How many mouse do you break in a year while playing poker?

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I am using my 3rd mouse within 8-10 months, I wonder, do they have so short lives in others' hands, too?
Never. Do you play too high level when you get nervous so easily?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never broke anything because of poker, but can’t say that I never thought about doing that..lol

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. Do you play too high level when you get nervous so easily?

Not about level, but long days, weeks ongoing incredible runs, bad beat series, 1-2% backdoor beats, river magics etc. in important situations....

When you relegate 20th+ time in a row in FT bubble with preflop 80-20%+ winning chance that creates some emotions...

the breaking mouse was the top of a 2 months+ crazy run vs me.... know profitable cg players, whose just accept it as part of the game.... :)

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I am using my 3rd mouse within 8-10 months, I wonder, do they have so short lives in others' hands, too?

I also 'managed' to break a hard-drive in this period, just hitting the desk, next to the laptop...

Generally, I am curious, how often and how much do you spend for computer equipments, related to playing online poker? What do you buy, why?

Within a year, I spent about 180-200$, mouses, head-set. Never would buy the expensive silent ones, if I wouldn't play poker regularly. (Fortunately, the hard-drive had guarantee.)

Have you ever broken any tech, comp stuff because of poker made you upset?
(As I 'executed' one of the mouses, because of some unbelievable river 1-3 outs 'bad-beat' series...)

I broke two laptop several years ago... I cant handle when I lose when I have 80% chance to win in turn. River comes and he/she made the full ...

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has never happened to me. When someone calls my shove on the turn with a 2-outer and hits it then sure, I feel like smashing something, but breaking expensive equipment is not going to help at all. I will drop a couple F Bombs and swear like a sailor.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

only once i slamed in to the table but it didn´t break

lololol

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mouse lives quietly, but a dent from a punch has been aging on the system unit for many years. Thank you pokerstars:)

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol it's been many years since I have broken a mouse but I was once guilty of throwing one across the room. You learn to handle variance better as time goes on :)

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None, never lol I did used to break my control pads in my younger days when I lost at fifa but I just laugh at poker, yesterday somebody called my all in with 10-2 off and cracked my aces by hitting 2 pair and I find that hilarious its just variance the more you laugh at bad beats the less they hurt.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never broke any mouse, keyboard or PC ,no matter how frustrating it can be,I manage to control myself

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never broke anything playing poker!
If I got to that point I would assess how much the game is affecting me and if I need to stop or change!
Bad beats are part of the game, I evaluate my hands and if I played right and the villain paid wrong unfortunately is part of it, now if I messed up I'll fix it! Cheaper than breaking things and better for game evolution!

GL

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoonFortunately,when I used a PC never did it.I prefer to say bad words instead.In the last years I´ve been using a laptop,so everything is ok.You should control your emotions mate.Good luck!

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy cow! A lot of people a lot of you people have incredible self-control. Oh I took my mouse and slammed it against the table or maybe I've said a few swear words.

Knowing that you people are on such control makes me think that I have anger management issues or self-control issues or emotional issues.

Because I haven't just thrown a mouse against the wall, I throw the whole computer against the wall, or throw my cell phone against the wall, or rip the screen right off the laptop.

Nothing is safe, I even picked up the dehumidifier and threw it through the floor, and yeah of course put my fist through the wall a couple times.

It got to the point where I was going into the computer store two or three times a year and when I first introduced myself I asked her if she has any disposable computers. And she said what's a disposable computer I said it's a computer that I can break or rip apart and replace an expensively Lol

B

BlademasterX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dead mice

well, I’m not throwing stuff against the wall, but I did have to buy a couple of new ones recently. Mostly because they’re better and more responsive.

Other than that, no casualties ;)

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't break mice when playing poker ... I play on a tablet or smartphone ... :)

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have broken only one mouse. But since that time I usually play on the phone ))

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I never take my anger out on hardware. It's silly and funny.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have never broke a mouse for computer but have broken many tv remotes over the years

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't broken mouse or keyboard while playing poker. This type of action would just add extra tilt for added expense of replacement

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.I haven't broken a single mouse yet,but the tablet,on the contrary,is full of holes.)

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play without crashing anything.
But I scream very loud when things don't go according to plan :D

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two holes in the walls and gone through 4 mouses.Also one pc, I think, i might need to take anger management.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A new PC each 7-9 years. HD start malfunctioning after the 7 year of use (depends on brand too, I prefer SEAGATE)

I'm currently on the look for a new PC (totally piece by piece build) on the $500-800USD threshold but for this year that would have to wait another year maybe (baby on board) so i hope my current setup (win 7- i5 intel) holds on till march 2022 at least! heheh

And for your question about PokerRage... yes... a mouse that started malfunctioning on me last year at bubble time in a bounty Tournament that costme to sitout AA/ AK/ QQ and some other playable/stacking hands.. so it ended smashed on the top of my desk like a roach by my fake wooded hand ...