To multi table or not to multi table?

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If one doesn't multi table I guess the hourly grind rate will be too low to make online poker sustainable for a monthly income

D

Dart2310

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only like to play one table at a time to get a feel for the other players. Multiple tables makes it more difficult.

Y

yka1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
multi-table

In order to play at multiple tables you need a lot of experience, to make best decisions in a short period of time. For my current skill level 2 tables are enough. Let's see how many can i play until next year :smile:. Good luck to everyone!

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get lost trying to play multi tables but I have played two kinda well if I don't chat. lol I prefer one at a time. :)

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I have been playing not so long ago, it is ideal for me to play one table, you completely immerse yourself in the game. But I feel quite comfortable at 2 tables. I tried to play 4 tables, while it is difficult for me.

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A table if you are starting, after you get used to it you can play up to 4 tables and be focused on the 4 tables, after a while you get used to it and in the long run you are making good profits.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each, as it develops, increases the quality of the game at several tables.

Z

zj121

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I play on BetOnline and they give you like 10-12 seconds to make a decision. Multi tabling is impossible unless youre a tight experienced player and super mathy guy cause you have to make decisions extremely quickly. Barely enough time for me to think about ranges and bet sizing in that amount of time cause i dont study enough for it to be automatic. One table for me on this site is plenty. 2 if im bored. 3-4 and i just start mucking hands because im busy making decisions on other tables which certainly doesnt help win rate at all

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also don't play many tables, in order to observe the actions of my opponents and analyze their game.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There was a time when I played 4 tables, but then I played single-table sng... now I mostly play two tables at mtt))

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
max i do seriously is like 2 max i do when i don't care is like 4, doing it often though is all practice

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play 3 tables maximum, i can't concentrate with more tables.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate playing just a single table, at least 3 tables for me to play, in poker there is variation and a way to get out of it quickly and making game volume and just playing 1 table is something that can't be done and that's not a my opinion is a fact

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm bored playing at 1 table I play a couple of tables so that it's not boring poker I play 3 to 5 tables to keep me interested and not make me bored, I play on different poker sites at the same time and it turns out that I'm not very bored Sometimes I think how I used to play at 1 table is terribly boring

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginner: do not multi table. Focus on learning the skills and once you've mastered them so that they come naturally, you will be able to multi table without making horrible mistakes.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I have a hard time trying to multi table. I tend to make more calls that I regret than good calls.

I think that it can be a good thing for someone who is just playing by "fast" math.

Personally I like to be way more involved in the games that I am participating in. I like the psychological aspect of the game. Trying to anticipate each players action.

Those that multi table, always tend to be running behind and tend to get into snap calling or run out their time bank. Either one is not going to be effective in a possitive way for that player.
A lot of professional poker players multi table and they may run out of time to play sometimes, but I think that overall multi tabling means they can increase their hourly rate.

I also prefer to play at only 1 or 2 tables at a time, as I find I can concentrate on the game better that way. I think, with experience, multi tabling will be easier and player poker will become more automatic as you get used to situations that come up and different player types.

KingKolev

KingKolev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
The closer you play to a set strategy like close to gto i think its easier to play 2 or 3 tables no problem, then to focus on a table with a potentially important hand.

However if you are trying to work on exploitative moves say for myself i make more mistakes because I might not remember who did what on all streets and especially with no hud, I find it very difficult to play exploitative on more than 1 table.

I tend to adjust to a slightly more balanced strategy when I play more tables or the direct opposite I don't adjust and punt all my chips trying to do exploitative plays without having the info and just basing off of the cards.

It depends if your want to work on/experiment any moves or the strategy type that suits yo.

Do you agree ?

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
neither playing poker at 2024 is a complete waste of time

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I'm bored playing at 1 table I play a couple of tables so that it's not boring poker I play 3 to 5 tables to keep me interested and not make me bored, I play on different poker sites at the same time and it turns out that I'm not very bored Sometimes I think how I used to play at 1 table is terribly boring
Same!
+ cash games on few tables + watch some documentary 😁

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Multi table.
But before you increase the number of tables, acquire a suitable routine and skill to be able to manage them properly.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Personally I play multi table. At the moment there are days when I play 6 tables simultaneously. But I would think that my best game is at 4.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Multitabling increases a player's hourly win rate. In other words, the more hands and tournaments you play, the more profit you will get over the long haul. This is such a simple strategy!But it's dangerous, you can lose.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on comfort level..
Start with single table and add more tables if your game is not adversely affected..