How many tables are you comfortable with?

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do 2 Zoom tables or 4 regular tables. It all depends on whether I'm feeling in the zone or not. Some days I feel amazing and will do 4 Zoom tables.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
2 tables max , very rarelly 3 , but 1 table is far more preferable nowadays and I want to try playing only one .
The reason for this is cause nowadays I want to be more carefull watching other's moves seeking for tells , also to make better decisions (make less mistakes and learn from them ) and try to improve my game overall .
I hope in the future to become a better player and be able to play more tables and more efficiently than now :)

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Up to 12

But between 4-6 is usually the most optimal for me

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to lean towards playing slightly more exspoitivly.... thus I keep my tables low. Right now I feel most comfertable with 3-4 depending on the sites I'm playing on and the amount of time to act. This allows me to still keep an eye on all the tables and player tenancies to allow me to exsploit them....

If I'm down to 1 or 2 I told to over think hands, and get myself into tough spot cause I over anylize them.... on the flip side I have been know to go had high as 6-9 when playing a bunch of super micro games that I feel comfortable just playing basic ABC poker. Without needing to pay a lot of attention to player types, cause I'm under the assumption they will make a mistake before I will, they call everything so there isnt a need to find bluff spots, they dont bet unless they have it, and if they do bet, and it's an abnormal amount I know they either have a Monster or nothing at all. In these cases I just check my HUD real quick to gage range and act accordingly. Since these are super micros I dont mind making a hero call, and be wrong cause aim not losing much in comparision to my BR.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play only on one table, because i can focus more, ive tried multible tables, but seems like multitasking is not for me if i put my own money in. And also i usually play on 15.6 laptop, then too small screen to handle multible tables.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel the best with 2 but I can easily do 6 tables but you need more concentration and you can't look up to phone or watch some show while playing.

D

Dallas4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the site cause i can play up to 4 or even 6 tables at one time

I feel the best with 2 but I can easily do 6 tables but you need more concentration and you can't look up to phone or watch some show while playing.
but i feel comfotible with running two tables at one time

I usually play only on one table, because i can focus more, ive tried multible tables, but seems like multitasking is not for me if i put my own money in. And also i usually play on 15.6 laptop, then too small screen to handle multible tables.
i play one table if its a huge tourney and how much its worth but little ones ill play 2 or 3 at a time

Up to 12

But between 4-6 is usually the most optimal for me
i again with you i can play the same amount of tables myself at one time

I get bored with 1 so I do play 2. I need to take it back to one though, in live poker you would only play one, its better for focuse:0)
i agree one table is very boring two or more tables is more exciting

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kalvink

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Whats a good way to build your bankroll? I always kinda go up and down with mine. How do i take my game and bankroll to the next level? Any ideas and help will be appreciated

scaleyback

scaleyback

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats a good way to build your bankroll? I always kinda go up and down with mine. How do i take my game and bankroll to the next level? Any ideas and help will be appreciated
What format are you playing? Are you sticking to 1 buyin level or do you just play whatever you fancy at the time? If you are playing SNGs or MTTs what is your ROI?

To take your game and roll to the next level you need to find your preferred format and stick to it. What is your current bankroll strategy. A common mistake (IMO) that a lot of people make is they have a decent result then decide to use the profit to move up or take shots at a higher level. Even if I won the Sunday Milly I would most likely stick to the level I am currently comfortable playing then move up when I feel I can beat the next level.

What are you doing study wise? Do you review your sessions the next day to find leaks in your game? Do you post in the strategy sections of this forums or other forums? Are you following any courses or programs? All of these things can help but everyone is different.

scaleyback

scaleyback

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To respond to the OP, I tend to play 4-6 MTTs at once. As others have said they do, I like to be able to play exploitative which I dont think is possible with any more tables as I am not focused on the actions of other players, It becomes almost robotic with any more tables which can be exploited by others. It works for me having lots of deep runs especially on smaller poker rooms.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to run about 6 max. sometimes 8. It makes it hard to make the right decisions without a HUD because you are forced to act so quickly and so often. It really just boils down to what you are comfortable with. for me its 6.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the opposite when only at one table. even as you watch. many tables are a minus for me

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back when I played on FTP all the time, I used to play 14 at a time. I always shrunk the tables to palm size and filled the entire computer monitor with them. I miss playing there.

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just 2 or 3 tables... It get hard when you are on a final table with 2 or 3 people an have other tables!!

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about three or four tables at the same time and listen to all transfers on YouTube, and I feel comfortable playing.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play freerolls and some good profitable buy-in tourneys, I try to play every tourney I can join so it could be even 30+ tables on different sites (sometimes it hard to place them even though I have two 1600x900 monitors), but when I play cash games I try not to play more than 6-8 tables at a time, cash games takes more attention and concenrate than free tourneys.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel comfortable playing on 2 tables at the time. If i am going to move up in stakes i would probably try just on one table first.

L

LenkasS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi , i like to play 6 tables on one screen , sometimes i play with two screens :)

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How on earth can you play more than one table? I have tried playing 2 and 4 tables at once but I cant handle it. Get too confused. To play a decent game I stick to one table. I find my best concentration that way. Good luck.

feel exactly the same. I awe to those who can play multi tables...

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 2 tables,I think,the game play more tables does not make sense,you don't have time to follow the game,and eventually draining

C

Cbob1195

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-4 max and 4 I struggle to assess the situations fast enough. trying to watch everyone and decide who's the fish etc so 3 im good with 4 is pushing it for me

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel comfortable with 4 tables in 6-max so far. I plan to reach 6 tables in few days since I'm going to get a new screen.