Have you ever missed a game just because you lost your connection?

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes ! This has already happened to me! It's just that for residences, a UPS is very exaggerated, but I've been sitting out until elimination due to lack of connection, and also energy!

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
O yes, and I hate it, one I was playing KO poker and lost connection, but luckily I contact support and they give back the money, but I think it only happens on some kind of games an not in all games

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes i have lost a game when my phone switched from cell data to wifi.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I am generally a very calm person, but something that truly bothers me is when the internet is not working properly, it makes me lose my temper.
I have encountered situations where I couldn't continue playing in tournaments where I was performing well.
Now I make sure to have my cellphone's internet ready in case there is any problem.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, when I had bad internet, it constantly prevented me from playing and turned off and I couldn't play games, including poker, normally, because of this, I lost a lot of chips, but now I have the best internet and I play very well and my Internet is cool and doesn't stop me from playing poker

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Connection and electricity... many, many, many times. More than I want to remember.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it only happens on GGPoker on a regular basis. Support always tells me that they could´t find any problems on their site and therefore they cannot refund anything. Since on GG I´m only playing cent games right now I don´t really bother. Would it be real money, I guess that might be different. At the end I have never lost a deep run in a tournament or a big cashgame pot due to disconnect issues.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, quite a few times, but normally when the poker site itself has gone down, would usually get a share of the field’s money back. Occasional my own connection goes.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
YES and I had pocket AA,s at the time, I hit every button trying to get back on line but came back on line sitting out.

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I already lost a tournament, couple of time...

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Yes, it happened when I was in England because there is bad internet

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, it happened to me. And the truth is that it hurts but there's nothing we can do

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello, i think everybody could say yes in his onlinepoker play. Sometimes its saves you and sometimes you loose alots of chips. In freerolls with a long regestration possible many days before, there are some players which are currently siting out the whole time. So you could grab some free chips. Very hard is disconnection on the final table or in important spots. In germany there is a regulation rule, that if you are disconnect you get an extra break of 5 minutes in which you could not play. If you are in a heads up on the final table it could be a expensive disconnection.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
Of course it happens sometimes. But in such situations i just try to not think about this for a long time.
I mean situations when i play freerolls.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes it will happen to everyone one time at least. Depends on the game you are playing also as if you were heads up sng then you would likely lose but if you are early in a tournament then you may get the connection back.

I don't remember a time when I lost my connection at a final table but have seen it happen to streamers.

I can't remember the last time I lost connection or had power cut so have quite reliable sources for both now.

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I lost several poker games because of the internet connection that drops when you always have a good game this is fatal to a hell of a rage

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, it probably happens to everyone. It's especially insulting when you look, and there's that card worth playing with) We are all victims of progress.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I won a $55 ticket and was playing on a tablet and lost connection. I was running very good in the tournament too, very frustrating. My connection is normally good at home though.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
This is one of the things that happens to me most, especially when I have a good hand.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is an important game, you should always have backup internet!

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes quite often, I live in a small town on the coast of vancouver island bc canada. The wind storms
knock out hydro power quite often in the winter months.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
oh yeah... The 21st century is in the yard, 2024 is already here, and the Internet is so bad... it really pisses me off a lot when you play a hand, and problems start with the internet, it's worse than when the outs on the river close against you((( 🤬

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I've already lost some tournaments, not so important, but I've already lost Spin & Go at poker stars 3 places, the connection went away and when I came back, I finished last, the tournament ended...

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. That happens more often than not.

Top 10 Games