How many tables to play?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play at 6 tables, once I tried to play at 10 tables, it was hard.The reason why I play a lot of tables is that I play about 12 tournaments per night if not more,that there would be more chances to go far in some of the tournaments.It is better to play many tables and look for luck in them than in one. Of course, everything depends on the bankroll.

T

TetraTap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Max 4

Usually just 2-3

That way you can pay attention to all the tables and notice tendencies of players. Since I play on GGpoker and HUDS aren't allowed - that's where the big edge comes in to play - you're not being told by a script how to play spots.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 3 tables at the same time if I am playing MTT or Sit & Go, but if I play cash I play only 2 tables at the same time :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had tried several tables as well, but I see 3-6 tables plenty enough for me.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 is good, if you are asking do you need more then answer is don`t

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 at most, I don't think I'm able to manage 3 yet.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on Wednesday, I played at two tables.And made mistakes. Probably if I played for one - the result would be different.It seems to me that the ability to play at multiple tables depends on the speed of thinking.But the result of quick thinking is different for everyone.

A

ankoum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing on 2 tables is enough for me, 3 I make too many mistakes and I manage my time badly.

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have done 12 tables but I'm comfortable at 8 and do good if I need to implement another part of my game I go down to 4 tables and train on what I want to master.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 3 monitors so laying out the tables is pretty easy.

I'll play up to 8, but usually between 2-6 at a time depending on whats available. These are a combination of games from freerolls to abou $6.60 at the moment I am playing PLO8 while playing NLH, Which is easier wtih just two tables, but I will do this up to 8 tables if there are enough cheap games.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I just started to play Poker and therefore I only go at most with two tables. That's it. If open more than I start to do mistake, lose time of my hand and get confusion reads.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play two to three tables at a time so I can pay attention of what’s going on. Anything more than that I make mistakes.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! If I'm not distracted by anything, I can play 4-6 tables. I often think for a long time about the distribution, so I don't have time for more tables, I start to hurry and get angry. But my husband plays much better than me and he plays a huge number of tables, there are more than 20 if he plays sng, and if he plays tournaments, then 10-12! If he has fewer tables, then he is bored, because he makes decisions quickly. I'm shocked with it.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play the best 1-3 tables. Sometimes I play 6 at once, it doesn't turn out very well and the concentration is not the same. But one table to play is very boring now))

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 2-3 tables at max, because only this way I can be focused enough and don't stress out.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play tournaments. I do okay with 4 or 5 tables but that's pretty much my limit. After that not so good.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good day!
On average I play 3 tables, sometimes 4, but it often happens that there is not enough concentration! :(:(:(

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think 3-4 are the most you can play and have good results. The concentration to the games is better and you can watch more of the informations from the games. You can enjoy the games much better like this!

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a while I played 4-7 tables and mixed in MTTs sometimes.

Recently cut back to 4 tables of cash (sometimes range of 3-5) also don't mix MTTs with cash at same time and noticed an almost overnight improvement.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably up to 9 effectively - while I can play more I tend to auto-pilot a lot and some people take advantage.

More tables equals more hands and more profit. Also less time waiting for a hand to play!

Good luck! :D

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play from 8 to 12 cash tables, but after restrictions from pokerstars I have to play only four. And 6 tables are standard at 888.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The truth is, despite I am able to play several tables at once, to give my 100% I handle maximum 2.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play 6-12 tables now for fun, but early i played 15-20 ( when i play poker like a job_)

P

PokerZone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if is Fast Fold or Ring or 6 max.

Fastfold like Snap: 2 (for 2 hours max) plus 1 or 2 ring

Ring: 4 if alert, 3 if tired (4 hour max)

6 max: 3 tops until I play it more often (3hours max)

All refer to NLHE, with a mix of cash and MTTs for 4 hours max before a break.

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5-7 sometimes.but 4 enough for me =)