Normal tables or zoom?

O

Ozymandias912

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I recently tried a new modality which is zoom. What would be a constant table change when folding. And although I am not an expert and I am taking my first steps, I must say that I felt very comfortable and it was very dynamic to play. It should be noted that this zoom table was from mtt and I made it to the final table. But I understand that a lot of cash players use this mode regularly. So I would like to know if you use it and what you think about it. If I had to distinguish between them, I think it would be like this.

Zoom
- less rake
- not having to change the table
- almost no recreational fat.
-Little information about the villains

Normal tables
- more rake
- change tables a lot until you find a table with an recreational
- Being at the same table helps you detect the deficiencies of other players and take advantage of them

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do like the fast zoom games, but then when I want to see who wins that hand, I can't when I fold my cards. It is much faster, but I enjoy sitting at one table and getting to know the players, and their style of betting!

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm playing, but with three tables, I like to play zoom because I can't reason properly, but if I'm only with one table, I always zoom in to not make the game boring

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have abandoned normal tables , cause I see the players leave the tables , just the moment your luck is about to change or when their fish has left or one two big sharks hae entered or one has built a bid stack . Poker rooms have to introduce some rules on the chosing tables part of he cash games , I haven't visited the normal tables for a long time , I play sometimes only zoom 2nl , in the past 5nl also , only 9max , sometimes in the past tried 6max , bad results , especially in the higher stakes . I cannot see this thing ,to climb up levels suddenly and start winningg big suddenly , this will not happen , patience or lose ....

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both

I play on ACR and I imagine it's like ACR's Blitz tables. If that's the case, I'd rather play that when I'm outside on the cell phone while running errands. I can make some quick cash, sit out and get on with my errands. But when I'm in the house, I like the relaxation of playing at regular tables.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the normal tables. I also only play tournaments,
I never do well at the cash tables.
The only problem with tourney's are they take so long and once it has started, then you need to grind away.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like zoom tournaments!Sometimes I even take prizes! but more often I play regular tournaments and just enjoy the game

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried zoom and while I find it fun and a good way to relieve boredom I don't take it too seriously

I prefer to sit at a table and try and get a read on players and I find the ups and downs come around much more often in zoom due to seeing many more hands per hour

Good luck out there

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the day. Sometimes I'm bored and I can't stand the slowness of the tables. The zoom is more dynamic and much more risky. Because you don't know how to play the villain. However I like the speed of the game!:cool::cool:

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Usually I am playing normal tables, feeling myself more comfortable for that and probably I do not like changes so just doing things I used to. But some MTT I also played zoom and it looks like amazing and good too.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both formats, but it's always a matter of habit when it comes to poker. I always play on a normal table.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I played in both variants, but for me the best choice was at the normal tables, there you start to know your opponents and make decisions easier.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By your logic, normal tables would be better because you can observe player's tendencies. The downside is you get fewer hands dealt.

All the cash grinders I see play Zoom because they play a set range rather than play against their opponents.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like the zoom for its dynamism.
The constant exchange of tables favors in some aspects but hinders in others.
It is practically impossible to read opponents, and this can be terrible for technical players.
In compensation, no one can read our game.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As previously described, each one Zoom/Normal has its own peculiarities, I prefer normal tables due to "selection" that can be made. I didn’t pay much attention to that until recently but it can really help a lot

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normal Tables, off course!!

In this kind of table you observe your opponents better....

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I have not tried playing by zoom. However I think it might be very interesting , as it might approximate live table play more, which I prefer. On What sites is zoom play available?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer normal tables, but sometimes the zoom is also pretty good.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only advantage of Zoom for me is more hands played and a more dynamic game, but it is difficult to remember all the players there, so you have to play blind. It is also very common to find players with ready hands AA and KK while you have an AK hand and if the flop is AK5 it is the drain of the pot) So I prefer regular cache tables)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Normal tables, its nice to skip the garbage hands fast but often they playing super aggressive in order to still blinds but they fold much easier. Normal tables are better in long term

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do do not like to play zoom tables as you have no info about your opponents.
I play mostly SNG and when you play them for a longer time you see that their are regulars on the tables (including me)
By taking notes of how they play (as bigstack/shortstack) and how they react to 3bets is very usefull info and does often makes the difference

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Zoom but so far I am unable to win on these fast tables.

Normal yes - Zoom at the moment a big NO. Just lost another buyin, so going to have a cry now :(

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom, zoom,zoom
But sometimes normal