Have you ever broken your computer or phone because you lost a poker game?

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There was a situation when I threw my phone across the room

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to break the table with my fist, but it didn't work out!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I blame the dealer, I am so angry that I would like to castrate or sterilize him

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am not me have strong nerves
Never! But I know of one popular "Streamer" that did it live one night on the "Twitch" TV. Channel. It just shows how Immature a person is, because they cannot control their emotions when things don't go their way, and were probably one of these Spoiled Brats you see in Supermarkets, Rolling about on the floor, Screaming at their parents because they would not buy them any "Sweeties".
One of my Kids Tried that on me once, and I said "Go ahead, I will see you when you grow up!" and I just walked away, 30 seconds later he was running back to me further down the Aisles.
And before anyone suggests he could have been abducted in that 30 seconds, let me say No one in his right mind would snatch a screaming 3 year old, and there were plenty of shop assistants around to prevent it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the computer ?? the phone ?? are you crazy ?? these worth far more than most of my poker buy ins . why should i ever do such a thing ?? A mouse on the other hand , not so expansive , lol

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can honest say no I have not and never came close. I'm am a pretty mellow player and that does help me. There have been times and bad beats where I can absolutely understand ow someone could lose it and throw there computer out of the window, actually through the window would be accurate.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have come very close to throwing my phone across the room. But no. I never actually have

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but I have come very close.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
no, I didn’t do anything like that, but many times I really wanted to take my anger out on someone, but then I realize that this is poker and this will happen many times, you need to not get burned, but take it calmly!!!

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I have no such stories, the most I could do was to hit the table in anger

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I've had my blood pressure go up a lot due to one or two incredibly bad beats, but I've never caused such a level of damage that it would ruin any device.
It shows a very serious lack of self-control and high aggression for someone to do this, even in the heat of the moment.
I've already hit my notebook, thrown my phone, but only on the bed, luckily I didn't cause permanent damage.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Is it worth that?U need to controll your emotions in my opinion...Sometimes its hard because of suck outs and bad beats of course, but there will be days when u beat the variance ;)

robbieb

robbieb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I have tossed my phone in the air a few times. Been close to throwing it without thinking. Those lucky rivers can hurt.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Instead of disabling office equipment after every offensive defeat, it’s better to head against the wall.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the beginning of my poker career, my technique was poor; I broke one monitor and two phones. At that time, I loved playing poker with a beer, so here's the result. After a while, I realized that I was playing poorly and decided to play poker only when I was sober. Since then, changes have taken place, I've started winning more often and keeping my technique intact.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question! Yes, I have broken my phone and a tablet…. I should send the bill to the poker site! For rewarding donkeys and suck outs lol

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am not me have strong nerves
no, If I break my notebook or cell phone, I will suffer losses, what will I play with? There are bad moments in poker, but not to break our work tools

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, the most thing I've broken is a headset, which I accidentally hit. I wanted to hit myself on the head out of anger... and I hit my headphones by mistake

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
No, my phone and laptop are too valuable to me :) It never crossed my mind to do so. I only play freerolls and don't use my own money to play poker though :)

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, of course, this has never happened, I can’t even imagine how the game should make you angry.

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I broke the phone a couple of times, and once I hit the monitor with my fist, I had to change the matrix, but I have a rare one. Overall it was a good price ^^

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
So far No, I've never broken any device , When i am in rage i have self control.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I've started playing poker online and I had many bad beats in a row- usually my mouse 'suffered' a lot(I had like 5 back-up ones for quite some time lol), but I never went too crazy and broke mobile devices/ PC/ monitors etc... still, after learning a lot more about poker(equity/ ranges/ bankroll management...) and especially working on my poker mental game, I now have no problems with many bad hands in a row- don't get me wrong it still sucks but if I feel that I really can't play my A game anymore, I just stop adding more tables and finish the session- losing control doesn't fix anything and from my experience it usually ends up in losing more money...

GLGL all at the tables $$$

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, raging is not the answer. People that rage due to poker probably have much deeper rooted issues that bad beats in poker is just one trigger of many, that make them behave in such a manner.

Top 10 Games