antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have better results multitabling on ACR , on pokerstars it sucks , I really wantto play one game only on Stars . And ifI do not have time bank left or there are two or more tables at the same time with tough decisions, that's very bad . I want my time to make good decisions , if sth rushes me I tend to make horrible mistakes . lol

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play one table, so I'm more focused, I read opponents better and I make fewer mistakes in the game.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Single table allows players to focus more on the dynamics of each player on the table. However, multiple tables cannot do it, but it is more efficient to spend the same time on multiple tables.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker in one table is boring, I like open 2-4 table.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a hard time trying to multi table. I tend to make more calls that I regret than good calls.

I think that it can be a good thing for someone who is just playing by "fast" math.

Personally I like to be way more involved in the games that I am participating in. I like the psychological aspect of the game. Trying to anticipate each players action.

Those that multi table, always tend to be running behind and tend to get into snap calling or run out their time bank. Either one is not going to be effective in a possitive way for that player.
It's exactly what you said. Find as many tables as you feel comfortable in your playing style.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Every player is different but for me it works better when I play 4+tables.
Why is that? Because I auto pilot RFI ranges based on the phase of the tournament , the line up of the opponents and every other factor. It took me many sessions to do it but since I am able to do it I guess everyone can too.

Why is good to multitable?! because you have a solid preflop game - not a tight one- a solid one and without a solid preflop game seriously don't bother with poker. Players who play 1 table you will find them often play starting hands they shouldn't which will lead them, sooner or later, to a disastrous scenario and a GG.

I find myself deep run after a good session with many tables and as the time goes by I stay with my deep running tables which is an exciting feeling.

But again what works for me doesn't mean that will work for many other players , everyone is different and play for a purpose(likes the game , grinds for money , having fun and the list goes on).

Have Fun!

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, playing online at two tables is acceptable. In the event that three or four game tables are open, attention is greatly lost, many erroneous decisions are made. After all, I'm not a robot )))

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, playing online at two tables is acceptable. In the event that three or four game tables are open, attention is greatly lost, many erroneous decisions are made. After all, I'm not a robot )))

Why do people keep saying they are not robots as a reason they can't multi table lol. Humans multi table. You could multi table 4 or more, your just unwilling to do the work to get there.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On a computer, I can play at two tables, and on a smartphone, I play only at one table. It is important for me to see what is happening in the game, otherwise I get lost and make wrong moves :)

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
multi tabling is very good in total. Youre play more hands and will make a more prizeless notes from yours opponents. But in my opinion and own expierence i think better is playing a one table. when you will feel that You a master and Youre crushing opponents, is time to play a two i one times. If YOure a master at two tables then put a one more and play at three in one moment.

Is good to improve Youre concetrate skills, a good exercisie is making a Sudoku, or crossword, domino or scrabble, Mind games makes better concatrete.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments I play lots of tables as I find them kind of boring. Cash is either two zoom tables or three normal

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a hard time trying to multi table. I tend to make more calls that I regret than good calls.

I think that it can be a good thing for someone who is just playing by "fast" math.

Personally I like to be way more involved in the games that I am participating in. I like the psychological aspect of the game. Trying to anticipate each players action.

Those that multi table, always tend to be running behind and tend to get into snap calling or run out their time bank. Either one is not going to be effective in a possitive way for that player.
I agree with you. It is better to play at one table and at the same time watch how others play at the tables.And you can draw conclusions for yourself who is playing with kamiki cards.But there is one "But". I don't like it when you are often sent from one table to another poker table.We have to study our opponents again!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multitabling should come natural, and its far more detrimental to play to many tables rather than to few. So by all means dont try to force this. But if you are feeling bored and find yourself watching Youtube or writing in CC forum while playing, then its probably a better idea to add another table or two to stay focused.

Also if you are playing for profit, then multitabling will allow you to increase your hourly winrate and overcome variance faster. So in that case its something, which you kind of need to learn. But you dont have to take it to extremes and play 24 tables at once, like some people did in the past.

Personally I play on a laptop, and after experimenting with different layouts, what work best for me is to have 4 tables running and have them tiled but partially overlapping, so that I can flip between the upper and lower on each side. In that way I dont miss out on to much action, and each table still has a size, where its easy for me to see, whats going on.

I sometimes have 5-6 tables running, but only for short periods of time. And I think, if you want to go boyond that, you need to be sitting at a desk with a 2 monitor setup. That will really make it feel like, you are "at the office", but if you are a very serious and maybe full time professional player, this is for sure the way to go.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can multi-shock my brain by multi-tabling. There is just so many cows you can get in the stall at one time, though.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi everyone! I think that the more tables you play, the more your concentration will decrease with each game. When the tournament that I play is important to me, I only keep one table, but if what I want is to add volume to the game I can play up to 6 tables maximum, but only with the help of a support software so as not to make too many mistakes for lack of reading of opponents. I feel comfortable playing with 4 tables, but it is more than clear that when you play at a single table with maximum concentration there, your decisions will be the most optimal, therefore the results will be better. Cheers!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
when i play cash , i usually dont open more then 4 tables , sometimes 4 is to much so i resume at 2 or 3 tables

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like it when I play at 2 to 3 tables but very often now only play at one. I used to test for some time what it is like to play at 10 tables at the same time and it wasn't as bad as I thought at first. but to stay in my comfort zone, i shouldn't play more than 5 tables. But on ps you can't play more than 4 table games, at least that's true for the German player on pokerstars, whether that's the same for the other countries, I don't know. Before the changeover, I often saw people who sat at at least 20 tables and I also sat at the same table with these players and I didn't notice anything that the time bank was used too often or anything else. I have usually rated such opponents as very good players. Of course, not everyone who can play many tables at once is also a good player and not every good player is at multiple tables at the same time. but everyone should play it the way they like it best and how it suits them best

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Multitable is good for who can play on auto, can keep it up on all tables. Start with 2 and go adding table until u can't keep it up

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you everyone that gave feedback. I am glad I posted this. I have learned some useful information from these comments.
I know it is more profitable and faster to get through the variance when playing multi tables. I will try just doing 2 or 3 tables for a while and see if I can get used to it.

David I remember when I was only playing one table and the thought of adding 1 more was daunting! And I (like yourself) enjoy watching each & every move by every player on the table. I like to discern their playing style(s), & watch all hands through the replayer after seeing them shown at showdown.

Later I finally added another table... and then another & another.
Today I typically 4-table the ZooM, SNAP, FastForward, BLITZ cash tables (sometimes 6-tabling). I'm able to effectively take notes & label players while doing so... but I've probably played over 5million hands online now.

In tournaments I'm lagging behind. I don't play them very often and typically sticking to micro/low stakes online. But even then if I'm playing less than 6 to 8 tables I'm feeling guilty of letting myself down. With a bit of practice I'm certain I could get back up to playing 12-tourneys at a time with hopes of getting in 35 to 40 in a day. (< maybe in November)

BUT it's always best to play fewer tables vs. too many (imo).

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 2 tables, because if just 1 I'm sitting around waiting for hands I'm not playing in a bit too often for my liking. More than 2 and it's just a little too hectic to be any fun, but that's just me.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

It is difficult for the average player to succeed at playing on several tables at the same time, especially if he is irritable and reactive, because if something goes wrong on one of the tables, he will often be eliminated at all the tables. So it's a good idea for every player to know their poker level and not risk their money. For me I'm good at focusing on one table, and if I have to I don't go beyond two tables. Good luck everyone

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 table I think don't worth time
I would prefer multi tabling rather that 1 single table

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon..Well, it depends on each player.In my case I feel comfortable playing up to 4 tables at once.I feel bored playing 1 or even 2 tables at the same time.It also depends on the device you use for your poker sessions.The smaller your device is, the less tables you will be able to play.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm like you, I've been single tabling for a long time but it's something that has to change, for me! as I want to increase earnings, I'm just forced to atm because of laptop. As far as focus, it also makes sense to single table but a few more tables may help with anxiety :) weirdly

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play multi table only at 6max cash play money to practice.

I like it cause there's lots of action.

And even though I use a HUD it's way harder to read other players and even harder cause it's play money.

Since I've been playing mostly freerolls I kind of forgot how to do it haha.