COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Good boy! May he continue to win so that he has something to share with us!:)

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Clearly has a problem but at the end of the day it was his choice. Some people have access to more money than sense.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
for some people it is , it was hard to stop for me too , but eventually I manage to control myself and life is good now :)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is actually "problem" with the high paying mtts, anyone can win huge with some luck. I've seen streams of some players who seem to appeared on high stakes after winning something like.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's hard, really, I want to recoup because I feel injustice, or I always lose with the best hand, the hands in online poker are twisted.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello poker lovers.
I recently read articles about the lucky players of the Sunday Million. I decided to share one story that I am not able to understand.

We are talking about a player from Russia: I7AXA. Let me tell you, it was in 2011.
The player finished 2nd in the Sunday Million and won $150,000. Not bad. But the story doesn't end there.
I tried to find something about this guy. As it turned out, the player clearly did not shine, and was in the red by $7,500.

So what surprised me?
I7AXA did not use the money, but went to play at high limits. In less than a day, he lost everything. What? Is it really that hard to stop?

Why do you think this happened?
when I start to lose too much I take the time to do other activities and come back with a rational mind.

A

Akimoto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hello poker lovers.
I recently read articles about the lucky players of the Sunday Million. I decided to share one story that I am not able to understand.

We are talking about a player from Russia: I7AXA. Let me tell you, it was in 2011.
The player finished 2nd in the Sunday Million and won $150,000. Not bad. But the story doesn't end there.
I tried to find something about this guy. As it turned out, the player clearly did not shine, and was in the red by $7,500.

So what surprised me?
I7AXA did not use the money, but went to play at high limits. In less than a day, he lost everything. What? Is it really that hard to stop?

Why do you think this happened?Easy to

Easy to lose concentration when you are not winning regularly.

B

barstool

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard sometimes, specially after a bad beat or felling unfair about something. And best thing is really to just close the App and go do something in real life for a couple of hours or days. Just take your head away of Poker.

And only come back to Poker when you feel you are missing the action in a good way. =)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you keep in mind that everything is part of the game it should not affect you.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy, I deposit very little money, the money ends, the game ends.

A

alfieboss1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
When you lose and notice you are on tilt or feel the need to ‘win back what you lost’. My best advice is to not play for at least the rest of the day. Easier said then done to most.

I would also advise to set limits too. So if for example your limit is $200 for the day, and if you lose $200. You physically cannot cash more as your pokerstars limit won’t let you.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes it's really hard to stop with no matter if you win or lose. It's excitement. But we must always remember that you can win 100 times, and after that you can lose only onсe "covering'' all previous wins. Let's be careful! ;)

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello poker lovers.

So what surprised me?

I believe he must have set a goal (greater than the one he achieved in the tournament) but unfortunately he couldn't reach it and fell along the way...

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he wanted to dabble his feet, why not sit at a table with 2k and see what happens. But even that is a jump to much higher stakes than he should be playing. Obviously knows nothing about bankroll management. He probably won the small fortune as carelessly as he lost it.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps the player had a feeling of invincibility and endless luck, which carried him into games clearly not by bankroll, I think there are many such cases in the world, everyone has their own choice.

dead_in_sight

dead_in_sight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
no i easily stop playing after loose
you need to have self control

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my case, I set a limit, when I go to a poker house, I only take the buy-in, losing or winning I leave, I don't usually stay long. online I try to play more freerolls, when I go to the real money tables, I also determine a value that I will play, losing that value I stop. Persist is stupid

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better to determine for yourself the amount that you can lose per day and not step over it

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some people is very hard, especially if they win something big, there is always that sentiment that good luck will come back

Last edited:
kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think controlling your limit and buyins is an important aspect of being a good poker player. If you would be an profitable player on the long run you must control your emotions. That is very hard but its divids good players from excellent players.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello poker lovers.

So what surprised me?

To me it is easy to stop when it goes bad but I am personally not a gambler and that is helpful. Some people see the winning online as just a number and dont think about it as money. There are some people who win big and then think they are so much better than they really are and that does not help either. There are also story that go the opposite way. Some guy won big and finished like 3rd in a bit event. It was his 1st live and and was for a big cash. After he was knocked out he announced he was done playing live. That win set up him for a better life and he was happy. If this were to happen to me I would never give up live poker but I would do much the same as him. I would use my winning for my family and retirement and not move to bigger limits. Many are not like me on that for sure.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker lovers.

So what surprised me?

I think it's not uncommon for players to make 'good' money and want to turn it into life changing money. There are probably a number of stories like this that get hidden by players getting backed, and being in deep make up but still playing high stakes. The takeaway here should be the importance of bankroll management and dropping stakes when you need to, even if you drop a couple zeros from that win it's the same concept.

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
no i easily stop playing after loose
you need to have self control

But it's not easy for everyone of course u should stop if you are tilt
Sometimes I have the same problem and play very aggresive and loose more and more :/
I have to learn to stop if i'm tilt but thats the reason i only play micro stakes

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hello poker lovers.

So what surprised me?

He wanted to win more.That s why he couldn't stop and maybe a gambler too