Have you ever missed a game just because you lost your connection?

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens. Once there was a CC tourney on 888 and the only way to log in was with android. That was a weird one!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, lost connection many times. Power hit, power loss, computer update. Sometimes I can get back in, sometimes not. And it always seems to come at a bad time! :):):):)

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have had a situation more than once when I was dealt a premium hand on the money and I was the top stack at my table and could have doubled! But no, the connection was interrupted and my hand flew to the pass, it's sad.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For some reason, sometimes losing my life makes me miss good games. And when the network came back, I was angry - why did I lose my life at the moment, I should have been able to add some pretty big chips if I didn't lose the network.
Don't feel too bad. I've lost, probably, around $500+ due to lost connections. Mostly from the days of dial-up. :ROFLMAO:
I'm on a really feeble connection atm (T-Mobiles Gateway tower) which is better than my previous provider. I still only play the micros/freerolls tho.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its happened to me way too many times.

There is nothing worse than being half way through a set and losing power.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I've lost several games, not only because of the internet connection that drops, but also because of the power outage.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sure. This has happened several times.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes i did but hopefuly i had my 4G connection from my mobile and i finished the tournament

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
I've lost a few thousand in chips but always came back 💪

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not often, but does sometimes happen. Usually it's PS related glitch as I have reliable high speed fiber optic internet service.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's frustrating and I think it's happened to everyone at least once in their life as a Poker player.
But the most frustrating thing is when you get your connection back and you notice that the last two hands were winning hands and would allow you to double or even triple your stack

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes, our Wi-Fi at home is weak and sometimes turns off at the most important moment, so such situations have happened.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
15years ago during my first couple years of playing poker online, I would occasionally get internet outages that would last for 1 or 2 hours. Each time we'd call up the internet provider and they'd insist it was something on our end (it NEVER was... it was just very poor communication within their company from their tech guys & those who were answering the phones :( ). To compensate for this, I would need to race down to the nearest McDonalds with my laptop & I would play out the remainder of my games there. (they had a 2hr. time limit but I made prior arrangements so that I was able to exceed this).
Later I paid for a 2nd internet provider to make sure I wouldn't miss out on hands while playing MTTs (< which was my game of preference back then)

Today:
I've actually been experiencing problems with my internet connection for the past month or so. It will disconnect very briefly... but long enough so that it fks up all of my tables. Its never more than ~ 15secs. but some times I'll need to close & re-open a poker site to get it to load up again. It sucks!
I have the very best internet available where I live. (Shaw cable). I normally get Download speeds of 882 Mbps & Upload of 106 Mbps.
This week it has been ~ 200/180. And the disconnects are more often. Today it was so bad I decided to cancel my MTT schedule (had a few running and didn't bother to load any more as I just didn't feel confident about my Internet connection :( )
I typically play hardwired via ethernet cable but my wifi is a special board I installed in my computer and it'll give me speeds up to ~ 600 Mbps too.
Sure wish I could resolve the problem.

I also have a back up Internet Connection. 'Bell MiFi'. It gives me ~ 50 Mbps download speed which is twice as fast as I need for poker.
ScreenHunter 17377

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a few times but ,fortunately, mostly in freerolls.There is nothing I can do but be patient.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Changed my ethernet cable over to an old sh1tty one I had laying around (one I 'was' using was a premium cable). THe past few days my max. Download speed has been ~200 Mbps (160 to 200'ish'). Internet cut out on me 12x today while 'trying' to play MTT's. It was terrible.
Changed to new 'old' cable.
ZERO disconnects!
speed is back up there > 914 Mbps
ScreenHunter 17384

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yesterday I lost a game that I was fine with because I slept.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's happen to me several times but it happen when i live on countryside. When i live in the city it's happen to me once or twice. I've been playing poker since 2010 so it wasn't often.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It was like this: you play and the Internet goes down and that's it, the game is missed.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Yes, I always lose connection to my network, unfortunately

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes it happens a lot at GGpoker, don't know why. The others still function but not there.

XicoXicot

XicoXicot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yes. There was a time when, due to some firewall problem, my connection only dropped to pokerstars and it seems that this only happened when I was in the most important hands. Tilt..

Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's a very common thing to happen living in a place where the internet is very slow. There's nothing to do, the way is to wait for the connection to return

Top 10 Games