Losing players, blame the software ..

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, what do you think or what advice would you give to those players who live blaming poker rooms for being scams or that they are fixed? It happens to me very often to see these types of publications on social networks, especially in poker groups on Facebook, people who upload how they lost and say that everything is fixed, that it is a scam. What is the point of continuing to play if you feel robbed? Don't they realize that poker is not won by luck? I read your opinions

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People think that they deserve to win. That the percentage should always go their way. I went all in with AA and should double up every time. Some people do win more than they should at times because they have luck on their side. It is luck to get the right card at the right time. Some people are pure aggression and get mad when others beat them at their own game. It takes patience and smart plays.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing players have to find a reason why their losing,,,,it can't be them,,,it just can't lol :deal:

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, what do you think or what advice would you give to those players who live blaming poker rooms for being scams or that they are fixed? It happens to me very often to see these types of publications on social networks, especially in poker groups on Facebook, people who upload how they lost and say that everything is fixed, that it is a scam. What is the point of continuing to play if you feel robbed? Don't they realize that poker is not won by luck? I read your opinions

Ive said it before....many times

You immediately know someone’s level when they say sites are rigged

They don’t win so it must be fixed.

I just laugh at them. I said to another CC member recently that there’s no shame in being new to online. None. But don’t confuse that with running your mouth over a $.02/.$.04 table you can’t just run over.

I’d say just quit online poker. And if that happened here.......I wonder how many “players” this place would actually lose because most of the threads are clearly newcomers asking questions and obvious rookies at the World Expert Level when it comes to spotting fixed games.

Probably not good for the CC bottom line. Can you claim your forum is the best when you lose 70,000 rookies who don’t know how to play so they scream “rigged”?

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the player does not seek to improve his game, studying and correcting his flaws, thinking about the long term and not specifically about a hand, it would be better to play live. If all software met the expectations of each player, there would be no losers (This type of game simply does not exist).

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes, I have read the same scam complaint in many facebook groups.
They are players who do not understand variance in poker.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Their whining and stupid, senseless and baseless arguments annoys me.
They believe that they are so great so since they cannot win that it must be rigged.
They say it is all rigged but yet still they continue to play.
They are not only on social media but there are plenty of them on this forum too.
I no longer bother arguing with anyone like this. I either ignore them completely or I give them the W (win) and agree with them it is rigged to move on or away from topic. There are much better things to do than to waste time arguing with idiots.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who believe that poker rooms are fraud cannot be convinced otherwise. It doesn't matter what mathematical examples you are willing to give. The bad beats were too painful for them.
Sadly, only time can heal.

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a endless issue or conspiracy theory whatever you want to call it that will never go away some people are stubborn and stuck on their beliefs im not going to say it has not crossed my mind like others when nothing is going your way but just watch some high stakes poker live or online poker pro's lose thousands even hundreds of thousands all the time with bad beats when they are massive favourite's in a hand so do not feel too bad when you lose a freeroll or micro stakes event, it happens..

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also can read a lot of conspiracy theories about rigged online poker.
But well, poker is not chess game. Even if you have percentage and odds on your side you can lose.
I can understand it is sometimes tough to accept that your AA are cracked 6 times in a single day but it is poker.
If you don't admit the variance, especially in MTT, so take a break with online poker or try to improve your personal level.
There is no other way IMO. Claim that poker sites are rigged leads nowhere

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the player does not seek to improve his game, studying and correcting his flaws, thinking about the long term and not specifically about a hand, it would be better to play live. If all software met the expectations of each player, there would be no losers (This type of game simply does not exist).

I do not think the solution to the problem is to play live, if you are a loser online, it is very likely that you will also lose live, you will lose at a slower pace, possibly since live you will only play one table at a time and will have fewer hands per hour of play . That may make you feel like you are losing less and it would be a double mistake.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think the solution to the problem is to play live, if you are a loser online, it is very likely that you will also lose live, you will lose at a slower pace, possibly since live you will only play one table at a time and will have fewer hands per hour of play . That may make you feel like you are losing less and it would be a double mistake.

It can be, more than a decade ago I followed a guy, who played on high stakes CG and MTT, both online and live. Pretty long story (it was 2+ years), he did not get the variance factor in online poker, and did not get how he could be the 'looser' one online, meantime won even wsop braclet, and had fix profit in any live CG, MTT, he never mentioned the software, but the RNG. Does not matter. In the end he left the online platforms, and he is still a profitable live player.

Otherwise, I mostly blame for RNG, too - even I know where I am profitable, it happens there, too - as it really makes so unbelievable long runs, bad-beats, call it however you want, that should happen once in a lifetime, but not in every few months. And somehow it never goes like that to my direction. (Even if it would, I do not play out of range, odds hands for the river 1-2 cards through weeks.) Next to that, I am still profitable on some level, type of poker, but I never can go next to this RNG factor without a word, as it is definitely exist, giving an extra factor compare to live poker. And how I recognized, some players count and play for it by purpose, as it cannot be they are on tilt all the time - as nothing else explanation left for their moves, no range, odds, nothing, except being on tilt or count with any kind of run or RNG pattern - and still they are profitable players, even belong to the highest ones.
Pretty annoying, unbelievable series, runs happened only online with me, plenty times, what I've never experienced live. Joe Peschi could punch the dealer, I can hit just the desk....:confused:

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It seems to me that first of all you should pay attention to your own actions and actions. One of the sages remarked that " you can only understand the system if you get out of it." But this is not given to everyone.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still not convinced that there is absolutely no rigging in online poker. Sometimes things happen that make you wonder.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It is a question that I have repeatedly asked myself several times. but I am inclined to think that it is not so. or at least I want to think so. otherwise poker would be a terrible disappointment .. but even so, poker will always open topics for debate

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blaming the software is quite childish. Even we assume poker software is rigged for action, or helping weaker hands - 2 most common complains among players, it is still the same for everyone. Every grinder gets that treatment, but some keep winning while others keep complaining.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not one of those who blames the sites when I lose, which I do a lot (lose, not blame others). But I completely disagree with your premise that "poker is not won by luck".

The thing is - it absolutely is NOT "rigged", unless it's rigged against everyone. Everyday I see a LOT of hands go the wrong way. But they go the wrong way against everybody. Maybe I play too much and see too much. Don't ask me how I explain that - I don't, other than to call it "luck". Sometimes you're lucky. Sometimes I'm lucky. But with rapidly increasing blinds you're NOT going to win any bigger tournaments unless you're lucky enough times and at the right times.

Luck means getting the right cards with other players who also have good cards at the same time, hitting those cards with an opponent who feels good enough about his hand to risk a lot of his chips, and ultimately hitting your draw (or winning your flip), or not losing to an opponent who completes his draw. You NEED to win a few when you're the underdog (i.e., get lucky), as well as the important hands when you're ahead (i.e., stay lucky).

Skill gets you to the point where you need to get & stay lucky. You can use your skill to increase the amount that you win because you got/stayed lucky.

How do the pros make a living playing online poker? If any actually do, it beats the heck out of me how they do it. But honestly, when a "pro" starts coaching/training or blogging or vlogging or twitching instead of playing full-time I have to ask why?

Last edited:
LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically, these players show their AA and QC, they can still show in the program what percentage of winnings they had on the preflop and that those who pinned them with the jack of the queen are stupid people, they believe that such hands can not lose or AK. I was once one of those people))) But after I accepted it and stopped being upset about losing like that it became much easier to play) In addition, now that I have identified such players at the tables, I can use this to my advantage. For example if I know that a player makes 3 bb with high or medium aces I can call his raise with a pocket 57 for example and I need to get trips or two pairs on the flop with my feed cards which gives me about 80 percent to win before the turn is revealed. So now I'm one of those players who can get poop thrown at pokerstars))) I did not consider the importance of notes before, and I regret that I did so little during all this time.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Losing players have to find a reason why their losing,,,,it can't be them,,,it just can't lol :deal:

This is quite funny (or sad) i guess until you see that kind of people in cardchat games :bebored:

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if bad players dont make excuses for losing then they cant justify playing so the "online is rigged" line gives them room to keep donking it off.... ill take it

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not one of those who blames the sites when I lose, which I do a lot (lose, not blame others). But I completely disagree with your premise that "poker is not won by luck".

The thing is - it absolutely is NOT "rigged", unless it's rigged against everyone. Everyday I see a LOT of hands go the wrong way. But they go the wrong way against everybody. Maybe I play too much and see too much. Don't ask me how I explain that - I don't, other than to call it "luck". Sometimes you're lucky. Sometimes I'm lucky. But with rapidly increasing blinds you're NOT going to win any bigger tournaments unless you're lucky enough times and at the right times.

Luck means getting the right cards with other players who also have good cards at the same time, hitting those cards with an opponent who feels good enough about his hand to risk a lot of his chips, and ultimately hitting your draw (or winning your flip), or not losing to an opponent who completes his draw. You NEED to win a few when you're the underdog (i.e., get lucky), as well as the important hands when you're ahead (i.e., stay lucky).

Skill gets you to the point where you need to get & stay lucky. You can use your skill to increase the amount that you win because you got/stayed lucky.

How do the pros make a living playing online poker? If any actually do, it beats the heck out of me how they do it. But honestly, when a "pro" starts coaching/training or blogging or vlogging or twitching instead of playing full-time I have to ask why?

My publication is more oriented to the long term, that is to say the player who always loses, obviously that to win a tournament of many people you need to maintain a luck during it, but what I wanted to raise is for a considerable time. I believe that in the long term luck disappears and skill prevails. The player who was lucky one day will surely end up losing everything he won that day. On the other hand, the one who plays well may have days of bad luck, but in the long run he will end up imposing his ability and he will win. Whoever does not understand that is going astray.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Our brains are always keep bad things for long term in memory and forget good things very fast.
This fact apply in poker too, always is hard to forget a bad beat and that's some people are blaming the poker site, RNG and stuffs like that

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly 888 and pokerstars have fairly decent players i have seen some outrageous hands on both of these softwares but yes anybody can win and DON'T believe they are rigged, ultimately..

S

sportswiz247

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
Yes, I have read the same scam complaint in many facebook groups.
They are players who do not understand variance in poker.

They probably also think 7-2 is a good starting hand.

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amateur poker players often are in the lead 60/40 and when they lose start crying. They go All In AK with 100 BB , get a call from even worse player who has 78 and think they have large advantage. In reality this is flip whether you like it or not.