tables, I would hit the normal tables.

Nice choice. It's really a bit hard to play more than 2 zoom tables at a time, especially if there's a bunch of good freerolls meanwhile. But I feel a little bored while playing 2 normal tables because most of time there is no action, nothing happens for minutes, some games are really cold. If they are 9-max it is even more boring. So if the tables you play are not zoom then you can play more tables comfotably and still show a good playing.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you really have the Pro`s and Con`s of both options covered. Depends also on my much time you have for a sessions. 5-10min Zoom probably better. If you have 1 hour or more playing against opponents that you can gather information about might help you. For the Challenges in Cash Games on pokerstars I also you Zoom to get the specific start cards needed sometimes.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Zoom is good if you have little time to play.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think zoom is great if you have good fundamentals.

Normal tables are good for more of an exploitative approach

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent tried Zoom or Blitz. From what I seen though normal tables is what I would prefer.

I am one of those that waits for BB when enterimg a table.

Imagine in Zoom you get whatever empty seat at a table and drop a BB and a hand.

I play different ranges depending on position and just from what I saw it would just irritate me doing this. However I also havent tried it. Maybe someday I will at least try it.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like zoom tournaments and I think I've had my 2 deepest run playing them. I think the zoom players can play very good hands as they can easily fold there way to premium hands, so make sure you go play tighter than normal.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider that the zoom is very tiring in the medium and long term. I prefer a normal table.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is more about your free time. I prefer zoom when I want to spend few minutes on poker. When my free time is limitless I enjoy playing normal tables

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of the humor. If you want to play a lots of hands it's fun.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm old fashioned. I haven’t been able to make friends with these zoom tournaments yet.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Normal

I like the normal tables better than zoom.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent tried Zoom or Blitz. From what I seen though normal tables is what I would prefer.

I am one of those that waits for BB when enterimg a table.

Imagine in Zoom you get whatever empty seat at a table and drop a BB and a hand.

I play different ranges depending on position and just from what I saw it would just irritate me doing this. However I also havent tried it. Maybe someday I will at least try it.

You almost always post BB then SB when joining a Zoom table but then the blinds get circulated around so that it evens out as you would pay them in a regular table.

I prefer Zoom just based on how much time I have and the ability to make quicker decisions for an extended period of time.

Playing two Zoom tables, I logged over 500 hands in one hour, which is equivalent to maybe 8 regular tables in the same time span.

B

Bonano1313

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Beginner zoom is better, as there is little chance of discovering your type of game, and on the other hand, zoom also helps experienced players who play AGGRESSIVELY

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to zoom sometimes, you have to think fast

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I prefer to play at normal tables with no zoom. Then I have more information about the players, I know what to expect. I only play the zoom game when the field is not too big, so it's easier for me to play. Dynamics in zoom games, it is fun to learn to play in this mode to achieve something, it is a completely different style of play than in normal tournaments. I prefer not to mess with my head and play normal tournaments. :)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to think that you can make money faster in zoom, but in fact this is not the case, as it turned out I was much more comfortable playing regular tables. I think everyone plays where they feel comfortable.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play cash but the little that I have played I think I prefer normal tables, the zoom is to play more ABC since we do not have information about the rivals in low limits, at high levels that changes since there are fewer players in the field and that allows us to have more data of the rivals even if it is zoom we will be playing with level regulars all the time.
In conclusion I think that at low levels you have to play only regular tables and think about zooming from NL25 upwards minimally.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest zoom with hud and normal tables without hud.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both but with zoom, there is not much boredom.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I preffer zoom tables because there are no death moments, you got full time action

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom if its a cash game for me!
I like that ppl dont get to have a read on me as easy during a few hours of cash play

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom table its a big evil!!!only cash