If you drunk..? You play or go sleep?

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your first like is thanks to me! Congrats on your first like! Alcohol seems to help my game. If alcohol makes your cards blurry, it's useless. If you're able to unwind and feel relaxed, then yes, have a few drinks. In a live game, it's good karma to buy drinks if you're winning.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you drink alcohol is messing your brain and your decisions are questionable. Even now I having a beer right now and taking into consideration to play $0.55 Hot at PS but every time I do that I play very loose because of the...you know
And the conclusion is that this is a bad idea :).

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mentally and emotionally makes a difference on how well you perform. I'd rather not waste my time if both are not in check. Rather being doing numerous other activities while drinking than setting a computer playing poker. What a waste of a buzz!

Totally agree with you. I can't understand why people drink while playing poker or fishing, for example. These activities should provide enough entertainment already, and drinking just alters the quality of such experiences in a diminishing way, by numbing one's senses.

On the other hand, drinking a few beers surrounded by friends, engaging in amicable conversation - that's in my opinion an example of putting the buzz to a good use :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thank God I do not get drunk !!! smokers am a healthy !!!:)

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most of the time no! but if its just for fun like spin n gos then i might, but i almost never, specially when i am playing a tournment.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what you think if you drunk (a little) can you win or not stability, today i play many times i win in tournament( from freerolls) $2,5 and after drink little of vodka in spin tourn i win two times $2, after i take $13 from cash, and after i cannot win in more big cash tourn... 25 hands i nave only 3-4 5-8 etc. lose all now. when you play what you drink and how you now that you need stop?:confused: maybe its only in online games. when i play in real poker face to face its not the same
if I drink too much playing poker, I do not pay much attention to the game as well as always doze off, so I prefer to play sober.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what you think if you drunk (a little) can you win or not stability
I do not think you can continue to win drunk. Why not try it? Get drunk more times and play. I hope you are at my table! :beer:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol in many situations in life can ruin you and your endeavors. I went through it.
everything else that affects your brain is disastrous
one Finnish drunk player lost several million dollars in a session. Is this a reason for laughs and jokes?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From experience. When I'm drunk, it's better not to play poker. Everything ends badly. :)

A

a9h0r1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A small amount of alcohol, such as glass of wine, can relieve mental stress. But also ethanol reduces critical thinking and prevent adequately assess the situation in the game. The choice is ours.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in this case, i play a sit go...short term...

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lead a healthy image of Life, I'm not smoking and drink alcohol, therefore "drunk" this is not about me! But what any tasty desserts this is my: charged a sweet and tasty, and let's go to play in favorite Poker with the great mood! But I'm will not rong discuss who use alcohol... As saying: " To everyone is own!" May be alcohol sometimes helping someone... Main, in the right time to stop,
and not falling in abyss infinitely...:rolleyes:

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play sober, and always set a goal for yourself. For example won 50 dollars - finished for today. The next stage can be 100 150 200. Then you'll know exactly when to finish

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess, it depends, what you mean by "drunk"? If you are to intoxicated to drive a car, then playing poker can hardly be a good idea either. And neither can it be a good idea to play poker, if you are so tired, that your alternative is to go to sleep :)

I guess, it also depend, how serious you are. I would probably not drink any alcohol while playing the Sunday Million, if I won a ticket for it. But if I want to relax with a glass of wine and some micro stakes poker after work, I dont see that as a huge deal. Just be aware, that it probably does hurt your winrate, even if its only slightly.

n1ckoftime

n1ckoftime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its best if I go to sleep in these spots

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way...

No way for me .... I only drink alcohol playing if it is a home game with friends .... official tournments I will always be playing without alcohol ;)
rgds

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go sleep!

what you think if you drunk (a little) can you win or not stability, today i play many times i win in tournament( from freerolls) $2,5 and after drink little of vodka in spin tourn i win two times $2, after i take $13 from cash, and after i cannot win in more big cash tourn... 25 hands i nave only 3-4 5-8 etc. lose all now. when you play what you drink and how you now that you need stop?:confused: maybe its only in online games. when i play in real poker face to face its not the same
I already had some drunk playing experiences and I got bad. I was encouraged to call a lot of bad hands. stupidity!

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have drank thru out the night and maintain winning many times but, I now prefer not to drink since sometimes you make more mistakes. I also have play 24 hours straight which I also now rather to play about 10 hours then catch some sleep

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play when I'm drunk. Either play or drink, together is incompatible

L

lakbarracas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if I'm drunk I don't play If I play, I don't drink

The same if I have a personal problem or I am not calm

D

DREVESINO922

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm drunk on some disappointments in myself !!!! I play and then regret it)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SLEEP ! Alcohol and poker bank rolls do not mix lol. I have plenty of friends that have ruined a lot of hard work, with a few hours of drunken degeneracy ! It's best to stay away from the tables while drinking the suds imo !