How about a chance to insure yourself against a bad game!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I've seen a few live poker games where this sort of thing happens
it would be good to play big money games and tournaments

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I had insured myself against bad play in online poker, I would have earned more than in tournaments.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How should this work?

Insurance usually needs a premium to be able to work, so in the long run, this needs to be clearly -EV.

For example the spin&go insurance at GGPoker costs the same as the buyin and you receive it back when you get the minimum multiplier. But the probably of that happening is slightly less than 50%, so a nice extra return for the site.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How should this work?

Insurance usually needs a premium to be able to work, so in the long run, this needs to be clearly -EV.

For example the spin&go insurance at GGPoker costs the same as the buyin and you receive it back when you get the minimum multiplier. But the probably of that happening is slightly less than 50%, so a nice extra return for the site.

I agree with Andyreas here as there is only one winner with insurance as whoever is taking on the risk is taking a vig so this is -ev overall.

I will add the cash out option also available at GG is the same if you work out the odds and the potential payout is always less than in the long term.

People do this as they want to limit the variance but it would be better to have a larger bankroll so you can handle the swings.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you constantly insure your money, then in the end you will go into the red, better win with a chance when you have one and you'll benefit, it will be more profitable than you will insure so, and big professional players think they are also against such games with money insurance protection

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play in games where you're risking so much of your BR that you have the urge to insure it.

In my opnion this goes the same for people who All-in Cash-out. They are just handing over 1% of their share of the pot because they can't handle variance and are playing with poor BRM.

Then again long live Fish

Top 10 Games