Is it hard to stop when you lose?

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, i will quite often stop playing for days, sometimes weeks, when i lose or when i feel like i'm not running great. The worst thing you could possibly do, is to chase losses. If you are trying to chase money back, then this affects any rational decisions.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No it's not impossible to stop loss , it only depends if you are or not disciplined

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Sad story, the important thing is to be able to maintain balance, we need to know when to stop or to continue. This is easy in theory but in practice it complicates everything. In the game, not falling into the famous tilt moment is crucial. Of course, we don't always win, too, sometimes cards or other factors don't win us.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lol I take it as a sigh the card gods don’t want me to play today, so I take a break and maybe come back several hours later or the next day. Playing to recoup your losses after losing to me is a bad mind frame to be in. What do we say to the face of the tilt demon? Not today… lol

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most of us don't know how to manage money. Big money or small, it doesn't matter. It's all discipline.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not hard to stop, be philosophical and try another day

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes it is very hard . for me at least . whenever i lose i get angry and want to win it back and then can not stop playing and then either i do win it back or sometimes lose even more . but sometimes i am able to stop

i think it is a very important skill to have if you want to be a good poker player . to know when to stop or when to take a break for a while

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To know when to stop is one of the basic rules in poker.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is probably the most difficult thing in poker, to stop in time and stop playing so as not to lose again.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you mean definitely has to do with emotional control. And yes it is hard. Even I had problems in my early days to stop as soon as I made losses. Beginners should only play freerolls in my opinion.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If i ever lose i will let you know

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker lovers.
I recently read articles about the lucky players of the Sunday Million. I decided to share one story that I am not able to understand.

We are talking about a player from Russia: I7AXA. Let me tell you, it was in 2011.
The player finished 2nd in the Sunday Million and won $150,000. Not bad. But the story doesn't end there.
I tried to find something about this guy. As it turned out, the player clearly did not shine, and was in the red by $7,500.

So what surprised me?
I7AXA did not use the money, but went to play at high limits. In less than a day, he lost everything. What? Is it really that hard to stop?

Why do you think this happened?
Yes sometimes it is because you get aggravated and want to recoup what you have lost. It happens

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This should not happen. He obviously seems to have had a gambling problem. Probably everything happened so fast that he didn't even manage to realize his profit. I think after such a profit you should pay out the majority, travel and let everything sink in first.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Is that real, that you can lose 150k in a day, even if u play highest stakes ? It seems unreal to me.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
its hard question to answer, because everyone is deferent ;p but i think that most of people had problem with tilting and loosing all money that had to spend ;p

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello poker lovers.
I recently read articles about the lucky players of the Sunday Million. I decided to share one story that I am not able to understand.

We are talking about a player from Russia: I7AXA. Let me tell you, it was in 2011.
The player finished 2nd in the Sunday Million and won $150,000. Not bad. But the story doesn't end there.
I tried to find something about this guy. As it turned out, the player clearly did not shine, and was in the red by $7,500.

So what surprised me?
I7AXA did not use the money, but went to play at high limits. In less than a day, he lost everything. What? Is it really that hard to stop?

Why do you think this happened?
It really wasn't smart on his part, he acted like an amateur, for a player who wins 150,000 and doesn't know how to manage that amount, it's hard to believe he's a regular or professional poker player.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t know what prompted him to such a decision, but it was stupid of him, to lose such a huge jackpot you have to be crazy

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Very good question, in the past it was difficult for me to stop after losing a poker game or a tournament, I went to the cash tables and lost much more, sometimes I lost my bankroll. It is not easy to calm frustration, you have to know how to recover from these inconveniences, because if you do not stop it can lead to bankruptcy.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
You always need to know the measure. I set my daily rate before the game, which I won’t be sorry to lose, and there I will win or not, but if I win a good amount, I have to stop and not play at least until the next day

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, i find it hard to stop, everyone wants to get their money back dont they?

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is difficult because many feelings are involved, anger, rage, injustice and when that dominates you it is difficult to have a clear mind, in my case it was with time that I achieved it and surely there are different methods to achieve it faster and not lose money

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its all a head game. you try to get back to that high