How not to make mistakes in the game?

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very often distracted during the game and when I come back the game does not work at all, I make a lot of mistakes. How often do you get distractions while playing? On returning, the game does not go, how to recover and not make mistakes?:confused:

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd guess that it's impossible not to make any mistake at all, but you can try hard to make less mistakes than your opponents, then you may make a profit!

Last edited:
E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mental game of poker is a very undervalued part of your game that I don't think people work on enough.

For starters I think it's a good thing that you've noticed that you're falling into the pattern of not playing well after you get distracted.

Depending on what game type you are playing I would say it might just be best to start to not start playing again if you feel you're going to be easily distracted and from there you can begin to work on improving your focus.

One of the first things I would do is remove all distractions when playing. Poker can be a slow grind and your brain will want to fimd something to do, the fewer options you give yourself to become distracted by the less discipline you'll need to retain focus (eg, if you have to open up a browser window as well as go to youtube t find a song you'll be less likely to do it as opposed to when you already have it open in the back ground,

Secondly I recommend you start looking for some youtube videos or other form a media that talks about how to improve your focus. This can either be from general teachers or from people who have a background in poker.

I also think it's important to realize what poker is, It's an incredibly complex game played for money. And advantage you can gain for yourself will help add to your profits in the long run, if you're not able to focus you're giving other players a BIG advantage in a game where the purpose it to win all you money!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also sometimes get distracted from poker because playing poker is a slow game. Sometimes, especially at freerolls, I also watch videos on YouTube. But all this does not prevent me from keeping my desk up to date. Prioritize what matters most to you and stick to your goal.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's impossible to make 0 mistakes .
It's important to avoid distractions like phone calls and notifications, TV while playing and so on

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will make mistakes anyway, no matter how hard you try. The point is to learn from them and not to repeat them.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you distracted from the game or are you being distracted from the game ? It is very important.
If you are not alone at home, then warn all people in advance that you will be very busy and that you will not be disturbed under any circumstances.
If you get distracted during the game, then train yourself )).

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you yourself and no one bothers you, then you need perseverance and constancy. Work them out in yourself.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is much like tennis in that regard. You WILL make mistakes, as do the pros (in most tennis matches, the unforced errors outnumber the winners). It is not just a matter of the number of mistakes, but when you make them...and the key is to make different mistakes each time. You should learn from your mistakes so you do not make the same ones over again.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will see time after time, that maybe the circumstances are not with you, you should focus on the game that you are playing with a cold head. Its a brain game, so as soon as you don't feel yourself concetrated or comfortable, worth to stop to that period, and come back when you're ready to continue.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its inpossable to never get distracted or make mistakes. It can happen to anyone. All you can do is do your best to not play if things are going on that could distract you and help increase the likelihood of making a mistake.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Condition yourself to slow down, even when the decision is straightforward, and make sure you cover all possibilities. This can assist you to not be hasty.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely impossible not to make mistakes, but what is possible is to learn from your mistakes and lessen it

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you distracted from the game or distracted from the game? It is very important.
If you are not at home alone, then warn everyone in advance that you will be very busy and under no circumstances will be disturbed.
If you are distracted during the game, then train)).

Everyone immediately needs something from me))

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only the one who does not do anything is not mistaken. You need to strive to reduce the number of mistakes.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're human no matter how good you are of a human being you will make mistakes in life. The same applies to poker because poker is a game of life. What you can do is try to make less mistakes

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We'll always make mistakes. We've to reduce it.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can reduce but not make no.

The more mistakes you reduce the more skills you have.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
impossible not to make any mistakes just learned from it and minimize it

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As we see poker is always evolving, new strategies are coming day after day.

And no mistake? Is it really possible?

But let's say you get the hang of GTO.

You might reduce your mistakes right?

If you know how to hand read villains, calculate stuff like equity, odds and such...

You might reduce your mistakes right?

I believe study and practice should go along.

Which obviously, if you're studying your practices you're tackling your leaks, at least you should be.

And by doing that you might reduce your mistakes also.

There's lots of resources at the WWW, just go after it.

Heck, we're right here taking advantage of it at CC.

So let's strive for the impossible and achieve no mistakes at the felt.

Hurray hehehe...

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have it because of lack of money! I'm forced to play the wrong games that I'm interested in! When I play important tournaments I don't get distracted!

K

krzysiek1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
!st of all u need to be rest as much as its possible ! when im tired im making huge amount of mistakes : /

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very often distracted during the game and when I come back the game does not work at all, I make a lot of mistakes. How often do you get distractions while playing? On returning, the game does not go, how to recover and not make mistakes?:confused:

You can't avoid "mistakes", you can only reduce. I prefer to play in late evenings, nights - if daytime, always with headset. So the outside world doesn't exist. The distractions are limited for me. I just can't stop after 8-10 tourneys in a session, if i am out within several hours from all. What probably i should do - even sometimes, the 30-40th tourney/day make it profitable or breakeven...

Not so often get distractions. Usually in long sessions, insane runs vs. me, when a session lasts till early morning, morning, sometimes i play CG - mostly as a side thing when not enough tourney runs -, what earlier or later always makes me upset, distract by time.

Recovering? Don't know what exactly you mean. You are going to make mistakes again and again - doesnt matter it is poker or anything else. Everybody does. You can reduce, i try to close out the outside world, not only in poker. (Generally, it is your life, game, the distractors have no business with that.)

Anyway, you are original, so probably it is your business to find it out, you are the one who can answer for that exactly.

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration is very important in this case concentrate 100% on the table and players leave your cell phone or anything else for later.

Top 10 Games